Gamers Thread

What the fuck dude? It's a critically-acclaimed RPG, made by the developers of Baldur's Gate, with top-of-the-line graphics. What on earth do you want?

Sorry, man, those aren't really top-of-the-line anymore. I'm not saying anything about the gameplay, I'm just saying the graphics, while nice and all, are unimpressive (the reviews, by the way, also mention this).

Impressive graphics look more like this:
crysis-suitmenu.jpg

Crysis.jpg

And that was two years ago.

Point taken. RPGs have always kinda lagged behind FPSs in graphics though, for whatever reason. Within the constraints of the genre, I think DAO is a damned impressive offering.

But yeah, Crysis is probly the other game I'll be getting the day I buy my future desktop PC of doom.

Point taken. RPGs have always kinda lagged behind FPSs in graphics though, for whatever reason.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion
Kind of cheating, but yeah, this was miles ahead of everything else when it came out.
oblivion_lg.jpg

Anyhow, the reason for the graphics gap is the shooters are all about style over substance whereas RPGs are all about substance over style, which is why I still play Diablo II but wouldn't touch a shooter from back then.

Too bad Oblivion had rather flawed gameplay and completely lifeless characters. I doubt the same is true with DAO.

Too bad Oblivion had rather flawed gameplay and completely lifeless characters. I doubt the same is true with DAO.
I agree about the characters, although I think that point is moot because it's really not the point, but the gameplay, while not perfect, wasn't deeply flawed.

I just said something ALMOST nice about Windoze...and no one's gonna call me on it?
You also implied that your mac could run Crysis, which I rather doubt.

You also implied that your mac could run Crysis, which I rather doubt.

My Mac can run WINDOWS, which in turn can run Crysis, which I'm positive is true. http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/ I have this, but have not used it yet. It runs Windows either in a seperate window, or coherently so that everything looks like my Mac does regularly but runs Windows only software. Beautiful program...if I ever use it.

Oh, no question. There's not much it can't do. I've only ONCE had a lag, and that was during an update. Otherwise this thing is a beefy mother fucker. I have CoD 4, 6 web pages, itunes, some software I'm fucking with, and a disk utility running and it runs like I've just bought it. :) Macs are smooth as butter, my man. They are meant to tolerate high levels of computing stress.

Not I. But I'm getting Modern Warfare 2, NBA Live 10, a wireless network adapter, a chargechable battery pack, and the remaining 3 Fallout expansions I have yet to play

I bought Fallout 3 for my brother last Christmas. Last time I dropped by my mom's house in October, one of my stepbrothers pointed out to me that it was still sitting in the livingroom unopened, and hadn't even left the room since Christmas. :lol:

The reason he pointed it out is because he wanted to ask me if it was cool that he play the game. I really wanted to take it back to Richmond with me, but I let him have it. I'll definitely have to get that back sometime.

My only problem with PC is the $1000 part. Other than that I'd swear by it. Endless possibilities with quick access to tons of free addons,mods, etc.
I have a decent PC and am able to play some games, but it can't handle any of the new stuff. Had fun with ArmA at an extremely low res, but when ArmA 2 came out there was no way my PC was going to handle it.

Xbox is cool because all of my friends don't have good computers and it allows us to play togethor. The downside would be the 12 yr old COD/Halo fanboys and the fact that 99% of the games are made to appeal to that market.

I like that online is free with PS3 and that it has a lot of other features.
I just find it funny in the commercial where the guy says "can you say montage..." that it just shows a lot of clips from 4 games.