fuck, this can't be real

Demonspell said:
I'll have to blast some Nevermore (like I need another excuse to...lol), he was a regular on their forum and they also have a memorial thread up...along with KD and some of the post-rock bands he liked...

Wow, I didn't realize he was a fan of theirs - I'll cue that up anyday of the week, but today I will visit Dreaming Neon Black.

I recall he was the one saying that if one of us died, no one would ever know shit about it. I'm thinking it would maybe have been better if he'd been right about that... or maybe not, in any case he certainly was one hell of a great e-dude in every respect I can think of.

RIP Du verdammter Blutwurst-Bandit :(

dill_the_devil said:
If we get anything together to send to his family, count me in.

oh man, no way ... that obituary says he was 48. I really hope this is not him. He was no way that old!

please don't let this be true ... i am totally shaking right now.

lurch70 said:
oh man, no way ... that obituary says he was 48. I really hope this is not him. He was no way that old!

He wasn't that old.

WHat the fuck is this, some kind of hoax? I need to investigate this.

Lizard was NOT 48.

JayKeeley said:
He wasn't that old.

WHat the fuck is this, some kind of hoax? I need to investigate this.

Lizard was NOT 48.
if what you say is true well this is beyond weird. Wtf?

Hmm, well it does check out with Evans Funeral Home....but the only thing that really made me suspicious was the age thing. When we went through everyone's ages on this board, it was Zod who was oldest (at 37).

I guess Lizard never admitted his true age? I think one of us would have realized if he was approaching his 50's.

His kid was young too -- I mean, really young (less than 5).

Wow, I'm actually in disbelief right now. It all seems too weird to be true.

This is terrible indeed :( - I always bust balls of people who have multiple accounts but he was one guy I didn't bother because he was so funny and super likable. Seemed like a truly genuine caring guy.

I left a message with whom I think is his brother and will find out if there's any fund set up or if his family is in need of anything. I think we would be able to gather up some donations if so from everyone here. :(

MetalAges said:
This is terrible indeed :( - I always bust balls of people who have multiple accounts but he was one guy I didn't bother because he was so funny and super likable. Seemed like a truly genuine caring guy.

I left a message with whom I think is his brother and will find out if there's any fund set up or if his family is in need of anything. I think we would be able to gather up some donations if so from everyone here. :(

Deron -- perhaps on behalf of Ultimate Metal (as opposed to just RC) we can send some paypal donations to a central account (the UM paypal perhaps?) and you can organize some flowers to be sent.

Or since it's been 3 weeks already, perhaps just send a donation to his family since I'm sure they could do with the money more than flowers.

JayKeeley said:
Deron -- perhaps on behalf of Ultimate Metal (as opposed to just RC) we can send some paypal donations to a central account (the UM paypal perhaps?) and you can organize some flowers to be sent.

I was also thinking perhaps we could set up a UM-wide condolensces thread where everyone could post their messages for his family and we could try and pass them on.

After starting my program at the University (mortuary science), I'm really beginning to see prevelant death is. I think my eyes weren't open to it before. I'm really beginning to see it a lot in even my personal life.

It's... ehh, kind of depressing. this really makes me hammer in the "your life is ending one day at a time" fight club mindset for myself.

Good luck Richard. Wherever you may be.

Russell said:
I was also thinking perhaps we could set up a UM-wide condolensces thread where everyone could post their messages for his family and we could try and pass them on.

That's what I was thinking as well. Was hoping to hear back from his brother to further confirm things and so we could announce a collection at the same time.

I emailed NAD as i was worried about his ass as well, big puss that I am ... his response ...

Oh man, does anyone know what happened?

I'm on vacation right now (Blackberry emailing) but I'll be back later this week, so I'll return to the forum then. I was taking a break from RC because I was spending too much time there and my job was suffering as a result, whoops. Give everyone a great big pink hug from me.

This is awful news, but thank you for letting me know. He will be greatly missed! :(