Full Album sets by bands

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
what albums would you like to hear live by a band who is still around and still playing that would be cool to see at a future Ragnarokkr....be realistic. I think this type of thing would be a big draw. Nothing worse finally getting to see a band you have waited forever to see but to see them doing a terrible set list. For me, festivals seem the place to play your hits or fan faves since you will be exposed to more new fans.....

start listing...

some of mine would be

Twisted Tower Dire - Make It Dark ( even though it is a new album it is one of my favorites from last year. great from start to finish)

Omen - Battle Cry

Slough Feg - Traveler

I know it's already been done at another festival, but if they were able to get Grave Digger, I would be so floored if they did Tunes of War. One of my favorite albums period.

I too would love to see GRAVE DIGGER........

Here are some quick ones that come to mind:

Omen - Battle Cry
Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
Trouble - Psalm 9
Fates Warning - No Exit
VoiVod - Dimension Hatross
Circle II Circle - The Wake of Magellan
Jon Oliva's Pain - The Hall of the Mountain King
Helstar - Nosferatu
Sanctuary - Into The Mirror Black (ooooh, controversy!!!! yes, NOT Refuge Denied. Suck it!)
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (only on list since they never performed an official farewell)
Macabre - Dahmer
Slough Feg - Down Among The Deadmen (Traveller would be my 2nd Choice, to go along with Bob's)
Saint Vitus - Born Too Late
Riot - Immortal Soul (Would be a great tribute to Reale)
Seven Witches - Passage To The Other Side (only if you could get Rivera to front)
The Gates of Slumber - Conqueror
Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare (Been a while since they did a gig)

jason....wouldnt Macabre be something that doesnt fit with the fest that you were so up in arms about when I suggested Acid Witch or Bones?

Sure, to a certain degree.

But MACABRE is huge in the Joliet area, and DAHMER is a genre defining album. Exceptions can always be made! Also, MACABRE would do things draw-wise for the fest that few other midwest DM bands could.

Anyhow, I just find DAHMER to be a flawless album that would be a blast to hear live in its entirety.

Omen - Battle Cry
Trouble - Psalm 9
Fates Warning - No Exit
Helstar - Nosferatu
Sanctuary - Into The Mirror Black (ooooh, controversy!!!! yes, NOT Refuge Denied. Suck it!)
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (only on list since they never performed an official farewell)
Macabre - Dahmer
Slough Feg - Down Among The Deadmen (Traveller would be my 2nd Choice, to go along with Bob's)
Seven Witches - Passage To The Other Side (only if you could get Rivera to front)

I knew you'd chime in with those particular albums for Trouble and Manilla Road. I do agree that Into the Mirror Black is Sanctuary's best album, but I don't get the point of doing that since when they play, they virtually play their whole catalog anyways.

At a festival like this, I wouldn't want to see any full album sets unless the band has written an album with nothing but songs about metal.

So yeah, Skull Fist can play either of their albums start to finish!

Omen - Battle Cry
Trouble - Psalm 9
Fates Warning - No Exit
Helstar - Nosferatu
Macabre - Dahmer

OK, Helstar doing Nosferatu would rule. I'd be pissed though if the one time I got to see Riot they only played the new album.

Who says that the full length album would be the ONLY songs in the set? :)

When I saw King Diamond on the THEM tour, he started the set with SIDE A of the album, then did a whole bunch of FATAL PORTRAIT, ABIGAIL and MF tunes, then finished with SIDE B.

That show was about as good as it gets.

What??????????????????????????????????????

THE SKULL is NOT a fan fav of TROUBLE?????

Maybe you should see a TROUBLE show and see how the crowd reacts before making such statements.

Most bands only have one album I like, so playing a whole album live would be great if it's the right album. I'd like to see:

Omen - Battle Cry
Manilla Road - Crystal Logic (Open the Gates would be cool too)
Manowar - Kings of Metal (or any of the first seven)
Adramelch - Irae Melanox
Coroner - No More Color
Falconer - Falconer
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath

I'm sure most of those are not realistic.