Gamers Thread

naw nigga, First Departure (re-release of the first one with better [amazing more like] graphics). Second Story will be out on PSP in re-released form soonish, I believe in January in the US (been out for a while in Japan I guess?!)...so psyched.

are they re-releasing a lot of old ps rpgs? if so, a psp sounds like high priority to buy

IDK, but you should get one and hack it anyway, so you can get all the old RPGs anyway :p gonna need a big 2gb+ memory card but whatever...worth it.

FF5's story is literally horrible, but what it lacks in that it makes up for in UTTER FUCKING FUN FACTOR...and it's hilarious to boot.

I hate all of the remakes of the old FFs, they tone down the difficulty and I feel they don't concentrate enough on what made the early ones so great, they just go for graphics. And the remake of FFI is actually possible to complete :rofl:.

Well, I don't know about the remake of FF1... All I know is I got to the last level on NES & I kept dying. That was the only FF I actually was not able to beat even though I tried. I know I could have spent a week gaining levels & beat it though... On the other hand the remake of FF4 was much harder than the original. They actually rereleased the hard version of that one that was only released in Japan prior.

Well, the rerelease of FF4 is on the PS & the didn't change the graphics at all. They just set up the battle system where EVERY TIME ONE OF YOUR CHARACTERS ATTACK THE ENTIRE ENEMY PARTY GETS A TURN TO ATTACK. It was still beatable though, but you die or end up having to run away a lot unless you're super strong. I think I was at like level 67 when I beat that one. I was about at level 60 when I beat it on SNES.

are those re-releases for the old ff games rare now?

Probably, but you can get ROMs for the originals if you know where to look. (only condoned if you own the actual games as a legal sidenote :p)

Yes at Fallout 3

I was a bit skeptical at first because of Bethesda taking over the project. Thought they'd have that horrible player-monster parallel leveling system from Oblivion, but it seems they've taken the hint. After watching some trailers, it's looking awesome.

I hate all of the remakes of the old FFs, they tone down the difficulty and I feel they don't concentrate enough on what made the early ones so great, they just go for graphics. And the remake of FFI is actually possible to complete :rofl:.

I've played the GBA remake of FFI. It's far, faaar too easy and they completely RUINED the soundtrack! Horrible.

are those re-releases for the old ff games rare now?

You can get them on Amazon for about $10 a piece. Next time I get about $50 that is not working I plan on going over there to buy all the ones I don't have which include Origins, Chronicles, VIII, IX, & X2. I looked over there the other day; it would be about $50. I need to buy them before they do actually get really rare.

I'll definitely get Fallout 3 because I loved all the others but I've got some doubts still. It reminds me of Vampire: Bloodlines,or whatever it was, where they went from top down to FPS style and it didn't really work.