Fiction [New Album Spoilers Highly Likely. Read At Own Risk]

Once again I'm delighted with lyrics and its depth...
And those keyboards so sweet and harmonizing.
So fresh and so dt-ish (
lol.gif
)

Those two previous songs "Where Death Is Most Alive" and "Blind At Heart" didn't impress me that much as "Focus Shift"

DT just need to shot a great video for that and everything would be fine

The lyrics remind me of Tongues, as well as Senses Tied, with;

"Sure we've had a good run with vowels, nouns, and letters
but within its very nature, the ability to distort."

Ok, Ive finally heard Focus Shift. How to begin...? I think DT cannot put anything really new on the table. BUT, what they can do is to come up with new arrangements of what suits them best - and, fortunately, this is the case of Focus Shift. "Teh riff" is there again, but I really like the melodic way in which it is incorporated into the song. But then again, the band doesnt seem to be able to leave the stanza-chorus-stanza pattern, which is big con in my book - especially when the chorus totally sucks (unlike hyena, I dont like Brandstroms contribution to this song at all). The solos are great - this hasnt really been a DTs trademark, so the fresher it sounds - more of it please! Someone said something about Anders not being creative in this song - very true - just keeping the tempo, no breaks, no fills, really disappointing, it would go really well with the solos, freshen the song even more.

All in all, from what Ive heard so far this song belongs to the better part of the album, but still is nothing really special. I fear the new DT will get its ass kicked by the Laethoras new spawn.

Haha, that V just strikes me as out of place for some reason - it looks like a great guitar, but maybe I've just never seen you with one before.

And is it just me, or is the head-grab becoming Stanne's signature move? (Much like Strid's 'cha-ching' arm movement in concert.) I'm not complaining, just wondering.

All in all, it looks damn cool - very similar to Lost to Apathy in coloration and texture.

~kov.

Once again I'm delighted with lyrics and its depth...
And those keyboards so sweet and harmonizing.
So fresh and so dt-ish (
lol.gif
)

Those two previous songs "Where Death Is Most Alive" and "Blind At Heart" didn't impress me that much as "Focus Shift"

I agree, BAH and Terminus (WDIMA) were pretty bad :cry: :ill: . BUT Focus Shift is really, really good!

marduk1507 said:
Ok, Ive finally heard Focus Shift. How to begin...? I think DT cannot put anything really new on the table. BUT, what they can do is to come up with new arrangements of what suits them best - and, fortunately, this is the case of Focus Shift. "Teh riff" is there again, but I really like the melodic way in which it is incorporated into the song. But then again, the band doesnt seem to be able to leave the stanza-chorus-stanza pattern, which is big con in my book - especially when the chorus totally sucks (unlike hyena, I dont like Brandstroms contribution to this song at all). The solos are great - this hasnt really been a DTs trademark, so the fresher it sounds - more of it please! Someone said something about Anders not being creative in this song - very true - just keeping the tempo, no breaks, no fills, really disappointing, it would go really well with the solos, freshen the song even more.

All in all, from what Ive heard so far this song belongs to the better part of the album, but still is nothing really special. I fear the new DT will get its ass kicked by the Laethoras new spawn.

I agree with nearly everything you said, except with the part "I think DT cannot put anything really new on the table.: I think DT can still develope a new "style," it might/will take a while, but I'm surethey still can create new and amazing things.

And it was me the one who said the things of the drums, finally somebody notices it! Now I can see ye're like me, ye read every post no matter how long hehe :kickass: .

Great pic! I like Nikla's guitar, pretty standard but he looks pretty rude I must admit! Congrats!

Mikael looks sooo handsome in that pic :cry: :oops: !

Can't wait for the video!!!

:headbang:

I'm a bit bothered aswell about Niklas' guitar :p

Why didn't he use his J.Nunis custom guitar, it's wicked.. :bah:

Anyways, looks like a cool video and hope to see it soon!

Ps. got my gothic dt t-shirt today in the mail :D

Flying-V is teh rrrrrrock, you noobs, it could be Stratocaster for fuck's sake :heh:

But somehow I picture The Sundin in wristbands with spikes and corpse paint... hmmmm

:D

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Integer id velit. Sed ultrices, odio nec faucibus venenatis, elit neque congue diam, quis egestas nisl justo eleifend nibh. Pellentesque scelerisque turpis non purus. Niklas' Guitar donec eleifend arcu ac purus. Cras mi ligula, mattis et, lobortis at, aliquet quis, ipsum. Sed venenatis turpis vel diam. Nullam sed massa quis tellus laoreet fermentum. Integer euismod elementum sem. Nunc sagittis, magna non ullamcorper facilisis, nulla erat varius elit, a tincidunt elit velit ac libero. Morbi non nunc. Aliquam cursus tincidunt orci. Aenean ut tellus id metus semper accumsan. Sed malesuada tristique turpis.

Reactions: stardrowned
Okay, pirate man.
piratesex.jpg