Gamers Thread

Okay, so my best friend's cousin is in a band that is gaining some popularity called Periphery—not really my kind of metal, but I hung out with the guy a fair bit when we were teens, so props to him and all that, right? Anyhow, turns out his bandmate also has a side project called Bulb that does stuff like this. Pretty cheesy, but also kind of cool for the nostalgia factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so my best friend's cousin is in a band that is gaining some popularity called Periphery—not really my kind of metal, but I hung out with the guy a fair bit when we were teens, so props to him and all that, right? Anyhow, turns out his bandmate also has a side project called Bulb that does stuff like this. Pretty cheesy, but also kind of cool for the nostalgia factor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3v-_Rw68fY

Bulb fucking rules, not a fan of the vocals. But the instrumentals are fucked up great.

FF-XIII was worth the wait, MUCH better then FF-XII. I dont understand everything they are saying in the game. But Ill understand some of it. Not too skilled on the japanese. Just got this,so guess its a break from FF-XIII:
320x.jpg

seems like the greatest metal soundtrack in a video game ever...still has nothing on the final fantasy soundtracks though. The mocking of nu-metal in the beginning made my laugh good.

The story in FFXII was befuddling and all over the map. I still don't understand what it was about, and I have played through the game twice. Still, the game itself was very good.
Can't wait for the European release of FXIII(I'm planning to buy a PS3 this month).

Really? It made sense alright to me...a bit confusing, but I didn't have too much trouble. Of course, I haven't finished the game and I haven't played it in a year so if I tried to play now I'd have no idea what was going on.

my Hwo is now a Brawler. me and the other dude both had a promotion chance and i destroyed him.

just got Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, it's fun as hell webswinging through the city.

FF12's story was okay but its gameplay was awesome. i hope FF13 has an interesting battle system.

So,having become hopelessly stuck in Batman Arkham Asylum due to an annoying grappling bug, I have instead resumed playing Resident Evil 5 and it's shaping up to be quite the successor to its already dated brother.(i.e. RE4). The graphics are gorgeous(I'm playing it on Windows 7(so much better than Vista,by the way) using DirectX 10 on NvidiaG210). Not that I'm after eye candy but such artistry should be lauded. The gameplay while fairly similar to its predecessor is very engaging, only now you have a more functional partner helping you along. Anyway, I'm duly impressed so far.

So has anyone played Darksiders? Fucking amazing RPG/Slasher...the combo kills are amazing. I can't wait to see what the DLC is gonna be at for the end of the month for this game.

Decided to be careless with my money this month, so I bought a PS3.I've gotten Soul Calibur IV for my first game, and I'm somewhat disappointed, to be honest. Not much has changed, and visually it looks pretty dated(I don't have an HDTV) compared to its predecessor. Gonna give it some time to grow on me.

It's quite decent but I'm not blown away by it as of yet. The characters appear disappointingly smaller and less detailed than in the vibrant and colorful SC3.Maybe it's the busy background, I dunno.However, some minor innovations to the gameplay that I haven't quite figured out, seem interesting.
Also, after three fight-throughs in various modes I've already accumulated enough gold to unlock all the greyed out characters. What was the point of locking them in the first place?

Update: SC IV has grown on me significantly. Online play is great, and I love the extra touches a great deal: leveling up fighters, special skills, custom equipment and critical finishes.

My online handle is BowtoTheCow. My brother created it as a joke because we were having some problems signing up at first. What I didn't know is that you can't change it afterwards, so I'm stuck with it.

I've also started playing the latest Alone in the Dark which I got for free along with the console and it's quite interesting.