Full song MP3 available!

Guys I can tell you this much....any of you over in Europe who strongly wish to see us play there, please don't hesitate to write and voice your wishes, not only to us here at this forum, but to The End Records as well, and if there are forums or emails available for these Euro fests to voice your opinions, please make mention of us there too! There's alot of competition to get on these fests from bands all around the world, and it's not easy. If you make your voice heard and you request our presence often enough, it could possibly help our chances of being booked on these shows!! If the promoters and label people get enough requests for us to come play, it just might happen. We could use all the support we can get.

Am I the only person that thinks this new song is missing something? I don't hate it or anything, it's a decent song...but certainly not what I hoped for. I was concerned that once Eric Burnley left the band that they would loose that special something he brought with him in his guitar playing. I think that unfortunately has happened after hearing this new track, but I guess I'll have to hear the entire album before I make a final opinion.

At least the cover art is great.

Jerkface said:
Am I the only person that thinks this new song is missing something? I don't hate it or anything, it's a decent song...but certainly not what I hoped for. I was concerned that once Eric Burnley left the band that they would loose that special something he brought with him in his guitar playing. I think that unfortunately has happened after hearing this new track, but I guess I'll have to hear the entire album before I make a final opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion most certainly....but I hate to say, it sounds as though you're going into this with the wrong mentality. You've been expecting that we would lose something with Eric's absence, and so maybe you're looking for it? I can tell you that no matter what, if you go into listening to an album with that sort of mentality, you're going to wind up not being pleased with it. I've done it myself in the past, so I know how it goes and I'm not saying I'm above such things either.

We've always made no bones about the fact that we want to progress and change with each album. As such, it might mean that we're changing in ways that don't suit some people's tastes. That's fine, it happens. Ultimately we have to do what we feel good about playing, personally, and not just write an album full of "Torn" and "Dark Fields For Brilliance" just because it's what other people are comfortable hearing from us.

And, for the record, it might interest you to know that a majority of the keyboards on this album (including the keys heard on this track) were performed by and created by none other than Eric Burnley! There's no guitar playing from him on this album, though. But his input is still there, and he likes our new songs, so nyah!!! haha:tickled:

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
You're entitled to your opinion most certainly....but I hate to say, it sounds as though you're going into this with the wrong mentality. You've been expecting that we would lose something with Eric's absence, and so maybe you're looking for it? I can tell you that no matter what, if you go into listening to an album with that sort of mentality, you're going to wind up not being pleased with it. I've done it myself in the past, so I know how it goes and I'm not saying I'm above such things either.

We've always made no bones about the fact that we want to progress and change with each album. As such, it might mean that we're changing in ways that don't suit some people's tastes. That's fine, it happens. Ultimately we have to do what we feel good about playing, personally, and not just write an album full of "Torn" and "Dark Fields For Brilliance" just because it's what other people are comfortable hearing from us.

And, for the record, it might interest you to know that a majority of the keyboards on this album (including the keys heard on this track) were performed by and created by none other than Eric Burnley! There's no guitar playing from him on this album, though. But his input is still there, and he likes our new songs, so nyah!!! haha:tickled:

woooo. owned. :worship:

Jerkface said:

Two things on this...

My wife was one of the people who really thought she was going to miss Erics's input on the new material. After hearing it, she can honestly say she doesn't. We have evolved as a band, with new ideas. Eric helped to mold the style, and the way the music is written. The style of guitar work and the mindset as we approached writing these songs has not changed. People always seem to jump the gun when they assume things will change when a member leaves the band, all the time having no idea how much the other members input has in the songs. It's eveyones input that makes it sound like Novembers Doom. Bottom line, Eric in the band or not, Swallowed By the Moon would be on this CD as it is.

Second, just wait for the CD. I think when you hear the disc as a whole, you'll feel differently about it. This is what I hate about trying to release one song early to try to represent the band and the new material. It's impossible, because once again, no two songs are alike, and they all have a different element in them. This is a more straight forward, song. We call it a "strong B-side" song. Don't pre-judge anything, it's just music, not a cure for cancer.

Coming from a fan perspective, when I heard this album after we recorded it, I got the chills because it instantly felt like a new Novembers Doom cd. This cd has everything that Novembers Doom is about and alot more. This band has evolved into something bigger and better without losing that ND sound. This is the best ND cd to date in my opinion. I was a big fan before I joined the band and still am a big fan. So I say this from a fan's point of view instead of a band member's point of view. This cd has a very even and smooth feel to it beginning to end. Each song can stand on its own and does. Once you guys hear the whole cd instead of one song you'll understand what we're talking about. Get ready to get your asses kicked March 8th.

I think "swallowed by the moon" sounds great. It has the NDsound!
I agree with you Vito. With this song you can immediately tell it's Novembers doom.
I can't wait for 8th march!
The more agressive vocals suits Pauls voice perfect.

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
an album full of "Torn"
i can picture Paul wincing just thinking about this

and a review? no pressure there :) i'm not sure i should be the one to do it, but i probably could. i'll make sure at least someone will do it for IW. kleo perhaps?

great sounding song guys. i'll have to get it to a disc to hear on something other than crappy computer spkrs, but definitely sounds bigger than the demo version from last year. that chugging verse is HEAVY. can't wait to hear all these songs! you'll have to list the alternate song titles (ie, The Paul Hunt Deporkture) and studio pictures if you have any.

Also:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS DOODZ!
xmas_santa.gif

chupe666 said:
and a review? no pressure there :) i'm not sure i should be the one to do it, but i probably could. i'll make sure at least someone will do it for IW. kleo perhaps?

great sounding song guys. i'll have to get it to a disc to hear on something other than crappy computer spkrs, but definitely sounds bigger than the demo version from last year. that chugging verse is HEAVY. can't wait to hear all these songs! you'll have to list the alternate song titles (ie, The Paul Hunt Deporkture) and studio pictures if you have any.

Eric, I'll mail you a copy this week to hear it. And the review NEEDS to be from you! haha! Even if you hate it, I really want to hear your thoughts. Promos won't be out until late january, so you can be the first to review it. Others will have to wait, as you can't trust anyone anymore with leaking shit.

By the way, Email me your new address! Did you move yet?

zmetallica said:
after a bit more listening into it, the lyrics could be improved a bit more in some spots... don't ask for specifics just a general statement. the music is freakin amazing. i'd love to hear the rest of the album... NOW!
i personally love the lyrics... i spent a few minutes thinking about them... very nice!

Though it should be "memories are all that you'll have" :D (grammar police haha, ignore me)

Wolftribe said:
i personally love the lyrics... i spent a few minutes thinking about them... very nice!

Though it should be "memories are all that you'll have" :D (grammar police haha, ignore me)

Yeah, I tend to do that at least once on each CD. It's more about what sounds good to me at the time i'm placing the lyrics to the music. Poor excuse, but I did know this was incorrect grammar.

In Last God on The Knowing, I have one of my favorite lines I've written, and it's wrong. hahaha. "Visions of your face, makes my stomach sick" and that should be "make my stomach sick." Again, I knew it was wrong, but I liked how the "s" rolled into the next word. hahaha