Fiction [New Album Spoilers Highly Likely. Read At Own Risk]

oh, that.

I thought it was kinda cool.......it's probably just the middle two pages of the booklet though.

At least now we know that there is probably a good reason behind that simplicity, not just the mighty Sundin slacking off (or is it? >_>)

I guess the pieces will fall into place once I get the cd and see for myself. :D

To be honest, i think Focus Shift is average. It just seems very straight forward although with a few listens it may become better, just like a fine wine :)

Or perhaps it´s more like a bad wine, which becomes better after a whole lot of drinks. :p
I think the cover looks really good, although as many have pointed out a tad to simple. The covers from haven-->Character were all great, not to mention the illustration of the booklets. But we´ll see I guess, It´s propably going to be awesome anyway :).

It's the back cover.

The real cover is actually *way* more simple and basic, so there will be interesting reactions for sure.

Will tehre be the same cover for all editions, or some variations as with Character? Will Japanese get their uber-awesome cover again? :heh:

^ I think that's quite possible, considering that there are so many different versions of the album coming out :Smug: . Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if the Australian ver. got a different cover instead of the Japanese ver. :p .

Well it was pretty obvious that the pic wasn't the cover of the cd, I mean, it has the track list people! It was pretty clear to me that it was going to be in the back or something, though at 1st I though it was just for propaganda and stuff hehe :rolleyes:

What I don't like about the pic is the "amgel" (demon, Death, whatever) that appears, it looks like it was taken out form a hardcore cd! But otherwise the rest seems preety good to me.

It appears that DT is going towards a more simplistic direction, at least concerning lyrics and drawings.

Ok, Kangaroon is my new favorite word.

~kov.

KANGAROON!!!!

kangaroo.jpg

Maybe (probably) you guys will think I'm crazy for saying this, but so far, every album cover except for The Gallery has reflected the overall colour of the music. For example, when I listen to Damage Done, I "see" white and red (and pink). Character's music is rough and grey and black, just like the album cover, although I don't "hear" the orange. Focus Shift definitely sounds black.

Also, somewhat related... When I look at the cover of Damage Done, the song I see in the art is Monochromatic Stains.

Reactions: Villain
Hm, you just made me think: I can't recall a "bright" dt song (forget the orange). It's an interesting observation though.

Poor color-deaf people...

I won't actually knock that. My brother swears by the fact that certain numbers have colors, and such, so I agree with the idea that the songs can have them as well.

Personally, though, I tend to relate them to mood, or a single emotion, more than color.

~kov.

Dobermann???

I also thought Focus Shift sounds a bit too straight forward.. Then again, I wasn't too big fan of Lost to Apathy either, yet Character as a whole album is nothing short of awesome.

..And Terminus sounds great. :headbang: