Gamers Thread

Anyone played Need for Speed Shift?

It is pretty decent, and much better than NFS: Prostreet, which was a bad attempt at a racing sim. The handling is much more realistic, and I maxed out the specs on a Lamborghini Murcilago (sp?) to the degree that if I rear-end a car, I am able to drive under it.
But, even though people bitched non-stop about those games, I can't help but wish for a return to the arcade games of the past.

I laughed my ass off at the last posts on this page.

I think he was thinking of Assault on Dark Athena, which is kinda recent and apparently includes Escape from Butcher Bay as well for whatever reason.

Anyways, I really enjoy the way the game is committed to being fun at all times, and if that means having one level that's run-and-gun alien shotgunning and then the next talking/punching your way through an exercise yard, they'll do it. There are lengthy stretches where you won't even have a gun, and yet it's all fun. Very varied gameplay. Also, Vin Diesel is an intimidating person.

Fuck I was confused :/

I thought you were talking about Assault on Dark Athena, and therefore was talking about Escape from Butcher Bay. I guess it didn't register in my head XD

I really enjoyed Escape from Butcher Bay and I am a big fan of both Chronicles of Riddick movies. But, I didn't really like the demo of Assault on Dark Athena. It seemed more like a run of the mill shooter than anything else, but I could be wrong, as I only played the demo. There are a few places offering the game for $19.99 though, so I might be inclined to give it another chance.

That was awesome Chase.

Yeah I know >_>

So I got this desktop:

Processor - AMD64x2 5600+ 2.9Ghz
Motherboard - gigabyte Ga-m61pme-s2
HDD - Western Digital Caviar se 320GB w/ 16mb cache
RAM - 4GB DDR2 800mhz
Video Card - PCI-x KFA2 low profile Geforce 8500GT 512mb

for $210. Unfortunately, its in Las Vegas, and I'm not, but I can't wait to play a bunch of shit.

Any PC game recs from the past two years?

Yeah I know >_>

So I got this desktop:

Processor - AMD64x2 5600+ 2.9Ghz
Motherboard - gigabyte Ga-m61pme-s2
HDD - Western Digital Caviar se 320GB w/ 16mb cache
RAM - 4GB DDR2 800mhz
Video Card - PCI-x KFA2 low profile Geforce 8500GT 512mb

for $210. Unfortunately, its in Las Vegas, and I'm not, but I can't wait to play a bunch of shit.

Any PC game recs from the past two years?

Team Fortress 2