fuck, this can't be real

Necromunchkin said:
I'm finding myself hoping this is a big fucking joke because this is NOT cool at all. Please don't let Lizard be dead.

Pyrus said:
Fuck.

Just...fucking...I'd like to say it's another clever fucking ploy, but man, I can't see even Lizard going this far. I don't know.

Jesus fuck. I'm stunned.

I hear you both.

Even if we didn't always see things eye-to-eye, I'll miss the guy. Certainly one of the funniest and nicest guys around here. I'm ashamed I never got to know him better.

RIP Rick, Lizard, A_Hilter, Half_Ton_Man, and whoever else he was and is.

I don't know - maybe just a big fucking card mailed all over the country. I'm not very good at sentiment, but this stuff means something to some people. Do we know how well his family will be getting on without him?

If nothing else, I'm posting my condolences in the obituary guestbook.

I hope the fucking US government will take care of the family of one of their employees at least. I'd gladly sign any card. I won't claim to know him beyond him being one of the coolest persons online ever. But sometimes, that's more than anything.

Lizard always talked about his family a great deal. One can only imagine the heartbreak they are enduring. This forum will never be the same. :(

I'm up for any kind gesture you fellow RC'ers would like to do.

Necromunchkin said:
He's the sort of person you never believe is real because he's far too nice for this shithole of a world. Well said, RiA

Bro, I could go on with the most far out rant that is in direct conflict with Lizard's ideals, and he would just take it in stride, laugh it off, and make me seem foolish for doing so. He was seriously a class act. A person who made you wish that a friendship could be forged outside of this box in which we stare. This is such a horrific tragedy to all who have shared a laugh at the hands of his superior wit, and to those who are reflecting on times that had gone unappreciated, but now cherished.

Pyrus said:
Does anyone have his address from a package exchange?

I'm pretty sure Maren, Cara, or Adrian would have this info.

He really was one of those people who realized that the Internet, for all our posturing, isn't just a place to make other people suffer for your amusement (though he was pretty good at that, too.) I can look at my bookshelf and see a good half-dozen books he recommended; I can look through my music and see more than a handful of albums he suggested to me.

More than that, he was one of the people who realized the power of places like this when it comes to connecting with other people and sharing knowledge and ideas. I can't think of many people I've "met" who could match his ability to entertain you with one hand and open your eyes with the other. He was really a class act.

I'm listening to Candlemass and finishing up a rum-and-orange-juice, and this drink's for Lizard. Cheers, man. You made a difference.

I don't even know what to say. During my tenure at RC, he was one of my favorite posters, and I am sad to stop in here, only to see this. My heartfelt best wishes go to his family and friends. Does anyone know what happened?

Life is so fuckin short guys, and on that note, I hope all is well with ALL of you.

Not to detract from the loss of lizard, but does anyone know where NAD went off to? It says his last activity was August 31st.

I never conversed with him since I've been a member of RC/UM. But he always came off as a great bloke. Very sad news, I wish his family well and offer my condolences. RIP

R.I.P.
I didn't know him personally, but I recognize him as one of RC:s regulars and most liked members.

I never met Liz IRL or anything... but he was truly one of the person I respected the most, I'm really shocked by this news. RIP Liz :(

Holy shit, Lizard was one of the nicest people I've ever dealt with in even the smallest way. Just extremely down-to-earth and an all around good dude; we needed more people like him but now we're left with one less. This is just incredibly fucking sad.

Anything you guys want to do, I'm on board.

I really wish I'd got to know the guy better now! I'm not even sure the last time we exchanged words on here.

Damn, well, I'm with Pyrus! If anything is being done for his family I'd like to contribute!

RIP :kickass: