fuck, this can't be real

NP: Janis Joplin w/ Big Brother & the Holding Company - Live at Winterland 1968

Lizard sent this to me about a year ago for no reason other than I mentioned something about liking Jefferson Airplane, and it rules. As trivial as it seems, it's the only thing I can come up with right now.

The last I remember he was saying that his wife was flying out somewhere and that he was going to try to have a good time. I suspected he was still just busy having fun away from RC but every couple days I wondered where he was. I only ever sent the guy a couple PMs but he was one of my favorite posters around here.

What was the cause of death? Did I just miss it in the obituary? He was still pretty young yet I thought.

I still have my fingers crossed that any second now he's going to post a big ":lol:" right in this thread. :(

:cry:

The only time I talked with Lizard on a one-on-one basis was when I asked him for Erik's address so I could send him all those Cradle of Filth, Vanilla Ice, and Shaq CDs to review for the defunct Royal Carnage webzine.

Absolutely terrible news, I'm more or less speechless right now. Possibly the most hilarious RC poster (who can forget evergreen classics such as his NSBM project) and probably the kindest too (sending out all those packages with beef jerky to his two Swedish sons). He will be missed. Participating in other threads and acting as if all is well seems pretty pointless to me now.

RIP indeed.
Certainly makes you wonder, I doubt anyone could have imagined RC without Lizard...
Never really talked to him personally, but he never failed to put a smile on my face as I surfed the forums. Certainly won't be posting in any other threads for some time, Henrik is right, it just seems pointless.

I too had never had more than a couple of conversations with Lizard, but after consistently seeing his posts around UM for the last four years I have developed a great respect for him. This is horrible news; UM won't be the same without him, so I can't even begin to contemplate the void this must have left to those close to him right now. My thoughts are with them. RIP.

Oh my, this is terrible news... RIP:( I didn't really know the guy, but he was hilarious and a great guy:cry:

I noticed the thing Erik said though, I had no clue he was 48?

Uhhhmmmmmm......what?! At first I thought this was a hoax (and it still could be) but it's difficult to fake an obit in a local newspaper.

@Thanatopsisiosoiss: Yeah, me too - last thing I remember was him saying his wife was flying out of town and he was sad about it.

I just hope he didn't die doing something stupid while he was having fun without his family there.

Wow... it's almost a little wierd how upset I am by this. I never met lizard, never had an actual conversation with him, never even traded e-mails or PMs with him. Yet, I'm sad. The internet truly is a strange beast.

Does anyone know who some of his favorite bands were? I'd like to play some of them today in his honor.

Zod

One less Kayo Dot fan... shit

I'm pretty fucking upset about this. I'm going to listen to those Monty Python CDs he sent me...

I had promised him a package some months ago. Now I feel like shit, cause it just shows that we should not report things. If I can participate in anything, I will.

RIP Lizard.

General Zod said:
Wow... it's almost a little wierd how upset I am by this. I never met lizard, never had an actual conversation with him, never even traded e-mails or PMs with him. Yet, I'm sad. The internet truly is a strange beast.

Not only was his genuine personality infectious, but he was also one of ours, a prominent member of our little community, one that most of us regulars are pretty proud of. He was also a rare breed, as insightful as he was satirical. His contributions helped make this community what it is - and in a positive way.

Listening to "Marathon" by Kayo Dot right now. The mood is very appropriate.