Gamers Thread

Any PC game recs from the past two years?
Portal, Left 4 Dead (or L4D2 by now I guess), Half-Life 2: Episode Two (and obviously the others if you haven't played them), Fallout 3.

I've heard great things about Mount & Blade, but have yet to try it.

Um, not totally pertinent to your new hardware, but if you haven't played Cave Story... do so.

Also, PSX and Saturn emulation!

Portal, Left 4 Dead (or L4D2 by now I guess), Half-Life 2: Episode Two (and obviously the others if you haven't played them), Fallout 3.

I've heard great things about Mount & Blade, but have yet to try it.

Um, not totally pertinent to your new hardware, but if you haven't played Cave Story... do so.

Also, PSX and Saturn emulation!

I have most of the ones mentioned on 360 (Orange Box), and I definitely plan on getting Fallout 3 for PC.

I was thinking of possibly getting Borderlands or Dragon Age: Origins too. And FEAR 2. Too many things @_@

Dragon Age: Origins is fucking epic, dude so worth getting.

I am pretty close to the end with my first character, and I have to say I am mildly dissapointed. Good game, and epic indeed, but a lot of the cool stuff that interests you at the beginning, like characters cutting into conversations and plot choices, begin becoming tedious and predictable. By the point I am in the game, it's more like kill monsters, get stuff, advance. kill monsters, get stuff, advance. Your standard PC RPG fare. Like I said, good game, but more like an 8/10 than the 9.5 its been getting. Also, the game is rather small and has like, three different armor models and like basically between 5 and 7 sets for each type. Same with weapons. not too interesting.

I'm missing my morrowind cd's and half life 2 cd's and it's almost christmas break. I don't even think they sell morrowind anymore. Well....atleast I have oblivion.

"You better recover all the energy immediately -uh megaman, "girl voice" but where is dr willey? that's a good question, we may be able to locate another rrader emission from the energry room, once we find that mete-ah we find dr wowrhey" :lol:

I use to own House of the dead 2 before someone stole my dreamcast (which is a classic, btw), wow does that clip bring back awkward memories.

Pretty sure you can still easily find Morrowind bundles.

Here: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CNUUP/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00005RD71&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11DGV97QW9AJS9H17VKC"]Amazon[/ame].

I think I've seen it on shelves at Best Buy recently, too.

I have seen it in stores, i bought a copy about a year ago but you can find it used if you look hard enough. or the game of the year edition. that game is just awesome.

Both are great...I'd prefer Asassin's Creed II over Dragon Age: Origins, I have both but AC2 is so much better than the 1st game, it's mind boggling.