First Metal Purchase?

Originally posted by nØthing
...I think it's good that I started out with their old stuff, so I wasn't sucked into their newer sound.
"Suck" is a good word, lol.

I got into Pantera early too, right about Coyboys From Hell time, and followed it up until the end. Now I think Down is just as cool, except I find myself smokin' one to it rather than moshing with my drunk friends.

Man it could have been anything, Im older than hell so it coulda been some old buttrock like Ratt, Or Dokken Ozzy, Metallica's Master Of puppets or even Megedeths Peace sells, Truth is I just dont remeber:( Oh well!!:D

Good thread, let me see, If my memory serves me right, AC/DC was my very first purchase at age nine or so, it was a very big change from my parents country music upbringing. It slowly climbed upward from there, around the age of sixteen, my cousin moved in for a short time, and brought with him Pantera, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, and so on. The sky was the limit,lol.
:lol:
:Smokin:
:headbang:

...And Justice for All - tape was first metal recording I bought, I had several tape copies of Metallica before that though.

I did have Gn'R's Appetite for Destruction, Skid Row's Slave to the Grind, but I don't consider them metal.

I don't know if you would count Alice in Chains, but I bought their first album Facelift when it came out. As for a first extreme metal purchase.. I think it was Cannibal Corpse - "Tomb of the Mutilated".

First extreme metal purchase was either Morbid Angel's Domination or Obituary's The End Complete. If you can count Slayer as extreme metal, I picked up Reign in Blood about a decade ago - that pretty much popped my cherry for the real shit.