Fiction [New Album Spoilers Highly Likely. Read At Own Risk]

There is nothing wrong with simplicity as long as the elements are utilized well. When I referenced simplicity, it was in regard to the actual, physical visual complexity, not necessarily the theme, characterizations, whatever therein. If you look at the visually complex covers of Haven and Character, there is (forgive my bastardized description, but it is early in the morn where I am and I am waking up) a lot of stuff to look at and think about. In this instance, there are layers, sure, but it's also desolate. To echo myself, Sundin definitely knows what he's doing. In regard to that, I'm excited to see the artistic direction.

I agree, DoC. The artwork has an almost gothic horror aspect to it - not in the sense that 'goth' is used nowadays, but rather like something I could see illustrating a Poe story. Or perhaps a Bradbury novel. Simple in design and form, perhaps, but layered in a peculiar way.

~kov.

I'm really sorry for this.

kangaroonmo3.jpg

If that's the cover, then it's both simple and awesome... and yet seems like something I could have done, at the same time. Maybe not as well, but it is quite simple. And reminiscent of VNV Nation...

But it's still pretty damn cool looking.

~kov.

Quite ok, although not as good as the Damage Done/Haven/Character covers.
I just cant understand were "Fiction" is supposed to be written on it. It seems like it reads "Dark Tranquillity" under the DT, but whre is the album name?

Cool work anyway, makes me think of the artwork in the booklet for senses tied/my negation, which was really good IMO.

Quite ok, although not as good as the Damage Done/Haven/Character covers.
I just cant understand were "Fiction" is supposed to be written on it. It seems like it reads "Dark Tranquillity" under the DT, but whre is the album name?

Cool work anyway, makes me think of the artwork in the booklet for senses tied/my negation, which was really good IMO.
I think it says "dark tranquillity-fiction" under the DT... And I ain't sure If I believe that is the artwork, but it is pretty good.

@siren: :lol: wtf mayte?

IF that's the cover, I think I'm disappointed. I did not become worried when Niklas said that it would be way more simple than what's featured on the main page, as I still imagined something like that artwork (which is awesome and would make a brilliant cover) as cover art. But this...It's of course really hard to tell from such a small picture, but it looks simple in a boring way.

At least one can hope for different covers for different album versions, so that I can buy another one... Which reminds me that I ought to buy the regular version of Character so that I 1) get the record with teh cool cover art and 2) won't wear out the signed digipack version.

Which reminds me of another desire of mine: I want the character cover art as a poster, dammit! :yell: :yell:

I think it looks pretty cool. The album covers are never as simple as they may seem, so I guess it's the same with this one. Also, most of the times there's a concept behind it.. so let's wait and see ;)

Wow, where did you guys found out that that is the cover?!?

It seems pretty simple, yet I love it... . I felt my heart tremble just by looking at the cover, something that did not happened with Character.

I love the fact that it looks like the cover of some Black-viking band, with the mountains and all :) :kickass: :headbang: .

Cna somebody get a bigger pic please?

So maybe this is one of the things Mikael meant when he said that the new album will have both old and new stuff, because the background seems really old DT but with a new vibe, and the logo is teh new one.

Shit, I'm getting more and more excited about the New album!!!
:headbang: :)