Gamers Thread

The first Baldur's Gate game was released in 1998, 2 years before Icewind Dale was. Besides, all the games were using the Infinity Engine that Black Isle/Interplay used for all the games. Both the Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate series are fuckin' awesome.

Started playing Deus Ex again recently. Any other fans?

Fucking awesome game, but I'd be more interested in a Deus Ex 3 that properly capitalized on the inreased Blade Runner-yness of Invisible War. IW was nowhere near as good as the first game, but I think it had astounding potential...I could be wrong, though. Regardless, I'm pumped.

Anyone else played Mount and Blade? I really like it so far. I feel like the combat has the potential to be the best combat ever, but isn't quite there though.

^Yeah, it will.

Of the Infinity Engine games, Icewind Dale is more combat-oriented whereas Planescape is more story-oriented and Baldur's Gate is a healthy balance of both aspects.

I've never played Deus Ex. Guess I should. Will it run on a modern gaming rig?
Just responding, "Yeah, it will" is a bit misleading, since depending on what version you have it can be quite tricky to not only get the game running and free of game-breaking bugs, but to even install it. I have the Game of the Year edition and to install it on Vista requires you to open task manager and terminate a few of the programs it runs while installing (the installation locks up until you do), which might mean that if you do it too soon you'll have to go back and run the application that unpacks the maps and such after the install...

Yeah, you're right, it was misleading, I'm sorry. What I should have said was "Based on my experience, I'd think so".

If you're on a single core and running XP, I can imagine having a lot less trouble, but in my experience Vista (as usual) is annoying shit and Deus Ex has trouble running properly unless you set its affinity to one core.

Been playing MW2 a lot still and DEFINITIVELY getting a hang of sniping on most maps. Been definitely loving Quarry for it as well as Sub Base.

I love both of those maps for Domination, S@D or HQ. Not so much for team deathmatch.

Today I killed the same person like 10 times in a row on High Rise. I was wondering if it was you, Mort. :lol:

Anyone else played Mount and Blade? I really like it so far. I feel like the combat has the potential to be the best combat ever, but isn't quite there though.

My friend got it for like 2 bucks on Steam and played the shit out of it for a couple weeks. He loved it. It looked fun.

Mathiäs;8842833 said:
I love both of those maps for Domination, S@D or HQ. Not so much for team deathmatch.

Today I killed the same person like 10 times in a row on High Rise. I was wondering if it was you, Mort. :lol:

If I was trying to get on the roof probably :p I go by Crushed Aria on Steam so if it was that then yup.

My favorite map for domination is Invasion. It sucks for TDM but man I love it for objective based game types. My favorite TDM map is probably Skidrow.

I play on live. And Invasion is alright, my fav map has to be scrapyard or terminal. Either one of those.

Or highrise. That might be the fairest map in the game.

Highrise is pretty cheap as fuck if you have a sniper or two with the thermo-scope. Right off the bat you can get a kill or two if they're good enough.

I have Windows 7 running on an Intel Quad processor and I recently wanted to revisit Sacrifice-a huge favorite of mine,one of those oldies that always looks great, and quite an innotative RTS/3d action hybrid to boot, and unfortunately it's not playable on my machine. It installed well, and even ran for a few minutes, but soon the graphics started to tear, the game stuttered and closed. Such a shame. I wonder if there's a patch available that will make it run again.(haven't found one):erk:

If you're on a single core and running XP, I can imagine having a lot less trouble, but in my experience Vista (as usual) is annoying shit and Deus Ex has trouble running properly unless you set its affinity to one core.

How do you do that, exactly? I think I'm having the same problem with Sacrifice, a game that ran fine on my previous single core PC but it refuses to run on quad.

Re-playing Call of Cthulhu, what a masterpiece..if you haven't played it yet, then you need to

Last edited by a moderator: