Gamers Thread

Isn't that that game where you, like, run and shit?
That looked like it could easily be awesome and easily suck.

From the gameplay vids i've seen it seems as a game that is fun as hell if you're good but incredibly frustrating if you're bad since you will die often.

I've been playing Dead Space, and it rules. The great sound and superb panoramic visuals make this game very immersive.
It's got its faults thougfh. For one, the camera view is somewhat tricky as the perspective is constantly obstructed by the protagonist,making gameplay a bit clumsy at times, but I got used to it after a while. The controls scheme also took some adjustment time since it's impossible to bind the basic movement commands to the arrow buttons.(one of the consequences of poor porting from the consoles?) Apart from that, it's great. Good pacing and suspense make it quite engaging.

The game reminds me of Bioshock a lot, and was probably influienced by it as well, but I think Dead Space is much better Everything is just on a grander scale and it feels more inspired.

A lot of my friends who believe Bioshock to be a future classic would probably disagree DB :p
Bioshock has got a good concept,but it's too messy and fast-paced which is the thing that kills the suspense factor for me. There is more attention to detail in Dead Space. Everything is more refined and fleshed out.

I hate when you get controls for one game stuck in your head when playing another! I used to do that shit all the time when I played a lot of games.

I heard that it is really easy because they were going for a more cinematic experience and atmosphere as opposed to a challenging game.

I heard that it is really easy because they were going for a more cinematic experience and atmosphere as opposed to a challenging game.

It is... you actually can't die. Every time you start to fall your female companion catches you... though it's still frustrating because she throws you back on to the last stable ground you were on... which can be pretty far sometimes.
It has a really cool atmosphere and storyline, but the combat leaves something to be desired. You never fight anything in more than one on one combat, and every fight is a boss battle, essentially... Reminiscent of Shadow of the Colossus, with more emphasis on story and platforming than epic boss fights. You even have an orb of light to show you the way to go from the central location, much like the sword from SOTC.