Gamers Thread

Mathiäs;7733160 said:
Xbox's multiplayer blows PS3 out of the water, and this is not arguable. That's why people get it.

Well, I for one definitely do not consider myself a gamer. It is a favorite pastime of mine, as is smoking herb & serious guitar practice.

I really could give two shits about the online/multi-player aspect of gaming. I never saw anything sociable about gaming. I would rather lock myself in the house with a 6-pack & an RPG that I can conquer. The style of games that I like are the ones that award your progress. I can only run around in Halo & pick up the same 4 guns for 15 minutes before becoming completely bored & having to walk outside; & 15 minutes is pushing it. The only first person shooter I ever got into was probably Doom on the PS. I've tried to get into a hand full of them & I always get to a certain point & completely lose interest.

Anyone excited for FFXIII?

As far as Im concerned, they ruined FF with their Emo boy charachters. The franchise has been totally gayarized, destroyed, ruined. I don't know what kind of ecstacy those japs are on but they need to man up the franchise and make it what it was, make it once again the reason why I started to play FF in the first place. All the charachters look like girls, sheboys, etc... it might as well be called girl adventure,like a bunch of girls saving girls. lame, as far as Im concerned this franchise is aimed towards girls anymore, where has FF gone, its gone to shit.

That's fine for people like you (no insult implied), but I was responding to Mattson's post about it. For serious Halo players like me an Xbox is necessary.

@ Shred

As far as Im concerned, they ruined FF with their Emo boy charachters. The franchise has been totally gayarized, destroyed, ruined. I don't know what kind of ecstacy those japs are on but they need to man up the franchise and make it what it was, make it once again the reason why I started to play FF in the first place. All the charachters look like girls, sheboys, etc... it might as well be called girl adventure,like a bunch of girls saving girls. lame, as far as Im concerned this franchise is aimed towards girls anymore, where has FF gone, its gone to shit.

As far as Im concerned, they ruined FF with their Emo boy charachters.

BWAHAHA! :lol: I still like the games though. I thought Tidus was a bit EMO, but he was a still a great character & the story was mighty epic. Vaan on the other hand is pretty lame. While X2 was totally chicked out it even had a lot of redeeming qualities. I liked how the brought back the active times battle system.

I really could give two shits about the online/multi-player aspect of gaming. I never saw anything sociable about gaming. I would rather lock myself in the house with a 6-pack & an RPG that I can conquer. The style of games that I like are the ones that award your progress. I can only run around in Halo & pick up the same 4 guns for 15 minutes before becoming completely bored & having to walk outside; & 15 minutes is pushing it. The only first person shooter I ever got into was probably Doom on the PS. I've tried to get into a hand full of them & I always get to a certain point & completely lose interest.

Now here's an opinion I can share, and I consider myself a fairly serious gamer. As long as the 6-pack be a 6-pack of Coke and a bag of chips be added to the formula.

Disc 2 of Final Fantasy IX now. Stayed home from school and pulled a ShredHead yesterday.

i need to get a PS3 so i can play Tekken 6 online. raping people around the world with my Hwoarang would be very gratifying.

second story!?

naw nigga, First Departure (re-release of the first one with better [amazing more like] graphics). Second Story will be out on PSP in re-released form soonish, I believe in January in the US (been out for a while in Japan I guess?!)...so psyched.

haha. yeah i agree with that but it goes deeper, the games have generally become more generic, flashy, gimmicky, there's no plot ingenuity and none of that fucking amazing raw atmosphere anymore. i haven't really enjoyed an FF game since 7 (except 8 when i was younger), 7 is so fucking incredible though, i know i'm always saying that but it's true, and i've been playing it again. it's really messed up in places, you could dumb it down a ton and it'd still be bizarre and unique and brilliant. sephiroth is an immense villain. "out of my way, i'm going to see my mother" - pure awesome haha

as an aside voice acting sucks, it means i can't even look forward to an ffvii remake because they'll fucking ruin it with voice acting. fuck voice acting for every game that isn't metal gear.

IV, VI, VII & X are definitely my favorites. I don't know how anyone could deny that X was great. It had a great touching story. I even shed a few tears when I beat it. It had great gameplay, & while the sphere grid had flaws it was still pretty bad ass.

I never played 2, 3, 5, or 11 (fuck Roman numerals). I have 5 on the PS pack with 6. How's that one??? I've been thinking about playing it when I beat 12.