Gamers Thread

Lately I've been playing a lot of:

Grand Theft Auto IV
Legend of Mir 3
Magic: The Gathrering
Heroes of Might and Magic 3

Anyone own a PS3 with GTA IV here? We must have an epic deathmatch.

Schwärzung;8858169 said:
Lately I've been playing a lot of:

Grand Theft Auto IV
Legend of Mir 3
Magic: The Gathrering
Heroes of Might and Magic 3

I would enjoy an epic deathmatch, but I have it for the 360.

Anyone here play/have the first ArmA?

@billy: Yeah, it really shits me how they didn't create cross-capability with the PS3 and 360 with IV. It's no surprise however, seeing as the game for each console was completely made from scratch by two different companies.

Schwärzung;8859254 said:
@billy: Yeah, it really shits me how they didn't create cross-capability with the PS3 and 360 with IV. It's no surprise however, seeing as the game for each console was completely made from scratch by two different companies.

That is gay. Also how the DLC version of lost and damned is not compatible with the Liberty city stories one.

People that make games just piss me off some times.

That is gay. Also how the DLC version of lost and damned is not compatible with the Liberty city stories one.

People that make games just piss me off some times.
I'm DYING to play the Lost and the Damned expansion pack but it hasn't been released for PS3. :mad:

On the topic of GTA IV, I'm playing through the story for the 4th time in a row. I didn't like the fact that Roman died in my previous games.

I think that for the next COD they should have the commercials show nothing but the logo and not give any info on the game at all.
Then they should just put a blank cd in the case :lol:.

Hordes of people would buy the game based on the name alone.

I honestly considered getting into game design so that I could do somthing like that. I'm an asshole.

Schwärzung;8858169 said:

I have it, but haven't played it yet(borrowed it from a friend)
My PS3N id is BowtotheCow(stupid name my brother picked.) Add me if you want.
I mostly just play Soul Calibur IV on it for the moment.

NP

XBOX 360 - Modern Warfare 2, Dragon Age:Origins and DJ HERO.
PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4, Infamous, Socom, Little Big Planet, MLB 09 The Show.

I wanna get Mass Effect 2 for my 360 and MAG for PS3 soon. I have become obsessed with gaming this generation...so many good games.

So having played most of the way through FEAR 2 I have to say, they removed pretty much everything that made the first one awesome, which was one thing; the awesome, intense firefights with badass soldiers. There are still constant gunfights, but the enemy AI isn't as badass any more, the enemies die pretty easy, and the environments and enemy placement basically mean that you're running down a hallway periodically going into slow-mo to headshot a couple guys. It's basically, a reasonably entertaining but extremely generic shooter. The slow-mo is still cool, though. The scary parts have been scaled back, but at no point are they ever creepy, except for one part in the school level that was pretty freaky. The plot is also pretty much just watching Delta Force figure out most of what happened in the first game, which is fucking worthless. Nothing really shocking has been revealed and I'm not really optimistic. There's been enough new stuff to make up about two levels of the first game.

FEAR 2 was very...boring and blah compared to the first. So I have to agree on that. I also have to bring in that most games these days sucks fucking hard on the gameplay. It seems like the better the graphics gets the shittier the gameplay. But there are still great games beeing made (like the upcoming Bioshock 2, God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII (which was damn awsome), but games in general these days gets boring after 10 mins.

I've been trying out some XBOX Arcade games and I stumbled upon a very intriguing game called "Braid". It is a time manipulation/puzzle game. Excellent soundtrack with engrossing game-play and beautiful scenery. I highly recommend this game and to try the free trail.

Braid Wikipedia

EDIT: You can download this on the computer instead of paying for it on XBOX.

How can you know Bioshock 2 will be good?
Anyhow, played some more of the first one and it's reminding me really strongly of Deus Ex: Invisible War. I mean, really strongly. That said, the game is a bit too cartoony for any of the morality stuff to have any impact, and the action is pretty fast-paced for what's supposed to be a "thinking man's game." Anyhow, I'm not loving it, even with adjusted expectations. It's not bad, but it's just not drawing me in at all.

I'm currently downloading COD MW2 and World At War. I only play the single-player campaigns, but COD is always good for an engaging single-player campaign that does absolutely nothing new, but does it very well.

Also downloading Borderlands, Prince Of Persia (the new one), and Mirror's Edge. Anyone have thoughts on these?

I haven't bought a game in months. Soon I'll start buying some crap again, now I've "saved up" so I won't have to wait between buying the new games I want. God Of War 3, Mafia II, Heavy Rain, here I come :)

So, Soul Calibur IV is amazing. Lately,I've been ascending the Tower of Lost Souls with Talim, Maxi and Kilik-sheer greatness.

Voldo remains a frustratingly unpredictable opponent if you're pitted against him, but playing with him is really fun.