FRANK! FRANK! FRANK! FRANK! FRANK! (Heathen Crusade II social/quotes/picture thread)

Manegarm

IMG_1032.jpg

Dark Forest

Obtest!!!!!!!

only when RiA pours multiple vodka/cranberry drinks down my throat, JayKeeley buys me a multiple beers, and I have a flask filled with whiskey that me and multiple band members drank. Then some person gave me a full bottle of rum right as I was about to start getting sober; I continued to drink that when I got back to the lobby. Then like Krig said, I came up to the room and ate pizza in the dark... with way too much alcohol.

:lol: Awesome.

Pizza in the dark just tastes better eh?

And swizzlenuts, the last I saw you, around 4am I guess cause I was getting ready to leave, you looked like your mind was about 12 miles from your body. You were blank, heh.

I saw andy dick pretty much naked (a thin underwear was between me and his manhood) as he jumped into a hot tub...

Fucking swedes.

Some incredible pictures, the expression on Scalzi's face (combined with the caption) is priceless, as are the ones of the dude in Mael Mordha, who looks like he stepped right out of a Braveheart battle scene. And what is that guy from Shroud of Bereveament chugging?

And what is that guy from Shroud of Bereveament chugging?

Milk. About 10 minutes before they go onstage he comes up to me asking for some milk. He had gotten a little sick on the flight there and his voice was bothering him and said milk will help it. The bar did not have any milk so I had my runner go get him a quart of milk from the 7-11 a few blocks away. We got it while they were doing their first song and so I gave it to him during the break between songs. Talked to him afterwards and he said it did the trick so he was very appreciative. Don't know why I just typed out that long ass explanation!:lol:

Thanks everyone for all the great reviews! Please keep them coming. I am going to work on putting together a page on the official site with links to various reviews and photos.

I'll keeps this short.

Big thanks to Kris and John. You guys put on a great show. I really hope this was a financial success this time around.

To the RCers: Thanks for being so receptive. You guys were great. I'm not going to make a list of names, as that has already been done. Once again, many thanks.

Neil, some of those band shots are excellent.

Thanks. I actually bought a new lens specifically for the fest, so I was pretty happy with what I got out of it. Available-Light Photography 4-Evah!

What, no Slough Feg?

Yeah, I'm a bit of an idiot. I didn't bring my camera with me on my first trip in because it's kind of a pain to lug around, and I wasn't sure what the conditions would be like (sight-lines, violence level, lighting). And I didn't manage to go back to the hotel to get it until Vreid. Luckily it looks like plenty of other people got good shots of Scalzi kicking ass.

Then on day 2, I was all ready to take pictures of Manetheren, until I discovered I'd left my memory card in my computer. D'oh!

Neil

This was written on 2 different days, the first when I was drunk saturday morning, the second when I was hungover yesterday.

Day 1 report:

Got in at 6:30 or so, and met max, will, cara, derick, kriggy, and a buncha RCers in the lobby...

Eventually, after the shuttle failed to show up, we piled into a van, all of us, and went to the venue.

Will of the Ancients: Pretty cool shit, I enjoyed it.

Vesperian Sorrow: Suprised the hell outta me.

Slough Feg: ZOMG so amazing.

Vreid: Best black metal set I've ever seen, period.

Manegarm: Extremely entertaining. The violenist was insane.

Got back to the hotel, had a pizza and some jager with sanctums and some of his friends, then went up to floor 7. They were partying in the halls. Started some drinkings there... got to drink from the bottle of mike from slough feg. Talked to him for a while, and all the other bands. Will went to sleep, me and max stayed up.

The cops showed up, we all piled into rooms, and me and max ended up in Manegarms room, with members of Vreid and Will of the Ancients there too...

Day 2:

Woke up at about 8am... an amazing 2 1/2 hours of sleep. No real hangover but a slight headache. Walked around the hotel for a while, ran into Mike and Janne again who were getting breakfast (which was amazing since I was up till 5am drinking with them, so they have the same 3 hour sleep schedule I did). Wandered down to a gas station and got some smokes and a Coolah energy drink.

Came back to the hotel, went upstairs and will and max were still sleeping like the little bitches there were. Surfed the net for while... They finally woke up.

Got some lunch with them, Derick, and Cara (who actually ate right before that, so they just watched us eat)... Then we went to this giant Sears which was right next to the hotel. Atleast it was giant to me, I had never seen a Sears so big.

LRD has a funny voice.

Went down to the venue after that and caught the end of Dark Forest's set. They sounded ok. Nothing special though.

Gwynbleidd had great music, stage performance was a bit dull though. I still enjoyed it.

Earthen was The only band on the fest that I saw that I wish I hadn't seen. The guys from Mael Mordha were trying to keep them in time from up in the bar by slamming the beat on a table loudly...

Shroud of Bereavement, very awesome doom metal. I was quite impressed.

Me, Will, Derick, and Cara went to dinner at this point, Max stayed at the venue, so we didn't see Hordes of Yore's (Or as Will would say: HORDES OF... BORE! EH? EH?!) or most of Mael Mordha's set, though what I did see of Mael Mordha's kinda made me regret missing most of it.

Obtest was next. I enjoyed the music but the vocals annoyed the hell outta me.

Then came Rudra. Holy shit did they kill. My neck was wrecked after their set... Also got to formally meet RIA as he poured several drinks down my throat. And they played 'The pathless path to the knowable unknown'. That stole the night for me. They were my favorite band of the night, and tie with Vreid for the fest.

Skyforger was also amazing. They really put on a show, and all the crazy folk instruments the one guy plays on stage, woo!

Then Bal-Sagoth came on. He does the narrations on stage <3 <3 <3. Sadly you couldn't hear some of them because of a mic error. Still the music killed, and was an awesome end to an awesome fest.

The End.

Not. Got back to the hotel, sat in the room for a moment... I think I said "I HEAR PEOPLE!" and ran out of the room. Of course it was Mike from slough feg I heard, once again, being all drunk in the halls. Went down to the main lobby where everyone was and the Phil Lynott comparisons commenced, (On stage he told everyone "Phil Lynott is here!" and pointed at me, which, I must admit, If I grew my hair out even more, I would look like phil) and so did the beer drinking. One point he said if I started a thin lizzy cover band, he and angelo would join as guitarists... so drunk, haha. Then at some point Janne from Manegarm broke into the pool with this one crazy red headed chick who I had seen drunk all over the place this weekend... he had no shyness about removing his clothes in front of mostly men and jumping into the hot tub. Crazy swedes. Then the floor hopping began, cop kept going around to any floor that had parties starting up and pushing people into rooms, which blew. But they allowed the party in the main lobby to continue for some reason, which had grown large.

Then, like a flash, the time for me to leave came, I cried... I didn't wanna go. But I did, with a little help of some vodka and a beer to chug on the way out.

Ended up making a total ass of my self on the super shuttle which rudra was on... I think. I hardly remember it, but I always make an ass outta myself when I'm intoxicated, so I'm sure I did. I remember we talked about Agalloch for a while.

Got on the plane and passed out, woke up in salt lake... don't even remember the layover in Denver, except for a long walk, haha.

This weekend killed.