Fuck The End Records (rant inside)

haha yeah talk to them like you would someone on RC. see what kind of response you get

UPDATE, the reply email from TER:

"Mark, We do appreciate your business. I am sorry for the wait on your
package. You can request in your comment section of your orders to have it sent USPS not DHL and we will do so. As for DHL it is a slower shipping service but you must understand in order for us to offer free shipping they are the most affordable for us to soak up free shipping cost. We have also been very busy here and between Dave and I being the only one's who do the mailorder it can sometimes be overwhelming and we are doing our best to get you your orders as quick as possible. I hope you will still order from us and please feel free to write in the comments section USPS not DHL. Thank You for your time."

Can someone tell me if my original question and request was answered here?

I don't think it was. I.E. I still don't know where the CDs are or if I've been issued a refund. :Smug:

My reply:

"Ok, like I said, I have and do appreciate this. I'm aware that the End is a DIY place with only a few people. I've met many of you on several occasions, Andreas included.

For the record, the "shipping section" of your website lists "FREE" as being sent First Class/Priority Mail. I have always and still do go by that, so I was 100% unaware I had to request to not use DHL.

But more importantly, what is the outcome of this particular order? I didn't see that answer in your reply to me.
-Mark"

I've never used the free shipping option because I've heard of things like this happening. Over the couple of years I've been buying from them, I've always chosen UPS shipping and I usually make large orders to soak up the shipping cost so it is irrelevant. It would suck to pay 3-5 $ to have one CD sent, so I always order 6-8 and it has always worked out well for me. I always get my albums from them in about 2 and a half days and they have never botched an order or sent me a broken product. They are probably my favorite distro for their sheer selection, though I appreciate how Red Stream ALWAYS ships free and has a lot of hard to find stuff, even if you have to catch it quickly before it's gone forever. I don't know how they can afford to do what they do, but they're pretty amazing too.

Anyway, I know a lot of people have had problems with The End at one point or another, but I think the slow shipping speeds etc. always stem from using free shipping. Not that it should be an excuse as any shipping service should be reasonably prompt, but I'm just saying that I've never had a problem with paying an extra few bucks to avoid this kind of thing. DHL FUCKING SUCKS by the way though and when a couple of my orders were sent through them it took A LOT longer and I made sure to request that that company stay out of my fucking affairs forever after that aka send my stuff UPS.

i dont order from them as much as i used to.

red stream, regimental, deathgasm, evil music, majestic darkness>>>>The End

OK so they admit DHL is slower, but they use it to "soak up the free shipping cost". However, if you want USPS, you to be explicit in the comments section (news to me).

So by default, even if you order 1 CD, it still goes DHL?? Nate has been waiting a week for his Amorphis....

Seems like the workaround is just to remember to mention "USPS only" in the shipping comments section. I'm not even sure if I'll ever remember to do this. :erk:

It's worth noting that they have now NOT GOTTEN BACK TO ME with an answer as to the status of either my order or my refund.

I can no longer do anything on my end; it's up to the shipper to rectify this. And yes, I realize it's Sunday, but they had no problem processing my order and charging me on a Sunday, so...

Ah shit. I thought they only used DHL for East Coast multi-disc orders or something. DHL doesn't even deliver within 2 hours of where I live. Now I have no idea when this CD will get here.

MadeInNewJersey said:
That's just it, I chose the "free" s/h option, which is listed on their website as Priority Mail in the USA.
I always select the 'Free Shipping' option and my CDs always arrive in between 2 and 5 days. Have you had problems with them previously?

Zod

i think everyone i know who's ordered from moribund has had problems with their order

the end is GREAT for Canadian shipping... I just paid $2 s/h for 4 cds!

MadeInNewJersey said:
It's worth noting that they have now NOT GOTTEN BACK TO ME with an answer as to the status of either my order or my refund.

I can no longer do anything on my end; it's up to the shipper to rectify this. And yes, I realize it's Sunday, but they had no problem processing my order and charging me on a Sunday, so...

Yeah I dunno -- I would give them until Monday to resolve this because to be fair, the fact that you were charged on a sunday might just be the way their systems are set up (i.e. automated).

They might need approvals for refunds and whoever approves refunds wasn't there when they got your e-mail.

[/optimist]

General Zod said:
I always select the 'Free Shipping' option and my CDs always arrive in between 2 and 5 days. Have you had problems with them previously?

Zod

Do your CDs arrive DHL? Are you in Mexico right now?! Do you realize it snowed here?!!!

Also on the few orders TER has screwed up they've always been extremely quick and nice in fixing the problem. As much as I love Redstream, they aren't as good at fixing their fuckups. I can't remember exactly what happened but after not receiving an order for about a month or more I emailed them about it and they forced me to wait another month to see if it was just taking a long time in the mail. Then they wanted me to check with my post office and do other shit for them before they would agree to ship it again. It was horribly handled. But that was only once and I think it was during their move to Florida. They almost never screw up my orders.

Thanatopsis123 said:
Now while I've had extremely few problems with my hundreds of TER orders, I've almost always had a problem with moribund orders.

I've only ordered from Moribund twice, so I certainly don't have the same volume of orders to gauge them against, but both orders were fulfilled & delivered within 5 business days.

@Zod: I've had a couple of minor shipping delays with TER in the past, but nothing like this. I believe their switch to DHL-At-Home delivery is a recent development, and their website doesn't reflect it.

BUSH LEAGUE.

I just want my money refunded, and it's been 24+ hours since I made this very clear, simple request. They're not doing much to preserve what little business I still gave them, I'll tell you that much.