Fucking Ouch!!!

TheWinterSnow

Den Mørke Natt
Oct 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
So I was working on drilling a loadbox, something wasn't right with my drill press and it caught the box and started spinning around, wacked the fuck out of my wrist and shattered the aluminum box.

Wrist is swollen as fuck, may have bruised or cracked the bone. I have an old break in the area and it definitely irritated the fuck out of it. Now its time for pain killers and booze, that scared the living shit out of me.

Just had to share, feel like I need to vent it as it has me a bit shaken up.

if your wrist is broken, go to the doc, happend to a friend of mine while he was on vacation a few years
ago, he wasn't able to move his hand anymore later, it fucked up in the healing process, glad he lived
in Germany back than and was able to go the hospital here (they had to break the bone again and so on,
3 surgeries)-don't fuck around with your wrists, broke mine, too when I was 12, gladly not that bad so
but stuff like this isn't fun at all.

Its definitely not broke but it still hurts like a bitch. I have broken four bones among other injuries as well so I know the whole routine.

Clamp that shit down, man!!!

With the location on the enclosure and the size clamp required, it is not possible. I am going to try a uni-bit, maybe if it is short enough I can get a clamp in there, if not, it would still be more gradual size up than going from the pilot hole to a 3/16" hole and single flute bits are made to not catch on metals.

Can't get a C-clamp on it I guess? I've had some heavy shit break lose on me before but never got injured. Usually likes to catch right as you're about to puncture through the exit-side, IME.

Either way, that sucks. Injuries happen even when you are being super careful. *knocks on wood* Haven't gotten seriously hurt in a while.

It requires a large C-Clamp to drill the box on its side and because the bit and box are so long, the table doesn't have enough room to get the clamp in before tightening it.

I know of the bit catching right before exit, I lube/oil the surface and the bit during drilling and I am very soft on the drill pressure. I have been able to lightly hold it in my hand and the bit will go through like butter. This one I was holding with a death grip because as soon as the drill touched the box it was shaking, vibrating and making a loud noise and was just acting violent. Not the first box I have drilled so this is all entirely new. The only thing I had different was the speed which I had up slightly to craftsman's recommended speed. Apparently their speed chart it inaccurate.

Regardless like I said before I am going to a single flute uni-bit, will remove possibilities of that shit from happening again.

Dam man good u didnt accidentally drill ur other hand! Well it looks like u sure know what to do in these situations since u got injured several times before but take some anti inflammatory if u can aling with some protection for ur stomach if u have a sensitive one; should help