fuck, this can't be real

I don't remember what the character was like at all, but I totally get that lizard was NOT a dirty burnout aged hippie... at least not entirely fitting of the stereotype!

What strange events. I've been speechless since reading about this, and even now I don't know what to say. He was a champion of humour and all-round kindness. He'll unquestionably be missed by all. RIP Lizard.

Lizard once told me he was in his mid-30s. And for some reason, I was certain his son was around 5 but he was just at COSI recently and you have to be a bit older to enjoy that - maybe 10 or so. He was also in gifted classes, and 5 year olds usually arent old enough to be in something like that. But, everything else pretty much checks out so I no longer doubt this. Next time I'm in Ohio, I might look his family up. Although that would be about as creepy as it gets, I think.

edit: howdy, Nick

I'm not sure what to say really. I spoke with him here on the forum only a few times but i agree with what everyone else has said about him. It's a shame when a good person dies. Especially when the world really needs more of them.

Just a question I'm sure someone has already thought of: how did someone on the internet (the KD board apparently) discover that Rick was dead? Some chick on there just posts a link to his obit. Assuming she didn't know Rick personally, how would she, or anyone, find an obit on an online version of a newspaper for someone they've never met? It's not like we were notified by his wife or someone that lived nearby. Smells fishy.

Normally when someone dies, all their faults and the shitty things they've done get glossed over in favour of a false description of how great they were in life (I heard a stellar example of this a couple of months ago at Amy's dad's funeral) but something tells me that isn't really the case with lizard!

I think that's Mia from Kayo Dot; they seemed to be pretty close at least internet-wise, and he helped them set up at a show once.

^yeah, Dem, that's a classic. It's never, "Bob was a rapist and a child abuser. Let's beat his corpse."

Mormagil said:
I think that's Mia from Kayo Dot; they seemed to be pretty close at least internet-wise, and he helped them set up at a show once.
I'm sure that's possible. But, why would you look for a death notice on someone who stopped posting on an internet forum? "Hmm, I'm glad I just saw a post from Nick, I was about to try and find out if maybe he died." Kinda wierd if you ask me.

I hardly post here anymore, nor did I know much about the guy or converse with him online, but I felt the need to offer my condolences. RIP man.

Crackfare said:
im sorry for being an ass in this hard time, but who is this Rick/Lizard?

like someone on the Nevermore thread already said ... "One of us"

Demilich said:
Does anyone have a decent picture of him so those of us who didn't really know him personally can have a face to attach to the name?

Is that a weird thing to ask?

This pic is Kriegl!!!
163592985_l.jpg
:kickass:

Anyone have that picture of his NSBM band thing? That was hilarious.

And one thing I always got a kick out of that lizard did was when he'd see an argument and post something right in the middle of it to change the subject in an attempt to end it. I don't know if any of you ever noticed that but I always found it funny because it's just like my Grandmom.