Funeral Doom

MY SHAMEFUL - The Return to Nothing CD (Fdoom012)
Release date: September 25th (Firebox/Firedoom Music)

"The new album further expands My Shamefuls sound with introduction of whole new repertoire of tricks and emotions. There is nothing romantic about it, it´s all bone-crushingly-heavy DOOM without keyboards, strings or female-vocals."

German tour with Total Devastation on late September!
Further reading: http://www.myspace.com/myshameful, http://www.myshameful.com, Days Grow Darker (mp3)

Im not sure exactly the distinction between funeral doom and other doom, but I really like My Dying Bride, Agalloch, Draconian, and I heard about this band called Coffin i think theyre Japanese who are supposed to be very good death doom

Tyranny, Esoteric, Shape of Despair, Evoken, Remembrance, Doom:vs, Runemagick, Wormphlegm, Nortt, Skepticism, Funeral, Catacombs, Ataraxie, Mournful Congregation, Pantheïst, Monolithe.

Most of those should be funeral doom, and I'm sure have been already suggested. Lots of the bands suggested in this topic though, are more in the vein of doom/death, still great bands nonetheless though. :p

And Katatonia? lolwtf

yeah, i really wouldn't call MDB or funeral, funeral doom.

i see skepticism, disembowelment, evoken, loss, reclusiam, tyranny, panthiest, tourture wheel, moss and those type of bands to be funeral. generally, the tempo is 40beats per measure or slower, with brutal vocals and huge amounts of reverb drentched chords held out to an agonizing degree.

and that doom vs is awesome, i just heard that the other night.

right now distorted and gathered images can render few names.. shape of despair, loss, asunder and mournful congregation

whoa someone else has heard of eкклесиаст (that's ekklesiast if you don't enjoy cyrillic writing)

very cool band for people into esoteric and such.

Funeral doom bands:
Thergothon(the best)!!!!!!!!:headbang::Smokin:
mournful congregation
skepticism
monolith
intaglio
reido
remembrance:headbang:
doom vs:
tyranny:headbang:

death doom:
my dying bride:Smokin: :headbang:
my hameful
inborn suffering
mourning beloveth:headbang:
morgion

hijacking the topic :)

Firebox Music has signed Finnish melodic funeral doom metal band Depressed Mode. The band also features Natalie Koskinen, who is known for her contributions to previous Shape of Despair albums.

The band is right now recording their debut album and the release is scheduled for summer 2007 via Firedoom Music.

Samples available at mikseri.net & myspace.com
http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=54943
www.myspace.com/depressedmodedoom

My Shameful is doing few gigs.

3.2.2007 Baroeg NL, /w Jack Frost, Officium Triste, In Age and Sadness
4.2.2007 Dynamo Club NL, /w Jack Frost, Officium Triste, In Age and Sadness
16.2.2007 Live-Club Bamberg DE, /w Mourning Beloveth, Mirror of
Deception, Gorilla Monsoon
24.2.2007 Escape CH, /w Shever

I also HIGHLY recommend checking out Ahab. The Call of the Wretched Sea is downright amazing.