Fuck The End Records (rant inside)

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Here's the email I just had to send them:

"You know, I have to say, I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in the delivery/shipping service from The End Records this time around.

Apparently, the shipping option chosen was DHL At Home, which sent my package to DHL, who then turned it over to the USPS. According to DHL, it arrived at them on 2/23 (9 days ago). It wasn't received by the USPS until 2/28 (5 days later, 4 days ago). And then apparently the USPS is listing the item as "undeliverable as addressed." It's now March 4, and I don't have an order that I placed on February 19th. To me that is unacceptable. I've been a longtime customer of The End Records and have spent $1000s with your label/distro. I've always appreciated the free s/h in the USA, but if this is the result? What's the point? I'd rather pay $5 and have my items shipped via Priority Mail direct to me.

Now I have to waste my Saturday trying to track down this package, and that's simply not what I wanted to do when I originally made this order.

Sure enough, I called the USPS 800 tracking # that DHL insisted I had to do, and their shitty automated service told me: "Delivery tracking information is not available for this item. Please contact the sender for more details."

And that brings us up to date. I'd like a full reimbursement of my money please, and I don't care about the albums anymore. I'll buy them from someone else.

Let me know when this will be taken care of. Thank you.
-Mark"

I'm just so tired of everyone loving them and no one bringing up their very real s/h issues. Sure they've sometimes managed to get things to me in 1 week, but I feel like those days are long gone.

Tons of much much smaller distros charge less and provide exemplary (sp?) service with regularity. It's shameful that The End no longer does, since I used to consider them the leader.

lizard said:
Maybe I'm just confused but how is this the end's fault?

a) they chose this asinine shipping option when they could just have sent the 3 fucking CDs First Class for less than $3, direct to me
b) they addressed the package, which DHL and then the USPS said is "undeliverable as addressed"

but moreso 'a' than 'b'

im sure they would have been willing to ship it with an alternate shipping method if you had told them that's what you wanted

just sayin'

interesting. wasnt someone also recently c/o broken jewel cases?

the two times i used them i received my stuff in a relatively short time frame and very nicely packaged. sorry youre having trouble with them. contacting them is the right thing to do. although you might want to try a phone call (which im sure youve thought of, being in sales and all that). good luck

dorian gray said:
interesting. wasnt someone also recently c/o broken jewel cases?

the two times i used them i received my stuff in a relatively short time frame and very nicely packaged. sorry youre having trouble with them. contacting them is the right thing to do. although you might want to try a phone call (which im sure youve thought of, being in sales and all that). good luck

(nothing to do with sales) I email them first and give them 1-2 days (this being the weekend and all) to research and get back to me. I will call by Tuesday if this isn't resolved.

jimbobhickville said:
I get my orders from them in 2 days. But I'm only an hour's drive away, so that's no surprise. They're really good about refunds, though, so you'll get your money back. A cd I ordered from them back when they were still in CA never arrived, and they sent a replacement, no questions asked.

I hope so. I'm mostly just irritated at a seemingly unnecessary means of shipping.