Gamers Thread

So having just bought parts for a badass new PC, I'm making a list of games I want to play on it. So far I've come up with:

Dead Space
Crysis
Bioshock
Borderlands
Stalker: Clear Sky
Assassin's Creed
FEAR 2
Stranglehold
COD: Modern Warfare 2

(Stranglehold mostly because I own a copy but was unable to play on my old comp)
Anybody have any recommendations? Mostly interested in shooters and RPGs, but open to pretty much anything. I'd prefer games with awesome graphics because I'll now be able to run said games in their full awesomeness, which has in the past not been the case. I thought about revisiting Fallout 3 and Oblivion just to play them in full pimp mode but I don't think I will due to them being massive time sinks that I have already put at least 150 hours of my life into.

I know I mention this a lot, but TF2 is a must, even though it is two years old.

Although the graphics aren't super realistic awesome, they are still cartoonish awesome.

Besides what you mentioned, I would suggest checking out Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike: Source, which are extremely damn fun online games, and also Postal 3 when it comes out.

Speaking of Postal 3, does the idea of a "badgersaw" intrigue anyone?

1664_1203642071.jpg

I've never played any CS game. :(

But yeah, I'm assuming there aren't as many updates for console vs the amount of updates for pc. Also, I looked and it's 20 bucks. Still a great deal for what you get.

Yeah, there haven't been any updates for the 360 pretty much, so I plan on getting TF2 when its on sale.

Consider getting CSS though, its pretty damn fun and quite a bit different then TF2, and only $5.

I've given up playing Halo competitively until the new one, Reach, comes out next year. MW2 is where it's at.

Mathiäs;8760168 said:
I've given up playing Halo competitively until the new one, Reach, comes out next year. MW2 is where it's at.

Sorry...but MW2 is already boring. There are more bad kids in that game then Halo. And everyone is doing the damn Javelin glitch, it's fucking stupid.

Besides what you mentioned, I would suggest checking out Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike: Source, which are extremely damn fun online games, and also Postal 3 when it comes out.

I have the Orange Box. I don't play multiplayer games, though, in part because my internet connection is unreliable and in part because I don't like them. The exception being Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

Updated list of stuff I intend to play:
Dead Space
Crysis
Crysis: Warhead
Bioshock
Borderlands
Assassin's Creed
FEAR 2
Stranglehold
COD: World At War
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Batman: Arkham Asylum
The Path
ARMA II
Prototype
MIrror's Edge
Prince of Perisa
Blacksite: Area 51

This is just stuff that's already out. I'll want to play the new Max Payne and Deus Ex games, for sure.

I have the Orange Box. I don't play multiplayer games, though, in part because my internet connection is unreliable and in part because I don't like them. The exception being Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

Updated list of stuff I intend to play:
Dead Space
Crysis
Crysis: Warhead
Bioshock
Borderlands
Assassin's Creed
FEAR 2
Stranglehold
COD: World At War
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Batman: Arkham Asylum
The Path
ARMA II
Prototype
MIrror's Edge
Prince of Perisa
Blacksite: Area 51

This is just stuff that's already out. I'll want to play the new Max Payne and Deus Ex games, for sure.

Ah okay. Theres definitely a lot of stuff in that list that I want to play as well. And I totally forget about Red Faction: Guerilla, the first one was classic.

Sorry...but MW2 is already boring. There are more bad kids in that game then Halo. And everyone is doing the damn Javelin glitch, it's fucking stupid.

You don't play Halo competitively so at all dude, all you do is play noob-infested doubles or social. You don't play MLG, the one playlist that takes skill. MW2 is great if you play hardcore or private matches.

Mathiäs;8761642 said:
You don't play Halo competitively so at all dude, all you do is play noob-infested doubles or social. You don't play MLG, the one playlist that takes skill. MW2 is great if you play hardcore or private matches.

MLG is for fan boys, everyone thinks there amazing because they think MLG TAKES 133t skillz to play, If I actually took the time to play MLG I'd prob have a high rank in it. and...You say I don't play competitively when I actually do. Sure playing 4 v 4 takes skill...try playing MLG Settings 6-6 to 8 v 8. The problem with MLG is everyone thinks there Rambo.

Fuck MLG. Jeez If I want to make money from a video game, I'd take part in local tournaments.

I think MW2 is Overhyped...and too many kids think there the shit, not to mention the annoying fucking 10 year olds who are like I KNOW HOW IT'S LIKE IN REAL LIFE I'D KILL YOU IN REAL LIFE WITH MY M-16. SUUUURE.

/rant

Oh and MLG isn't the only playlist that takes skills. Lone Wolves and Team Throwback takes skill. Especially Throwback.

If anyone in here would like to play COD MW2 of Gears 2 and get owned, message me with your gamertag I need people to play with, k thanks. These message boards aren't my thing.

MLG is for fan boys, everyone thinks there amazing because they think MLG TAKES 133t skillz to play, If I actually took the time to play MLG I'd prob have a high rank in it. and...You say I don't play competitively when I actually do. Sure playing 4 v 4 takes skill...try playing MLG Settings 6-6 to 8 v 8. The problem with MLG is everyone thinks there Rambo.

Fuck MLG. Jeez If I want to make money from a video game, I'd take part in local tournaments.

I think MW2 is Overhyped...and too many kids think there the shit, not to mention the annoying fucking 10 year olds who are like I KNOW HOW IT'S LIKE IN REAL LIFE I'D KILL YOU IN REAL LIFE WITH MY M-16. SUUUURE.

/rant

Oh and MLG isn't the only playlist that takes skills. Lone Wolves and Team Throwback takes skill. Especially Throwback.

I get 50s in lone wolves like it's nothing. Throwback is just team objective, which wasn't that hard.

You don't know how Halo is at the 50s level in MLG, it is COMPLETELY different. Much faster, and everyone has 4-5 shot BR, not to mention the pros and semis you run into. And how is it full of fanboys? Fans of what, pure, fair competitive play?

Get a high rank in it and get back with me. Otherwise you have no argument, having never experienced it. I have played big team scrims, and it takes no where near the individual skill or overall smarts a 4v4 match against kids with teamwork does. Just getting past 35 going in alone is tough as there are so many bad kids in the middle levels it's absurd. You really can't carry enough sometimes.

MW2 is not perfect at all, and it is much less competitive than 4. It's much more fun, obviously.