Gamers Thread

I really meant to put Chrono Trigger on the list, but I actually never played the other games in their entirety. I only played a bit of Star Ocean & Chrono Cross.

I really liked FFIX & I feel it was a very overllooked Final Fantasy. FFVIII bored me to death though, but I never made it past the first disc. It bored me too fucking much, but I may get around to it one of thse days. I will have to buy it.

Get through 8. It's not that good until the end of the 1st disc, and gets great toward the end of the 2nd disc.

He was talking to you. Proabably about defeating Yiazmat in FF XII. He has 50 million hit points. Never got to him myself.

OK. No I never beat him. I haven't got to him. I've logged about 150 hours on that game in going on 2 years. I hardly ever play it. I have all the marks beat except the King Behemoth in the ice area & the Shadowseer at the end of the Pharos at Ridorana dungeon. I'm on level 71 & the Shadowseer killed me, but I only fought him once. I take it there will be a final mark once I beat them??

I did an asshair of reading up on the final esper, now that sounds like a pain in the ass to get!!!!!

On a side note, I did beat the final boss thing you fight in the colliseum named Nemesis in Final Fantasy X. I think that motherfucking cocksucker piece of shit had about 50,000,000 hit points if I remember...

I followed up on the instructions to summon the Behemoth King for a fight, but just couldn't do it. It's too difficult to see where you're going in that shifting mist, and it seems like the creatures you're required to kill, respawn all the time.

Final Fantasy V (SNES; PS)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES; PS)
Final Fantasy VII (PS)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past (SNES)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Mario 64 (N64)
Illusion of Gaia (SNES)
Soul Blazer (SNES)
Demon's Crest (SNES))

These are great games. Don't play newer games, never been a big fan of Mega Man or Metroid. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest really isn't very good, and Super Mario RPG is just mediocre.

What your list tells me is that you really, REALLY, need to play Terranigma. It's like the spiritual successor to Illusion of Gaia, and far, far better. Seriously one of the best games of its kind, second only to A Link to the Past (the one game to rule them all)

shredhead;

trade me a copy of 7 and ill trade you my copy of 8(and 9 if you want :loco:) I just beat them recently so they work fine and have no more interest in keeping em, havent played 7 in like 3-4 years though..

I beat Yiazmat. It's not that hard if you have good gear and you're at level 90 or so. Leveling up doesn't even take very long if you know what to do. Also, you can leave that battle and return later and the guy's health doesn't regenerate. I think I just about 100% completed that game. I didn't get every single piece of the ultimate equipment, because some of them were retarded. Still a very fun game. I had to have put well over 200 hours into one playthrough.

shredhead;

trade me a copy of 7 and ill trade you my copy of 8(and 9 if you want :loco:) I just beat them recently so they work fine and have no more interest in keeping em, havent played 7 in like 3-4 years though..

Bro, I got 7 for like $6 brand new at Blockbuster. TBH I have no intention on getting rid of it. I played through it maybe about 2 years ago & stomped it. You're going to find this hard to believe, but I think I beat it in about 2 weeks, & I killed both the Emerald & Ruby Weapons. I also had killer gear & a shitload of maxed out Materia. I was literally invincible. If you use Hades on Ruby Weapon coupled with Knights of the Round he will never even attack your guy. What I did was get the Gold Chocobo as early in the game as possible, so I got Knights of the Round really quick. I also fought as many battles as possible got extremely strong. I only used Materia that I was trying to upgrade & I always used weapons/armor that would make my Materia grow twice/triple as fast.

Bro, I got 7 for like $6 brand new at Blockbuster. TBH I have no intention on getting rid of it. I played through it maybe about 2 years ago & stomped it. You're going to find this hard to believe, but I think I beat it in about 2 weeks, & I killed both the Emerald & Ruby Weapons. I also had killer gear & a shitload of maxed out Materia. I was literally invincible. If you use Hades on Ruby Weapon coupled with Knights of the Round he will never even attack your guy. What I did was get the Gold Chocobo as early in the game as possible, so I got Knights of the Round really quick. I also fought as many battles as possible got extremely strong. I only used Materia that I was trying to upgrade & I always used weapons/armor that would make my Materia grow twice/triple as fast.
I could never get chocobo breeding to work, so I never really maxed out everything.

