Future of Borknagar

no way... vintersorg is the best singer for borkies and simen is perfect for dimmu. simple...

lets hope andreas/vintersorg will stay for more than 2 albums with borknagar and not leave like the others after 2 records

but I liked simen a little bit more for the clear vocals,sounded more vikinglike but vintersorg is also great

garm:borknagar/the olden domain
simen:the archaic course/quintessence
vintersorg aka andreas hedlund?:empirism/???

Simen probably went to Dimmu for monetary reasons. But one thing is for sure, he left the better band

Originally posted by Xhorder

That's right, and neither will Simen.. :) Vintersorg has to break with the tradition and stay for more then 2 albums!

i hope it will be truth... but wait and see...

Well I HOPE Vintersorg doesn't leave Borknagar! I was pretty disappointed when Simen left, but then when I read Vintersorg was coming in, everything was alright :) But as different members have left in the past, they always kept getting better and better musicians. So who knows.....theres not much vocalists better than Vintersorg thats for sure. He fits Borknagar too well.

I don't have too high of hopes after hearing empiricism...It sounds weak to me, far too synth/key oriented, with guitars too far back in the mix. And the riffs I hear don't sound at all like the folky riffs up through The Archaic Course, they sound more like 80's hair metal (though with enough individuality to keep them from sucking!). Vintersorgs performance is pretty much flawless, and sounds great, but the music sounds way too uninspired for my liking.....

Therefore: I have no idea what the future holds. Bands tend to release at least one mediocre album at some point, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed for the next album!