Fuck The End Records (rant inside)

MadeInNewJersey said:
Sure enough, I called the USPS 800 tracking # that DHL insisted I had to do, and their shitty automated service told me: "Delivery tracking information is not available for this item. Please contact the sender for more details."

And that brings us up to date. I'd like a full reimbursement of my money please, and I don't care about the albums anymore. I'll buy them from someone else.

Let me know when this will be taken care of. Thank you.
-Mark"

this basically reflects how I feel

MadeInNewJersey said:
I just want my money refunded, and it's been 24+ hours since I made this very clear, simple request. They're not doing much to preserve what little business I still gave them, I'll tell you that much.
They are often a little slow responding to customer service requests... 1 to 2 days. I'd be surprised if they do´'t do the right thing. Keep us posted.

Zod

I most certainly will. I'm also being extremely polite with them; one super-shitty experience isn't going to ruin 4 years worth of quality.

The reason I don't plan on using them much anymore, if at all, is a combination of a) their prices, b) my changing tastes, and c) my ability to get the stuff I'm typically looking for elsewhere quicker & cheaper, that's all.

Dead_Lioness said:
You know what I hate about The End records?
the fact that sometimes I order 20-30 cds from them
and they won't even cut me a deal.
Thats unheard of.

Darlin', I don't know what you're mostly into, but you can get 20-30 CDs a LOT cheaper (like, $2-3/CD) from many other vendors

MadeInNewJersey said:
Darlin', I don't know what you're mostly into, but you can get 20-30 CDs a LOT cheaper (like, $2-3/CD) from many other vendors

I know that.... duh.
which is why I never order from the End anymore...
But in general... a lable that doesn't cut you a deal on a large quatity
doesn't know how to do business.

with that being said, I always love to order from the Lables directly too.

depends, I never order from Century Media, Metal Blade or Nuclear Blast either; they all suck

I like the small underground labels/distros - those guys work hard to get your business and it shows

MadeInNewJersey said:
depends, I never order from Century Media, Metal Blade or Nuclear Blast either; they all suck

I like the small underground labels/distros - those guys work hard to get your business and it shows

oh, totally, thats what I meant when I said "directly from the lable"
I wasn't even reffering to NB or CM...
I agree with you.
I love small lables.

A lot of people buy the CD, rip it to MP3, and put the CD back on the shelf forever and a day. So why not just download it and send $5 to the artist direct?

I think artists should start "donation" acceptance via their website, knowing full well people are downloading now anyway.

Or perhaps we're on the verge of buying all music online anyway, and one day artists will sell direct without the need for iTunes or Napster etc.

If "underground" labels aren't sponsoring tours etc, their days could be numbered. Just look at how quickly myspace has taken off with regards to band publicity etc.

The times they are a changin'.

JayKeeley said:
A lot of people buy the CD, rip it to MP3, and put the CD back on the shelf forever and a day.
i do exactly that!

JayKeeley said:
So why not just download it and send $5 to the artist direct?
because i have no interest in supporting artists, only labels

labels are legitimate businesses, artists are artists. businesses do business, artists make art.

JayKeeley said:
A lot of people buy the CD, rip it to MP3, and put the CD back on the shelf forever and a day. So why not just download it and send $5 to the artist direct?

I think artists should start "donation" acceptance via their website, knowing full well people are downloading now anyway.

Or perhaps we're on the verge of buying all music online anyway, and one day artists will sell direct without the need for iTunes or Napster etc.

If "underground" labels aren't sponsoring tours etc, their days could be numbered. Just look at how quickly myspace has taken off with regards to band publicity etc.

The times they are a changin'.

That idea sounds great in theory, but awful in practicality. If no one buys albums from labels or distros, then bands don't get signed, and you have a shitton of disorganized, half-ass attempts at getting music out for people to hear & buy.

I know, I know, why buy something from Best Buy for $14 when you could buy it at The End for $13. Because when you buy those types of shits from large corporations like Best Buy, everyone benefits in the long run: they realize there is a market for this type of music, and distribution and availability of previously difficult-to-find music becomes less so.

Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to buy the latest Gojira CD at Best Buy?

oh will he now? i really hate all this fucking not-so-well-thought-out anti label sentiment that's becoming trendy lately.

i as an artist do NOT WANT DO HAVE TO DEAL WITH:

1) PRESSING CD'S
2) DISTRIBUTING CD'S
3) MARKETING CD'S
4) BUYING BUBBLE WRAP
5) BUYING STAMPS
6) BUYING ENVELOPES
7) PUTTING 1000'S OF CD'S IN JEWEL CASES AND INSERTING THE STUPID LITTLE FUCKING TRAY INLAY
8) SENDING MONEY
9) RECEIVING MONEY
10) EXCHANGING MONEY TO A CURRENCY I CAN USE
11) BEING DENIED THE EXCHANGE BECAUSE THE BILLS WERE RIPPED AND DIRTY OR INVALID
12) HAVING TO PAY SHITTY TAXES BECAUSE I'M RUNNING MY BAND AS A BUSINESS
13) DEALING WITH WHINING "CUSTOMERS" THAT DIDN'T RECEIVE THEIR SHIT
14) BOOKING SHOWS AND TOURS
15) do you want me to go on?

artists write music. labels release it. labels are not evil, they fulfill a VERY REAL and VERY IMPORTANT PURPOSE, and should get PAID for it. the ARTIST does in 99% of the cases not want to deal with shitty, boring logistics and technicalities, the artist wants to make art.

Who's talking about pressing CDs and sending bubble wrap envelopes etc?

I'm talking about buying music on-line for the same reason people just rip their CDs anyway.

Wow, people are quite highly strung around these parts aren't they? :lol:

JayKeeley said:
Who's talking about pressing CDs and sending bubble wrap envelopes etc?

I'm talking about buying music on-line for the same reason people just rip their CDs anyway.

Wow, people are quite highly strung around these parts aren't they? :lol:
no, you're saying cut out the middleman, give money to the artist directly, noone needs a label, BLAH BLAH.

what do you think will be the consequences if everyone would do that (download an album, send $5 to the artist)? every label, the labels that WORKED FUCKING HARD to bring the albums to you (and subsequently, you basically tell them that they're doing nothing important and that only the artist deserves money -- yeah great fucking work, i'm sure the artist getting a fiver to buy beer helps a whole fucking boatload with the LABEL recouping the STUDIO COSTS and other shit they invested into the release), would go out of business, and soon enough every artist would have to become a fucking businessman! hoo-fucking-ray! i hate this new fucking mp3 centered shit world.

BUY YOUR ALBUMS - SUPPORT GOOD LABELS - SHUT UP!