Votes: 19 18.4%
  • Mustard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 1 of the above

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • Other

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters
I'd say if they are good, just salt. Maybe a little bearnaise or some sort of similar sauce, otherwise I have to agree on the mayonnaise ! I know some people like them just with vinegar, for some reason I believe it could be tasy, strange enough to try next time !

Ketchup.

Sometimes also mayo, but it doesnt have to be.

Most times I simlpy forget to also put some salt on them if I make them at home.

From the answers given in this thread, I think vinegar is a British thing....amirite?

Also, Jeff......that looks like a typical london pavement on a saturday morning.

That all said, I don't get why there has to be a reasoning behind food tasting disgusting to some people? They're called 'tastes' after all. :lol:

Yes, and this is precisely why I only like it in tiny doses... not on french fries.

There has to be some reason for a whole huge country to find mayo+fries disgusting. I doubt your mayonnaise is so different from European so it must be something else.

I wouldn't eat a spoonful of mayonnaise obviously but I quite like it on a variety of foods - from salads to hot dogs and even pizza sometimes. TBH, I can eat slices of bread with just mayo and black pepper, it even goes nicely with boiled eggs, which I assume would make half of you puke at the thought of eating?

From the answers given in this thread, I think vinegar is a British thing....amirite?

Also, Jeff......that looks like a typical london pavement on a saturday morning.

I'd say it's pretty British, yeah.

LOL @ the second part :D

I doubt your mayonnaise is so different from European so it must be something else.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that, some american foods taste completely different, even though they may share a name and look the same.

American chocolate is not even recogniseable as chocolate to my pallete.

Yeah, Animal Style doesn't look pretty, but if you've ever had In-N-Out... you'd know.

The mayo I've had in Germany, England, and France has all been the same stuff we use in America; same taste/smell/consistency.

A spoonful sounds absolutely gag-worthy, but so does putting it on a hot dog or pizza! My cousin used to put it on his hot dogs but he's the only person I know who does it.

The only thing I'd go out my way to mix mayo with is tuna tbh, you're right its no great shakes on its own, I wouldnt say no to it on chips but only if there was no ketchup.

But yes, tuna + mayo = the ideal partnership, both not great on their own but godly when combined, gotta love me that pure protein tuna mayo sandwich.

Well that's weird... tuna and mayonnaise doesn't sound too good to me. Depends, though, do you mean Tuna fillet or flakes? I assume without brine/oil (that would be kinda nasty).
I wouldn't be so quick to assume that, some american foods taste completely different, even though they may share a name and look the same.

American chocolate is not even recogniseable as chocolate to my pallete.

Hm, you might be on to something. I see most American beer is also largely considered to not bear any resemblance to European beer. And Americans have said that even McDonald's doesn't taste the same outside of the USA.

I'm so curious to try a bunch of stuff now :D If I go to the states I'll probably spend half my time in shops trying out all the musical gear and the other half trying out what else doesn't taste remotely close to the European equivalent.

EDIT: Nevermind, considering what Jeff said :)

Aprt from tuna the only time have mayo is in combo with ketchup and bbq sauce, you have to try it, it's incredible in a burger. Or on spicy food it does the same thing that yogurt would do, but is richer and creamier.

I can imagine mayo on a pizza or on a hotdog it would be vile.

Hm, you might be on to something. I see most American beer is also largely considered to not bear any resemblance to European beer. And Americans have said that even McDonald's doesn't taste the same outside of the USA.

Mass produced American beer is more akin to horse urine than beer; our craft and microbrewery sourced drinks are excellent, though.

And yeah, the fast food places (Subway, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, etc) that I've had abroad definitely taste a bit different, but I'd chalk it more up to local supply of ingredients being a bit different. The beef supply for McDonald's in Germany Germany is going to be very different than the beef supply for McD's in the US, for instance.

That said, McDonald's abroad is way better than it is here. I never, ever eat it here, but didn't really have a problem stopping in for a quick lunch while traveling, although I'd far prefer some kind of döner or gyro type meal haha.

Well that's weird... tuna and mayonnaise doesn't sound too good to me. Depends, though, do you mean Tuna fillet or flakes? I assume without brine/oil (that would be kinda nasty).

Yeah definitely flake, fillet would be weird, and yeah usually with brine (oil is a bit heavy) and I usually drain that anyway otherwise it becomes a bit oily in texture.

Oh yeah, the döner and gyro I've eaten in Germany and Greece were SO tasty!
I've only recently tried Subway and I quite liked it, even the vegetarian fake-meat thingy, whatever it's called :)

Back to the topic of fries...
Ever tried new potatoes (fried or roast)
fried-new-potatoes.jpg

roasted-new-potatoes.jpg

They are epic, even with the skins on!