I could never get chocobo breeding to work, so I never really maxed out everything.

It's tedious, but it doesn't take that long to do if you're diligent.

You can even morph the Master Tomberry's in the last level into Ribbons, so none of your guys will be harmed by any status effects. I had Ribbons on everyone. I was God. Period.

Actually it is the other way around. Blizzard hasn't made any final decisions on the payment model for D3 though they've said it will most likely remain free but have subscription options for additional features (kind of like what Guild Wars did and Hellgate tried to do). Presumably that means you will be able to pay to get extra character slots and more storage space and stuff like that.

And SC2 will definitely be three games (link, link).

By the way, pretty much all currently known info on Diablo 3 can be found here (all directly from Blizzard, no internet rumour bullshit).
That's fucking gay. If they make you pay for D3 multi-player in any way Blizzard will lose so much cred in my eyes and the eyes of the world (of lonely, bitter internet gamers).

@WAIF: I bought JKII: jedi outcast at a goodwill for 3 bucks and it really is awesome. How much better is Jedi academy?
Jedi Academy has:
much better graphics
MUCH improved saber fighting - JK2 will feel incredibly clunky forever after
MORE saber fighting
You get the saber at the beginning, rather than 6 missions of bland fps stuff before you get the Force
physics iirc
You get to choose the order you do missions (the story is weird and not particularly great, but it's fine)

And more of everything:
More fun levels with good pacing, variety, and excellent puzzles and varied combat
More awesome saber fights

Plus Chewie.

That's fucking gay. If they make you pay for D3 multi-player in any way Blizzard will lose so much cred in my eyes and the eyes of the world (of lonely, bitter internet gamers).

Jedi Academy has:
much better graphics
MORE saber fighting
You get the saber at the beginning, rather than 6 missions of bland fps stuff before you get the Force
physics iirc
You get to choose the order you do missions (the story is weird and not particularly great, but it's fine)

And more of everything:
More fun levels with good pacing, variety, and excellent puzzles and varied combat

Plus Chewie.
It also allows you to play as a half-naked Twilek with two sabers. That beats anything you just listed.

I beat the game without any of the GodModeing stuff so fu all.

That's lame. You should have been God.

I just beat that damn King Behemoth in FF12. He actually came out this time!! It took about 80 minutes to kill him & he wasn't very hard, just time consuming. He's not very fast, so it wasn't too bad of a battle.

Dammit, I hate when my posts get forgotten at the bottom of a page.

Anyway, what I was saying was, ShredHead, you really need to get Terranigma. It's like a spiritual successor to Illusion of Gaia, and far, far better.

Anyone watched the "I Am Alive" trailer? I think it looks promising, a "realistic" survivor game without zombies or mutants and stuff like that, more focused on finding food and water and making your way through the ruins, feels original enough.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zplGOF5kZT8

Damn, looks like my type of game, but I don't have a very good computer or a current-gen console. Fuck it, I don't even have a last-gen console >.<

On the subject of Final Fantasy VII, I am currently in the process of replaying that gem. Probably my second favourite video game of all time, right behind A Link to the Past.
My biggest issue with the game, is that it's far too easy. They give you this really cool materia system and all these opportunities for godlike characters and IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER because the game's so easy you'll win no matter what you do.

Jedi Academy has:
much better graphics
MORE saber fighting
physics iirc

And more of everything:

Plus Chewie.
Well on the other hand JK2 has a far superior storyline. Plus, the whole force progression is actually quite neat. In Jedi Academy you get to choose, but it's still pretty lame. Oh yeah, JK2 has much better level design.

Damn, looks like my type of game, but I don't have a very good computer or a current-gen console. Fuck it, I don't even have a last-gen console >.<

On the subject of Final Fantasy VII, I am currently in the process of replaying that gem. Probably my second favourite video game of all time, right behind A Link to the Past.
My biggest issue with the game, is that it's far too easy. They give you this really cool materia system and all these opportunities for godlike characters and IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER because the game's so easy you'll win no matter what you do.

FFVI > FFVII