Gamers Thread

I do snipe on highrise, but never with the thermoscope. I for some reason am awful with it on any map other than Afghan

If you mean Dark Corners of the Earth by Bethesda, then yes, it ruled.(don't have access to youtube from work).
Very underrated.

I played that and got to the sewer part. The parts where you're being chased are fucking terrifying, but a lot of the other parts are sort of dull and the pace is a little too slow for me overall.

I do snipe on highrise, but never with the thermoscope. I for some reason am awful with it on any map other than Afghan

im the simple guy using an assault rifle with attached newb tube running around

best maps are highrise, skidrow, favela and estate

worst are karachi, sub base and invasion. i will leave the lobby if these come up

derailed, rust, afghan and scrapyard are playable

The best map are: terminal, scrapyard, high rise, favela, rust.

Dece maps: invasion, sub base, afghan

Horrible maps: derail, estate, karachi, wasteland

I'm just a runner and gunner. I get all the objective work in and still usually go positive on the good/decent maps. I go -15 on sniper maps because everyone just sits around while I get killed trying to get flags.

ah yes, even though im terrible at terminal, i really like it. wasteland can be fun if everyone choose to run-and-gun, as you say. though i prefer to say spray-and-pray. snipers ruin wasteland

everyone dislikes estate, but that's one of my best maps.

Everyone gets their thermal out and sits in the house. I win every game I play because I just control B.

Lately I've been using the Scar-H with Scavenger and stopping power. Pretty decent gun. I get more multi kills than I did using the FAMAS or M16.

i use famas with stopping power pro with secondary striker, but thinking about going with the scar h.

scavenger is the best thing to use. it refills my newb tube all the time. i use to use cold blooded

well i gotta go. Gamer tag is Reverend Arcane

I played that and got to the sewer part. The parts where you're being chased are fucking terrifying, but a lot of the other parts are sort of dull and the pace is a little too slow for me overall.
Yea, it's sluggishly-paced, but I think that works well for the sort of game it is. All good survival horror is rather slow compared to titles from other subgenres. It makes you feel the hopelessness of the situation your character has found himself in, and lets you soak in the atmosphere far better this way.
I like the little innovative touches in the game; like for instance, when you're low on sanity, your vision blurs, and if it's dangerously low, you're forced to traverse the twisted corridors of the asylum from your past.

Any PC experts here? I really want to be able to run ArmA II at full graphics and not sacrifice any performance. I was playing the demo today after I had recently cleaned my computer and changed some features and it ran a little better. But I have to drop the res and other features all the way to keep the performane perfect.
I've got a GeForce 7100.
What as far as graphic cards,etc. would you recomend?

ah yes, even though im terrible at terminal, i really like it. wasteland can be fun if everyone choose to run-and-gun, as you say. though i prefer to say spray-and-pray. snipers ruin wasteland

everyone dislikes estate, but that's one of my best maps.

Yeah wasteland really would be better if everyone didn't snipe. I like Estate, but I really think it would be better if it wasn't on a hill. If the terrain surrounding it was flat I think it would be a lot more fun/fair. My friends and I usually get shotgun kits and just hang out in the basement/defend the blow-up doll :lol: . Terminal is my favorite map and for some reason it barely gets any plays.
I hope that the map pack has more urban maps similar to terminal as opposed to a bunch of trashy huts.
After 1st prestige it sorta got old and most of my friends have taken a break. I found it funny how everyone we fought had a me me me mentality and could not understand how I could possibly trash talk them with a horrible K/D even though our team won.
Pissing people off with M203+Thumper(M79) kits was fun, but most of my friends and I started playing OFP2 and GTA again (more laughing less screaming :lol:).

The major things that will affect the quality of your gameplay are your processor, graphics card and amount of memory.

Updating a graphics card and memory is easy, but if you want a good processor you might have to end up getting a new motherboard too.

The major things that will affect the quality of your gameplay are your processor, graphics card and amount of memory.

Updating a graphics card and memory is easy, but if you want a good processor you might have to end up getting a new motherboard too.

Memory isn't a problem as I've moved just about everything to an external hard drive.
What cards/motherboards would you recomend?

Memory isn't a problem as I've moved just about everything to an external hard drive.
What cards/motherboards would you recomend?

For graphics cards, an Nvidia 9xxx (example, 9600) or up, though the higher end cards are only marginally better.

For motherboards, it all depends on the kind of processor you have or want to get. For example, if you have or want an intel core 2 duo/quad/extreme processor, it won't work with a motherboard that supports core i5/i6/i7 processors.

Just go to newegg.com and you can search for motherboards based on what processors they support. There are other compatibility issues as well; the motherboard you get will have to work with your memory type (ddr, ddr2, or ddr3), your hard drive interface type (sata or ide), your cd/dvd drive type (sata/ide) and the type of case that you have (size). ATX is the most common size or form factor for motherboards, so you'll have to get an ATX case to put it in, if you don't already have one.

If you want a top of the line video card that will run everything on maximum settings, get the Nvidia GTX2800. It's pretty costly, though. I've been meaning to upgrade mine(my GT210 is struggling with antialiasing, for instance set higher than X2 or X4)

Just got my new card today: XFX Radeon HD 4890. Installed drivers and all. I played some Stranglehold earlier on maxed settings and I swear I heard laughter from inside the case. I'm installing Crysis right now and will report on performance later. The card costs $193 so it's a pretty good buy.

Can you maximize antialiasing as well, and play without a hiccup in the framerate? Try something really demanding like the PC port of Street Fighter IV, for example.
I've actually heard that ATI cards outperform Nvidia GPUs in some areas. Is it true?

Hopefully I'll have a new card within the next few months.

Anyone here play OFP2?