Gamers Thread

what game should i get..

Assassins creed II or.. dragon age?

I hear they are both great but Dragon Age is going to last you a lot longer and require more of an investment of time. I would actually recommend renting ACII as you can probably finish it within the rental time.

I just finished my first play through of dragon age. I made a dalish sword and board tank character that was an opportunist and semi-evil. I got the Warden's Keep and Golem DLC and finished em pretty quickly as well before heading to the climax of the game. I clocked in at about 55 hours, but I felt like the game was a little short and there weren't many environments to explore, but probably because I hadn't done ALL the character side quests. Pretty much what Astrum said. It's still a fuckin' awesome game, and I'd like to play as another race and class. But I just got myself hooked on Baldur's Gate II again. :D

I recently hit about 40 hours in Dragon Age and have no idea how far into it I am. Probably got a good 10-15 hours to go. I swear one of the few things that can make me cut back on my metal listening (just a little bit) is a Bioware game. Fucking excellent.

Also playing Left 4 Dead 2. Uncensored version. Chainsaw = :worship:

Also playing Left 4 Dead 2. Uncensored version. Chainsaw = :worship:

I want this... Can't believe they actually made a censored version for L4D2 for australia, I've played it on my mate's computer and was so disappointed at zombies not being on fire when they're on fire, and zombies disappearing before they hit the ground or in the split second they start clawing at a grenade.

Yeah it's pretty fucked, but luckily there's an easy enough work around. Just have to log into and make your purchase through the US Steam site, and when filling in your details change your country to USA. You can also make up some random address but the important bit is having it set to the right country. Surprised this actually worked tbh.

Can't play a game like this without excessive gore, it's just not right. And the gore is pretty excellent.

when I used to had a ps2 I used to be playing GTA3 many often times.
The three consecutive times I had been used as a ps3 for reasons of convenience, comfort and plain sadistic pleasure had been excruciating and maddening. So no, I'm definitely not a fan. And don't flutter me around like I am.

I've been having a ball revisiting old PSX games lately, including some things I never got around to playing before due to rarity or region restrictions (Suikoden II and Vib Ribbon for example). I don't think I'll ever tire of giving Castlevania: Symphony of the Night a replay every 3-4 years.

basketballus.jpg

4159531527_a0906a2b3a_o.jpg

4160287094_dbb88d0d5c_o.jpg

2u7oi68.jpg

20fb479.jpg
24m5lee.jpg

icbanner-stimulating.jpg

secondlifeislonely-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I encountered an extremely disturbing graphical/physics-fucking glitch in Fallout 3 before...in the Riley's Rangers intro mission where you're going to get them off the hotel by finding the elevator key in the robot, I remembered noticing that robot in one of the side rooms you fight through right before you get to the top floor. So, I went back in to the bloodied battleground, and began to look.

Everywhere I went I could hear a terrifying clunking, clanging, crashing sound like something out of the worst nightmares anyone's mind could ever spawn. I was shitting myself in paranoia. It felt like everytime I looked the other way or around a corner, a Super Mutant would immediately obliterate me. I was seriously horrified.

Certain places I went, it'd get louder and more ominous, sometimes changing to a more layered, glitched-out, harrowing tone like some crazy industrial music. I was checking every room, in fear for my life, for the goddamn robot, too. One room I went in, I noticed something moving ever so slightly...I went to check it out with my light on, and could tell the...thing...was moving in time with the sounds I was hearing. Sure enough, there was my robot, half-fallen through the floor. I procured the goddamned elevator key from it after a lot of work (getting my character to be able to interact with the thing was hard because halfway through floor apparently means that he doesn't even exist), and a lot of brick shitting.

Fuck that was scary.

Yeah, freak occurrences like that in videogames can be such incredible mindfucks, when you're so drawn into a world and all of a sudden something completely rips a hole right through it in the most bizarre way possible. Especially if it's not something that seems like it's just the result of dumb programming (like the psychic guards in Oblivion), but something that creates the sensation that something is horribly wrong, and the world that was making sense up until then has suddenly broken.

I encountered an extremely disturbing graphical/physics-fucking glitch in Fallout 3 before...in the Riley's Rangers intro mission where you're going to get them off the hotel by finding the elevator key in the robot, I remembered noticing that robot in one of the side rooms you fight through right before you get to the top floor. So, I went back in to the bloodied battleground, and began to look.

Everywhere I went I could hear a terrifying clunking, clanging, crashing sound like something out of the worst nightmares anyone's mind could ever spawn. I was shitting myself in paranoia. It felt like everytime I looked the other way or around a corner, a Super Mutant would immediately obliterate me. I was seriously horrified.

Certain places I went, it'd get louder and more ominous, sometimes changing to a more layered, glitched-out, harrowing tone like some crazy industrial music. I was checking every room, in fear for my life, for the goddamn robot, too. One room I went in, I noticed something moving ever so slightly...I went to check it out with my light on, and could tell the...thing...was moving in time with the sounds I was hearing. Sure enough, there was my robot, half-fallen through the floor. I procured the goddamned elevator key from it after a lot of work (getting my character to be able to interact with the thing was hard because halfway through floor apparently means that he doesn't even exist), and a lot of brick shitting.

Fuck that was scary.

Dude, you know you have to reinstall that game and record the noises from that glitch for us. That's an order!

Fuck people that glitch care packages on MW2. I keep running into these fags everywhere. PS3 seems to have a shit load of people abusing glitches