Gamers Thread

Vampire Bloodlines was a really underrated game I thought. That game got way more shit than it really deserved. It just took a while to get going (and admittedly, it took a community patch to fix all the bugs since Troika went out of business soon after releasing the not-so-finished product, but still...)

I want Fallout 3 to be as amazing as the first two games but I'm honestly not getting my hopes up too much (though I admit it certainly looks cool in terms of art direction). I'll wait it out for a bit and see how the game is received by fans of the originals and reviewers before I actually buy it.

Vampire Bloodlines was a really underrated game I thought. That game got way more shit than it really deserved. It just took a while to get going (and admittedly, it took a community patch to fix all the bugs since Troika went out of business soon after releasing the not-so-finished product, but still...)

I want Fallout 3 to be as amazing as the first two games but I'm honestly not getting my hopes up too much (though I admit it certainly looks cool in terms of art direction). I'll wait it out for a bit and see how the game is received by fans of the originals and reviewers before I actually buy it.

Yeah, I thought Bloodlines was alright too, I just don't want Fallout 3 to be like it I guess. I'm sure lots of the people who are excited about Fallout 3 haven't played the originals much, if at all, so I'm also keeping my expectations pretty low.

Fallout 3 looks like it's killed all the humor, intelligence and atmosphere of the first two. I haven't actually played it, but my disappointment with Oblivion says I'm right.

From the website, it seems like they kept the humor alive. I think they made it creepier and gave it a better post-apocalyptic feel. I have really high hopes for this game. Oblivion wasn't anything to write home about, and I think that will actually help out this game. They know what went wrong with it, and I think they will fix it with Fallout. For one, just from the videos, it seems that people actually have different personalities...

From the website, it seems like they kept the humor alive. I think they made it creepier and gave it a better post-apocalyptic feel. I have really high hopes for this game. Oblivion wasn't anything to write home about, and I think that will actually help out this game. They know what went wrong with it, and I think they will fix it with Fallout. For one, just from the videos, it seems that people actually have different personalities...
I know it will be better than Oblivion, but I don't think it'll live up to Fallout. Besides, the people whom I know have played it didn't go home with very good impressions.

Has anyone tried out Warhammer Online yet? It looks so fun but I don't want to pay $50 for it if I'm going to end up not being that in to it (Age of Conan). I'm waiting for a readily available trial for it, not the limited one they have going with a specific game store which doesn't exist anywhere near me.

Fallout I & II were like the greatest games ever and I was hoping III would be in the same style, but oh well. I also heard Bethesda are giant women and caved in to unmanly whining from Australia, rendering the game less bloody and without artistic integrity whatsoever.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines? oh god i loved that fucking game! i finished it like 8 times! it had an awesome dark urban L.A. atmosphere that really sucked me in... my favorite clans were definitely Malkavian and Ventrue for their sexy vampire powers.

plus i fapped multiple times for that sexy vamp Jeanette, even got to screw her, too bad they black out the screen when we're doing it, but her moans were hot.

Has anyone tried out Warhammer Online yet? It looks so fun but I don't want to pay $50 for it if I'm going to end up not being that in to it (Age of Conan). I'm waiting for a readily available trial for it, not the limited one they have going with a specific game store which doesn't exist anywhere near me.

The PVE gameplay is a little boring, but the PVP and RVR is fun as hell. I have a blast with that part of the game. The only problem is the population. thye have a lot of subscribers, but for some dumbass reason they have a million fucking servers, so each server is underpopulated.

So, Fallout 3 should be out today. Has anyone got it already?
Someone who's a fan of the originals needs to give me some impressions, because I refuse to buy this without a fucking good recommendation. Also, is the construction set included or planning to be released?

Yeah, got Fallout 3, its pretty damn good, best game to come out recently I reckon. However for me it just freezes every now and then, and I have to wait a minute or 2 for it to unfreeze. Can be a pain, but thats rpgs for ya.

I've heard a lot of positive impressions on Fallout 3, including from people who played the originals. A lot has changed obviously and it probably isn't quite the classic game that F1/F2 were, but it doesn't suffer from the generic world/content issue that Oblivion did and they got the tone and general atmosphere of it right.

I'll be picking it up on friday when it comes out here.

Yeah, the wasteland is modeled after the actual DC area, which limits the variety. Not to mention that every single place is in ruins.
The game is great otherwise, though. I've put about 8-9 hours into it over the last couple of days (got it at midnight release) and I am pretty satisfied to this point.

So Folklore so far is absolutely amazing. Worth every penny. I suggest that everyone with a PS3 picks it up asap!

Awesome mixture of elements of Lost Kingdoms/Champions of Norrath with a solid mystery backbone to it.

The overall art direction is probably the best I've seen in a game since the original Metroid Prime. Kind of reminds me of the movie "What Dreams May Come"