Gamers Thread

Naw, I read that. What system is it on?? All I have is PS2. I may have to check it out... After I stomp FFIIX, that is. Problem is I just don't have enough time to play games these days, that's why it's been taking me two years to play a single game.

Also, to talk about difficulty - FFIIX & FFX2 are by far the hardest Final Fantasy's to pwn. Mind you I never played the online one, but I've pretty much played most of the other main ones.

How is V??? I have it on PS but I never played it. I was thinking about buying the old remasters on PS just to have them, but the only one I have is "FF Anthology" with V & VI.

I actually know someone from Karesuando, Nils-Owe Simma, know him?

Considering the population count of Karesuando, ~300, that's an interesting coincidence. However, I do not know Nils-Owe Simma, though I recognize the name. He probably knows me though. Everyone seems to know who I am there, but I don't know who they are.

@ShreadHead: Terranigma is for SNES. Also, I'd not bother with any PS ports of the older FF games... The loading times are seriously frustrating. I've heard they may be better on a PS2 though.

I like the storyline of VI. It certainly doesn't hurt that Kefka is the most awesome villain of all time, either. The unique abilities is a cool feature but it's very poorly balanced (when was the last time you ever found a use for Sketch?)
However, how you can possibly find the Esper system better than the Materia system, I simply cannot understand. The Esper system just feels like a greatly underdeveloped version of the Materia system.
Really I found that Materia was the biggest flaw from VII, sure, Espers weren't perfect, but they didn't make every choice seeminsly useless, you could basically make every character a badass at several different things at once. Goes back to the difficulty issue, and I'm a stickler for a game being too easy, it just keeps it from being fun.

@ShreadHead: Terranigma is for SNES. Also, I'd not bother with any PS ports of the older FF games... The loading times are seriously frustrating. I've heard they may be better on a PS2 though.

Is that a Squaresoft game?? I have a SNES emulator. I will have to grab that game. I just need to find that site with the games on it.

The loading times between battles on FF4 was rough, but there's no loading on FF6 on the PS port.

FF VI shits all over every other FF game. This is a fact and I will not be hearing any arguments to the contrary.

edit: Also, Chrono Trigger shits all over everything else, except of course FF VI.

Chrono Trigger>FFVI

I was so disappointed with Chrono Cross though. Gave up after maybe 20 hours. It doesn't help that the game looks butt-ugly. SNES/Genesis games mostly aged pretty well and are still palatable to look at, but some of those early PS1 are marred by horrible jagged polygons and bad textures.

FF VI shits all over every other FF game. This is a fact and I will not be hearing any arguments to the contrary.

edit: Also, Chrono Trigger shits all over everything else, except of course FF VI.

What an utterly uncontroversial opinion. But I can say that it's wrong, for I have played more SNES games than you can comprehend.

Actually, Chrono Trigger is a good game... It's way better than FF VI. Still not the best though.
My primary issue with Chrono Trigger, is that I had heard it would have multiple endings and all that cool stuff. So I expected there to be some choices to make throughout the game, and stuff like that. But then it turned out to be just as linear as any other game until very near the end, where all these different endings were more like easter eggs than anything else.

What an utterly uncontroversial opinion. But I can say that it's wrong, for I have played more SNES games than you can comprehend.
And yet you're saying that FFVII is better than any other FF. You don't see anything wrong in this?

And yet you're saying that FFVII is better than any other FF. You don't see anything wrong in this?

I wasn't entirely serious about what I said. I know, FFVI and CT are acclaimed for a reason. His opinion is wrong, to me, for other reasons than "being uncontroversial".

VI had the most heart in the story I though & the gameplay was great. It was easy, but oh well. The graphics at the time were mindblowing. FFX blew my mind graphics wise when it came out too.