fuck, this can't be real

I recently subscribed to RC so I don't know who was lizard, except for some of his posts. I've started to read the forum in order to copy some of the best jokes and sentences which could help me to improve my english. I think I've laughed more than I have learnt english while reading all those posts, including his own jokes.
So, RIP lizard... :(

this is totally fucking with me as well ... this whole 48 years old thing is strange though ...
there is no way he was 48, at least I don't think so ... unless its a missprint on the funeral home webpage ...
it does not seem like Lizard to lie about this.

Sometimes people will surprise you, but yeah, 48 does sound a little old for him. My mom is 48. WTF. I've even found my eyes tearing up a couple of times today, and I don't even know if I've ever talked directly to Rick.

I hope there's something we can do to help out his family or at least make it known that we appreciated his company around here!

Yeah, I was suspicious looking through the obituary guestbook, but everything seems to match up with his profile on UM...I didn't know he lived in so many different places. I wish I'd come here sooner and gotten to know him better.

Does anyone have a decent picture of him so those of us who didn't really know him personally can have a face to attach to the name?

Is that a weird thing to ask?

Demilich said:
Does anyone have a decent picture of him so those of us who didn't really know him personally can have a face to attach to the name?

Is that a weird thing to ask?

I think this one was always my favorite ...

14960982_l.jpg

I (of course) kept up with this thread today, and see the posts about people tearing up or really feeling sad about Lizard....

A lot of people on here will still stand firm that "it's just the Internet dude get over it!" when it comes to communities like this, but, it's guys like Lizard who show that friends are made on here, whether you fully know someone or not. Some people live by that "it's the net" mantra but there are a lot others, some whom probably don't even realize it (or didn't until now), that meet good friends here. Some of us also that get touched by someone (good and bad) without even realizing it.

I'm glad Lizard was such an awesome person, both on and off this Interweb thing, that people are touched by who he was and how he interacted with people. \m/

EDIT: His birthdate within UM shows are August 28, but he declined to put the year. Maybe he didn't want to get tagged as "some old dude" and just wanted his personality to speak for itself.

lurch70 said:
this is totally fucking with me as well ... this whole 48 years old thing is strange though ...
there is no way he was 48, at least I don't think so ... unless its a missprint on the funeral home webpage ...
it does not seem like Lizard to lie about this.

I text messaged NAD, just because the two of them were like partners in crime here, and NAD also agreed about the age discrepancy. He thought lizard was in his 30's.

I guess that's the internet for you.

MajestikMøøse said:

See, this would tell me he was 24 when his wife conceived and I *thought* I was convinced that Noah was about 5 years old.

Haddsie and I were talking about his stories from a few years back about his kid being in diapers. One story we remember just because it was so funny: lizard's wife trimmed his beard and then sprinked the hair into Noah's diaper to pretend he'd grown pubes.

This was all just a few years back.

RIP lizard, I hope you passed away peacefully.

Goddammit, I've been thinking about this all day. Lizard genuinely was one of the main reasons I post here. Fuck, he was the wise old wizard of this board, and we'll have to continue without him.

(concerning his age, I always assumed he was in his 40s or 50s... he talked like he grew up in the 60s or something)

i'm really fucking saddenned by this. Lizard was a genuinly likeable person
you can't fake a personality like that for so long
when I'm here I always opened his threads to be informed , amused or genuinly cheered up
in the couple of years I've been wandering in here I've had a fair bit of banter with the lad

fuck..:cry: