future of Opeth and Swedish metal

tintin

Oct 15, 2001
NYC
www.geocities.com
What bands do you think will represent Swedish metal in the next 5-10 years?

As for me, I think Opeth will continue to make several more albums but not change their sound much. Maybe get more mainstream.

I'd hope that the following bands pick up the reins and really deliver over the next half decade:

Darkane
Soilwork
The Haunted

Any other opinions?

Hopefully Dissection, as they're gonna be back anytime now. I also hope there'll be more bands like Vomitory, paying tribute to the old Entombed/Grave/Dismember/Unleashed type of sound. While it's not original or representative of the scene, it's a wet dream for a stockholm-deathmetal junkie such as myself.

So, is the future still open?
Hedon

Fuck, Sundin used to be so good!

Originally posted by FleischBrenner
Hopefully Dissection, as they're gonna be back anytime now. I also hope there'll be more bands like Vomitory, paying tribute to the old Entombed/Grave/Dismember/Unleashed type of sound. While it's not original or representative of the scene, it's a wet dream for a stockholm-deathmetal junkie such as myself.

Ha! The very first band that came to my mind.......Dissection.........Yes!!! Can't wait to hear what Jon's been up to in jail....

Wow, and considering my other choice..................Vintersorg, don't you think that if Vintersorg and Jon collaborated, we'd have one kickass album???? Wow, think of it! Vintersorg combining his unforgetablle guitar melodies with Jon's dark and evil melodies/rhythms, and the mix of Jon's dark reverb-laden vocals and Vintersorg's majestic clean vocals!! Damn, maybe we should ask them if they'd do it!! :lol: :loco:

I think the top 3 in black metal (Emperor, Enslaved, Mayhem), have pretty much done all they can. Mabey Enslaved has a little juice left. As for death metal, and I am by no means an expert on this, perhaps Florida style death metal? Swedish death metal... Brutal or Gothenburg? Who can say. You'd have to be able to examine the history in metal and the current inflences and styles in the underground.

Hopefully an incredibly creative, artistic, and dynamic new band will rise to take the crown.....

failing that i'd say dark tranquillity as they keep getting better...

funny, no one posted that Opeth are the future of Swedish metal, is it that you didn't consider Opeth part of the equation or you think they've peaked?

Also, does anyone have Dissection, Frozen in Wacken mp3's to trade? I have the first five tracks and am looking for the last two. I can trade back lots of mp3's in return.