FRANK! FRANK! FRANK! FRANK! FRANK! (Heathen Crusade II social/quotes/picture thread)

My work doesn't allow facial hair. Not that I could grow a decent one to save my life anyhow. Last time I attempted such a feat was when I had long hair. I looked like I was Amish farmer after a long day of chicken plucking.

:erk:

When Earthen was on stage, their lead singer, which is a female, had a really tight Agalloch shirt on. She had a bit of a tummy so it was showing. She said their last song was going to be HEAVY.

So, I replied, "Your Heavy!" "Oh shit!"

Hopefully that doesn't make it on the DVD for Heathen Crusade II.

To Swizzlenuts:

I happen to know this girl and the guitarist, Mike LeGros (Disinter, Novembers Doom) extremely well. "That girl" her name is Holly and she happens to be the most metal person I know. This was their first show and she was extremely nervous having never been on stage before. She was also partying with all of us and the Bal-Sagoth guys, the night before until 6am. She literally had to wake up, and go straight onstage.

I think it's sad and repulsive when we base our opinion on a Metal Chik, especially if she's in a band on her looks. We do this because a lot (not all) girls in the "scene" dress like fucking whores and aren't even into the music. But when a kick ass girl comes around and looks average, and just wears band t-shirst and jeans to support the music and bands she loves...if she isn't perfect or doesn't have a "tight body" maybe due to the fact that she parties like the rest of us,she gets ridiculed. I think thats discusting. What does how she looks (and I happen to think she's beautiful, inside and out) have anything to do about her vocal performace. Like I said..I happen to know that it was her first show and she was nervous as hell. But she went up there and did it..knowing that she didn't look like a cliche metal/goth chik.
Sorry for the rant. But I just see comments like that and it pisses me off!

And I think that was a fucking dick move shouting your comment out like that when she was on stage. When their band drove over 500 miles to come play their first show. I'm just glad she didn't hear that or she would have kicked your fucking ass!
It's guys like you, that gives us guys in metal a bad name!

I think soon enough HC will eventually become known as Royal Carnage Crusade :headbang:

Remember when some of us were throwing the idea of a Royal Carnage festival around? Well, it's finally happened, just without any direct role in the organization. I think everyone who made the trip deserves some sort of privileges (read: beer discount) for next year...

To Swizzlenuts:

I happen to know this girl and the guitarist, Mike LeGros (Disinter, Novembers Doom) extremely well. "That girl" her name is Holly and she happens to be the most metal person I know. This was their first show and she was extremely nervous having never been on stage before. She was also partying with all of us and the Bal-Sagoth guys, the night before until 6am. She literally had to wake up, and go straight onstage.

I think it's sad and repulsive when we base our opinion on a Metal Chik, especially if she's in a band on her looks. We do this because a lot (not all) girls in the "scene" dress like fucking whores and aren't even into the music. But when a kick ass girl comes around and looks average, and just wears band t-shirst and jeans to support the music and bands she loves...if she isn't perfect or doesn't have a "tight body" maybe due to the fact that she parties like the rest of us,she gets ridiculed. I think thats discusting. What does how she looks (and I happen to think she's beautiful, inside and out) have anything to do about her vocal performace. Like I said..I happen to know that it was her first show and she was nervous as hell. But she went up there and did it..knowing that she didn't look like a cliche metal/goth chik.
Sorry for the rant. But I just see comments like that and it pisses me off!

And I think that was a fucking dick move shouting your comment out like that when she was on stage. When their band drove over 500 miles to come play their first show. I'm just glad she didn't hear that or she would have kicked your fucking ass!
It's guys like you, that gives us guys in metal a bad name!

Do you know about the joke when someone says something like this: "Hey, these flowers are rotten." Other person: "You're Rotten!"

All it was, was a joke that happen to come at the wrong time, immediately followed by an "Oh Shit!" which was because I did not mean in the way it came out; I only wanted it as a silly joke. The whole point of the post was to make fun of myself, nothing about her. In my post there wasn't an innuendo making fun of her being overweight, it was just something that came out wrong. Actually, right after that show we walked to the gas station and talked about how the girl was cute.