FRIDAY Prediction Thread

What's too bad is that both Falconer & Dream Evil do have some good music, but it's the vocals that just kill them.

And what's funny is that this same exact comment is so much used to describe many death & core bands. :lol: :lol:
The guy from Falconer is a hell of a singer, and performer .. been in major play productions and whatnot.. although I can see some serious cheesiness in their music, and even in his style. Still, I'd kill to see a band like that any day over one of these five word bands of metal core crap.

Britt

I was speaking of Liquid Monster, which blew, esp after the amazing Soul Temptation.
I have not heard the new one...

Ironically, Symphorce's albums kept getting worse as well...

As I said, I think him doing BOTH bands is what keeps them both being "Good" but not "great" bands.. Just my opinion.
Those two bands are just limited in musicianship. They are quality musicians, but they have taken things as far as they can go in their genre. Mystic Prophecy, Nocturnal Rites .. all of them .. have pretty much done about all they can do.

By the way . I think the new Brainstorm is a step up from Liquid Monster .. which I didn't care for all that much.

Britt

PS One thing about Andy Franck though ... hell of a frontman. There aren't many people who can fire up a crowd better than him. I also thought the Noctural Rites frontman was great.

And thus proving they are truly progressive!! Too much for the average metal or metalcore fan to handle...you, apparently are one of them. :p

no, just that they are crap and the wave of that style will be over and thee will be tons of thier disc floating around at stores destined to become coasters at local bars.

The way I understand it, the first ProgPower sold out. The reason it moved to Atlanta was because Earthlink was closer to Glenn, metal-friendly, and festival-friendly (close to the hotels and easily accessible by public transport)... not to mention BIGGER. Let's face it: J.J. Kelley's is a tiny venue to hold an annual metal festival in. Right? ;)

Actually, I'm not 100% sure (Chris probably knows more since he helped Glenn quite a bit to put that first one together), but even though it may have sold out, I'm pretty sure Glenn still lost money due the other costs involved with putting on the fest. It's been so long, I can't remember.

Also, Glenn tried VERY hard to stay in Chicago, but all of the venues he wanted to have it at here (since JJ Kelleys wasn't where he wanted to keep it for various reasons) were WAY too expensive to justify financially. I'm pretty sure he may have also looked into other cities as well before he finally settled on Atlanta. For one, Atlanta has never been, nor is it now, a metal town & I think initially Glenn had his doubts on whether or not the majority of his target audience would travel for the fest, which is why Chicago or NYC are more logical locations. Took a couple years in Atlanta, but it eventually paid off obviously.

Actually, I'm not 100% sure (Chris probably knows more since he helped Glenn quite a bit to put that first one together), but even though it may have sold out, I'm pretty sure Glenn still lost money due the other costs involved with putting on the fest. It's been so long, I can't remember.

Also, Glenn tried VERY hard to stay in Chicago, but all of the venues he wanted to have it at here (since JJ Kelleys wasn't where he wanted to keep it for various reasons) were WAY too expensive to justify financially. I'm pretty sure he may have also looked into other cities as well before he finally settled on Atlanta. For one, Atlanta has never been, nor is it now, a metal town & I think initially Glenn had his doubts on whether or not the majority of his target audience would travel for the fest, which is why Chicago or NYC are more logical locations. Took a couple years in Atlanta, but it eventually paid off obviously.

WOW, I have to agree with you Rob. Yeah...I dont think anyone every put Atlanta and Metal in the same sentence before ProgPower moved down there.
It is a shame that there isnt a more financially better place in Chicago to pull off fest type shows in the city. Chicago is a great place for huge fest...you have the airport, buses, and plenty of hotels and things to do after and before a huge fest.

no, just that they are crap and the wave of that style will be over and thee will be tons of thier disc floating around at stores destined to become coasters at local bars.

Obviously, you've never been to a BTBAM show...total Dream Theater crowd vibe!! A huge portion of the crowd are obviously musicians...and of the young variety, which is nice to see. :kickass:

Don't speak of things you know NOTHING about. :p

...you have the airport, buses, and plenty of hotels and things to do after and before a huge fest.

Yes, that's true. However, the worst part of Chicago as a home for a metal fest...are the options of people to do other things, or go to see other shows...regardless of how strong/solid anyone (including us) might think a lineup is.

Chicago is NOT a metalfest friendly town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although, we are fighting it as best we can. Even PP couldn't do it, but we refuse to quit...at least until the money runs out. ;)

I dont like BTBAM's vocals but I defitenely agree they aren't a run of the mill metalcore band and I wouldn't be upset if they confirmed.

But if a band like BFMV is confirmed

:X

well i hate you then :(

Yes, that's true. However, the worst part of Chicago as a home for a metal fest...are the options of people to do other things, or go to see other shows...regardless of how strong/solid anyone (including us) might think a lineup is.

Chicago is NOT a metalfest friendly town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although, we are fighting it as best we can. Even PP couldn't do it, but we refuse to quit...at least until the money runs out. ;)

If a show is strong and solid....nothing else will detour people from going to see it. If this lineup was at say the Metro...you would have an empty place until like Suidakra and Darkane were on. On Friday...empty house till Iced Earth.

With the show not being inthe city or even city limits, you do lose lots of city folk who have no cars or anyway to get out to hillbilly land. Getting a hotel room isnt an option for lots of people either.

There are tons of fest and special all days shows that are strong and done right out of Chicago....Pitchfork for example. When the right bands are choosen in a certain genre...people will come.

I dont like BTBAM's vocals but I defitenely agree they aren't a run of the mill metalcore band and I wouldn't be upset if they confirmed.

But if a band like BFMV is confirmed

:X

well i hate you then :(
True !! I'm not a fan of BTBAM, but I do know that they are held in higher regard than the typical metalcore band. My earlier slam at five word metal core band names wasn't really aimed at them directly, but it does seem that genre has a glut of silly band names.

Britt

True !! I'm not a fan of BTBAM, but I do know that they are held in higher regard than the typical metalcore band. My earlier slam at five word metal core band names wasn't really aimed at them directly, but it does seem that genre has a glut of silly band names.

Britt

nothing worse than a lame band name.....well I am off to listen to Fairyland and wait for the annoucement. damn you rob!!! hurry.

nothing worse than a lame band name.....well I am off to listen to Fairyland and wait for the annoucement. damn you rob!!! hurry.
Yeah, that's a really gay band name. Bad band names aren't reserved only for metalcore .. that's for sure. If that band was a metal core band their name would be Angst In The Land Of Fairies.

Britt

uh Jason...Lallapalloza does huge here in the city. The tours failed though.

Well, yeah now.. I was referring to the original tours....
Once they strayed from the original core alternative formula, it seemed to flop..

I mean, I see what they were trying to do, but Rancid, Metallica, and Ramones fans were not interested in going to "Lollapalooza"