Gamers Thread

So, I got a PSX emulator now and I'm a few hours into FFIX. Really loving it, not quite on par with VII but way better than VIII.

I decided to get the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher. I always wanted to get that game before but most of the reviews I read listed too many problems with it for me to spend the money on it. It's pretty awesome so far, and really damn long.

Yes, I agree. I couldn't get into 8... It was the only I played & just couldn't finish. I hated the spell system with a passion.

There were a lot of good ideas in VIII and a lot of bad ideas. Actually, to be honest, I think I liked the spell system somewhat. Junctioning GFs to your character I felt was very neat even though I didn't understand how that was supposed to make any sense in the slightest. As frustrating as drawing magic could be, you could still get what you needed from refining.
...Actually, to summarize my opinion, I liked the collection aspect of it though it could've been loads better with some sort of in-game register so you'd have any clue as to where to look for certain items. All this also mixed very well with the card game.

Where Final Fantasy VIII does fall short... Well, the story fucking sucks, the soundtrack is nowhere near as good as that of, say, FF VII, V or IV, it's terribly easy, etc.

FF9 was great, it's in my top3 FFs

1. FF7 (it's just special to me)
2. FF12 (has the best gameplay of all FFs)
3. FF9 (but i like its story better than 12)

didnt finish 8, didnt play 1-5, 10, 10.2 or 11. i liked 6 a lot, it's my #4. and the whole Tactics series is ridiculously addictive, love it.

I decided to get the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher. I always wanted to get that game before but most of the reviews I read listed too many problems with it for me to spend the money on it. It's pretty awesome so far, and really damn long.
I've been playing that game as well. The gritty world is just perfect IMO. I've been wondering, did the enhanced edition get rid of the censors on American versions? I'm not sure if I'm getting all the awesomeness I should be getting.

It did not. Though there probably will be fixes floating around on the internet to uncensor it (should just be a matter of replacing some files with files from the European version). I'm European so I didn't have that problem to begin with.

As far as I know the censorship applied mainly to nudity (so the cards don't show any tits and the NPC models for the dryads and vampires won't be naked) and I've heard they also removed the more violent finishing moves but I don't know if that is true. So you might be missing out on some tits and violence there.

It did not. Though there probably will be fixes floating around on the internet to uncensor it (should just be a matter of replacing some files with files from the European version). I'm European so I didn't have that problem to begin with.

As far as I know the censorship applied mainly to nudity (so the cards don't show any tits and the NPC models for the dryads and vampires won't be naked) and I've heard they also removed the more violent finishing moves but I don't know if that is true. So you might be missing out on some tits and violence there.
Well, there is a card that pretty obviously shows nipples underneath a thin top, but the models for the vampires and dryads don't appear to have anything other than the buttocks exposed. Maybe I'll have to track down those patches.

I'm about to slay Ultima in FFXII. I did all the Hunts except the Shadowseer & the secret hunt. The thing I'm slacking on big time are the rare game trophies. I only have two :lol:... That's a useless addition to the game. It's enough of an ass pain just hunting the Marks :Smug: I'm on level 71-72 average.

You'll never find a lot of the rare game without a guide, especially the trophy rare game. Some of the requirements are retarded.

I think the hardest battle in the game was Zodiark actually. Behemoth King is slow enough that you can heal quickly. I'm pretty sure I whooped him with Haste+Bravery and hacking him to death.

Did you do the Behemoth King?

Yeah, I said I did. He was kinda easy. The Trick is to switch between all your characters & surround him so his attacks only hit one character. He will kill your guys here & there, but he's slow enough that you will have time to bring them back to life. The only draw back is that he switches his shields from being able to only be hurt by attacks & invincible to magic & vice/versa.

You'll never find a lot of the rare game without a guide, especially the trophy rare game. Some of the requirements are retarded.

I think the hardest battle in the game was Zodiark actually. Behemoth King is slow enough that you can heal quickly. I'm pretty sure I whooped him with Haste+Bravery and hacking him to death.

Well, I played through damn near the whole game without using a guide. I'm pretty much against guides most of the time when I play though a game for the first time. I eventually downloaded a guide online & I have been using it. I needed it to get all the Espers & find all the hunts. The only two rare game I killed were ones I ran into.

Anyone excited for FFXIII?

No PS3 :( I won't be buying one either unless I either get another job or find a girl to move in with me & split the bills with her so I can relieve some financial stress. It's taking me almost 2 years to beat FFXII because I just don't get into games like I did as a kid. I would love to play it if/when I get a PS3 though. By that time it would be the first game I buy.

No PS3 :( I won't be buying one either unless I either get another job or find a girl to move in with me & split the bills with her so I can relieve some financial stress. It's taking me almost 2 years to beat FFXII because I just don't get into games like I did as a kid. I would love to play it if/when I get a PS3 though. By that time it would be the first game I buy.

Dude, I don't know if you know this, but it's going to be on the Xbox 360 aswell. So if you have a 360 you are in luck :p