• More than 1 of the above

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • Other

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters

Soundlurker

Nov 19, 2005
I sense another Europe vs USA debate ;)

Personally, if the fries are fresh and tasty I think they're best simply with salt, but it's also awesome with good mayonnaise. I don't mind eating them with ketchup but if it's good fries it feels wrong to be tasting ketchup instead of the delicious fries. If it's cold or slightly old fries then sure - drown them in ketchup or even kethcup, mayonnaise and mustard!
I haven't tried them with vinegar, it sounds weird but I'll give it a go sometime. Is it a particular type of vinegar that's typically used?

Wow. Tough one. I'd say mayonnaise with a subtle touch of garlic and black pepper.
I also like crappy bbq sauce every now and then.

Burny are you talking about
Pan-fried+potatoes.jpg

or do you put garlic and pepper on:
410396539_a83f11d0a4.jpg

Salt, or some kind of dip (Bearnaise, Cheddar). Guacamole and certain kinds of Mayo can be tasty as well.

Yeah dips are awesome but I've only tried them with crisps (aka us chips). I couldn't get used to Guacamole though, it tastes so unusual for me.

Burny are you talking about
Pan-fried+potatoes.jpg

or do you put garlic and pepper on:
410396539_a83f11d0a4.jpg

Yeah dips are awesome but I've only tried them with crisps (aka us chips). I couldn't get used to Guacamole though, it tastes so unusual for me.

Both could work but I was talking about the second picture. I don't know if it's very popular in other countries but here, you can buy dehydrated hacked garlic. That's what I'd use. I put it directly on the mayonnaise. Same for the pepper.

Salt, vinegar.

And, like every other food stuff in this world, the Holy Trinity of condaments.

Ketchup, BBQ sauce and Mayonnaise.

Mayo is fucking disgusting on fries. I tried to be open about it when abroad... but man, it's just gross.

I'm saddened to see ranch dressing missing from your list, but the absolute best thing to dip a french fry in is a milkshake, and a Wendy's Frosty is ideal.

Mayo is fucking disgusting on fries.

Ah, I was waiting for this :D
It's really interesting for me that anyone, short of a person who can't stand mayonnaise to begin with, would find fries and mayo disgusting. Is there any reasoning behind this or is it the fact that it tastes unusual for you as a combination?

What are the most common uses for mayonnaise in the USA?

Ah, I was waiting for this :D
It's really interesting for me that anyone, short of a person who can't stand mayonnaise to begin with, would find fries and mayo disgusting. Is there any reasoning behind this or is it the fact that it tastes unusual for you as a combination?

What are the most common uses for mayonnaise in the USA?

I only like it on the bottom bun of a burger (but 1000 Island's dressing is better there) or on a sandwich - it adds a touch of flavor, but it's too strong/repulsive a taste/texure to be dipping something into it.

Aside from being mixed up with Tuna, I'd say those are the most common uses of mayo in the US.

That all said, I don't get why there has to be a reasoning behind food tasting disgusting to some people? They're called 'tastes' after all. :lol:

slightly ot, but does mayonnaise make anyone else gag when the have it on it's own? (literally, it's fucking foul)

Yes, and this is precisely why I only like it in tiny doses... not on french fries.