Gamers Thread

I dunno what nerf means exactly.:p
I looked it up on wikipedia and still don't get how this definition applies to Talim in SC3.
Anyhow, she was one of my favorites in the previous installment; In fact, all the female characters in the game are very strong, Ivy perhaps being the cheapest still.

Ivy is fuckin cheap. I hate people who use her.

And I don't care what anyone says: Siegfreid is one of the hardest characters to use online.

They seemed to have improved Rock in SCIV. He was my least favorite character in the previous game;just too clumsy.
I still need to learn to play with Lizardman. I always get my ass kicked by elite Lizardman fighters online.

I used to mostly use Mitsurugi, but I've found Cassandra really fun to play and I'm getting pretty good with her style.

And to "nerf" something means to make it less effective/powerful. It comes from the name of a company that makes smaller and softer versions of stuff like soccer balls.

Cassandra is awesome; one of my favorites as well.
Maxi's style reminds me of Talim's; I love both very much, though I suppose they are pretty overpowered.

They seemed to have improved Rock in SCIV. He was my least favorite character in the previous game;just too clumsy.
I still need to learn to play with Lizardman. I always get my ass kicked by elite Lizardman fighters online.

Lizardman is fucking cheap as hell. I hate fags who use him, all it is the same move over and over

Hey guys, could you please help a brother out, I need to buy a new computer and I kinda want a better one but I totally don't understand the tech parameters so I'd like to ask if this is okay, or if there's some worse element or too good perhaps or something.

The issue is that i own a great external Creative soundcard already (for recording and shit, to connect Record player, piano and shit) and perhaps it's a waste of money to buy one more good soundcard inside the case?

PROCESOR:
AMD Athlon™ 64 X4 Quad-Core 620

PAMĚŤ:
4GB - DDR2 - 800 MHz - dual channel

Pevný disk:
500 GB / 7200 ot. SATAII

Grafická karta:
nVIDIA GeForce 210GT , 512 MB, PCIex

DVD vypalovačka:
SAMSUNG nebo SONY

Zvuková karta:
Realtek ALC662 6-Channel HD Audio

Síťová karta:
Realtek RTL8201CL - 10/100 PHY

Komunikační porty a konektory:
6 USB portů (2 vepředu), 2x PS/2, 1x RJ45
Skříň
ATX Redastar

Soundcards are a waste of time if you're gaming. Not necessary. The clock speed on the RAM is kind of slow. Also the graphics card should be more pimp. What is your objective with this thing, i.e. what games/programs do you want to play/run?

LittleBigPlanet3.jpg

This guy has made platforming games fun again. LBP FTW!

Onder, the specs you posted are almost identical to mine, although I have the Intel Q8300 Quad Processor.
I also have the Nvidia 210GT videocard, which is the cheapest of the 200 series.Mine is struggling with antialising set above x4.But if you don't care about antialising, everything flies without it. You should get at least a 260GT to enjoy the newest games with all the settings on max. Antiliasing especially.

Just make sure everything is compatible with each other or you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Hey guys, could you please help a brother out, I need to buy a new computer and I kinda want a better one but I totally don't understand the tech parameters so I'd like to ask if this is okay, or if there's some worse element or too good perhaps or something.

The issue is that i own a great external Creative soundcard already (for recording and shit, to connect Record player, piano and shit) and perhaps it's a waste of money to buy one more good soundcard inside the case?

PROCESOR:
AMD Athlon™ 64 X4 Quad-Core 620

PAMĚŤ:
4GB - DDR2 - 800 MHz - dual channel

Pevný disk:
500 GB / 7200 ot. SATAII

Grafická karta:
nVIDIA GeForce 210GT , 512 MB, PCIex

DVD vypalovačka:
SAMSUNG nebo SONY

Zvuková karta:
Realtek ALC662 6-Channel HD Audio

Síťová karta:
Realtek RTL8201CL - 10/100 PHY

Komunikační porty a konektory:
6 USB portů (2 vepředu), 2x PS/2, 1x RJ45
Skříň
ATX Redastar

Did you use a system builder online or something like that? Because I don't see any motherboard listed in your components. So I'm thinking you might have used a system builder and they'll just put a mother that function with the CPU you chose (as I can see ports (like USB, PS/2), and what looks like an integrated Network Card).

Anyway, I'll just mention this: If you want a Quad Core processor go with Intel, I was a big fan of AMD before but currently Intel makes better processors.

Then for your motherbard, you have to think about what graphic card you want. Maybe in the future you'll want to have a second graphic card in there to work with your other one. So if you want ATI, and the option to have 2 cards working together make sure that the cards and motherboards have something that says it can do Crossfire. If you want to the same thing with Nvidia cards, look for stuff that can do SLI.

Anyway, maybe if you give me your budget I could give you some advice on what I'd think would be good at that price.

I didn't make this setting up, this comp is new and for sale on Aukro for a very good price. That's 9500CZK = 505,46USD. I've also heard that Intels are better nowadays, perhaps I'll find something later today.

So I guess the soundcard is a waste of money if I have a great working external one with a home recording studio. Well I'll see. I try to not rush it but this machine I'm on now is dying. Even Winamp crashes after first song played and that's end I think.