Gamers Thread

God Of War 2, LA Noir, Infamous, Afrika, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 2, Folklore, Motor Storm 2, Resistance 2, Elefunk, Blu ray = reasons why i'm glad i didn't buy a shitty xbox :)

I have encountered a glitch in my copy of God of War2: I'm stuck in the Great Chasm, because a certain cutscene cannot be triggered,(before a battle with Icarus,supposedly).:erk:

I am.

I have a lvl 8 Squig Herder, a lvl 12 Chosen and a lvl 14 sorceress on Heldenhammer. I think I will stick to the sorceress becasue I pump out insane dmg in scenarios. When people bunch up I can just chill in the back and AoE bomb everyone. My highest DMG output so far was 35,600 in one round. the chosen is more boring gameplay wise, but he looks super badass.

So I heard somewhere on another forum that Diablo 3 will be pay to play.
And that Starcraft 2 will have three versions, one for each race.

Hopefully they were joking.

HOPEFULLY

Anyone ever play the Jedi Knight series? I happen to have a soft spot for star wars games and these nailed the saber combat quite well, especially Jedi Academy, which is pure pwnage.

So,any of you fuckers have Xfire?
Used to.

diablo is already an mmo, its called wow
NO! THEY'RE TOTALLY FUCKING DIFFERENT! DIABLO II IS THE BEST ACTION RPG EVER AND WOW IS SOME FUCKING GAY NERD SHIT.
Sorry. Got a little excited. Don't quite mean that about WoW.

They weren't. I heard it on another forum also. Fuck
Dipshit, that's called an internet rumor. I guarantee you it will not be so.
Actually, the pay-to-play is conceivable, but the 3 versions of SC2 is bullshit.

Dipshit, that's called an internet rumor. I guarantee you it will not be so. Actually, the pay-to-play is conceivable, but the 3 versions of SC2 is bullshit.

Actually it is the other way around. Blizzard hasn't made any final decisions on the payment model for D3 though they've said it will most likely remain free but have subscription options for additional features (kind of like what Guild Wars did and Hellgate tried to do). Presumably that means you will be able to pay to get extra character slots and more storage space and stuff like that.

And SC2 will definitely be three games (link, link).

By the way, pretty much all currently known info on Diablo 3 can be found here (all directly from Blizzard, no internet rumour bullshit).

I hope they don't bog down SC2's gameplay with too many micromanageable abilities or leveling up heroes(the latter would feel totally out of place in Starcraft) and retain the same impeccable balance between the races. Perhaps just capitalize on the most functional improvements in Warcraft 3 such as selecting idle workers and queueing up upgrades.

It won't have any leveling or hero functions in the campaign or normal Starcraft 2 play. But it will have the hero system in the map editor. Very good idea, since it will get people like me who prefer custom maps to the actual game. Hopefully maybe DotA will be created there. Or at least an AoS similar.

New age first person shooters like Halo fucking blow cocks. All those games play & look the same. There is literally no variation in them. Also, games like GTA get fucking repetitive, frustration & extremely boring. They don't really reward you with anything in the long run but a very frustrating way to occupy your time...

Here are the best games of all time which are ones that reward you in a fun way

Final Fantasy V (SNES; PS)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES; PS)
Final Fantasy VII (PS)
Final Fantasy IX (PS)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past (SNES)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Mario 64 (N64)
Super Mario RPG (SNES)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Metroid: Prime (GameCube)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS)
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Resident Evil: Director's Cut (PS)
Resident Evil 2 (PS)
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS2)
Illusion of Gaia (SNES)
Soul Blazer (SNES)
Metal Gear Solid (PS)
Ratchet & Clank (PS2)
Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando (PS2)
Demon's Crest (SNES)
Mega Man "Series" (NES; SNES; PS)
Mega Man X "Series" (SNES; PS) (Only one I could never beat was the last boss in X4!!!)
Killer Instinct (Arcade; SNES)
Killer Instinct (N64)
Tekken "Series" (PS; PS2)

As I wrote this thread I wanted nothing more than go lock myself in my house for a few years until I beat all these games. I need no contact with outsiders!!!

I've listerally been playing FFXII since February of '07 & I have not beat it yet. It's really the only game I've played since then. I'm very far & I'm going to finish it out before too much longer, but I'm in the really tough secret dungeon; The Pharos at Ridorana. I think damn near everything else is done & I'm only missing the final Esper.

So you've beaten the incredibly hard final mark? the one that has like 86 bars of health? If you have then props, I could never beat the fucker.

@WAIF: I bought JKII: jedi outcast at a goodwill for 3 bucks and it really is awesome. How much better is Jedi academy?

you left out Legend of mana, Legend of Legaia, Star Ocean, Chrono Cross/Trigger and Super Mario 3

and honestly ff9 was atrocious imo

you left out Legend of mana, Legend of Legaia, Star Ocean, Chrono Cross/Trigger and Super Mario 3

and honestly ff9 was atrocious imo

I really meant to put Chrono Trigger on the list, but I actually never played the other games in their entirety. I only played a bit of Star Ocean & Chrono Cross.

I really liked FFIX & I feel it was a very overllooked Final Fantasy. FFVIII bored me to death though, but I never made it past the first disc. It bored me too fucking much, but I may get around to it one of thse days. I will have to buy it.