Gamers Thread

Recently started playing MW2 with friends again and I have to say that C4 is my new favorite weapon :lol:

So...Dante's Inferno is fucking amazing, the whole story is amazing, no surprise it's from the book. But apparently there's going to be a sequel?...God of War can kiss my ass.

Yeah it's pretty good. The one problem is that you can't fucking play it on a small screen TV because it's irritating how small the (HUGE AMOUNT OF) text is. I need to get back into it actually as it was fun.

i got me a 32" jvc and it's beautiful..i actually don't give a fuck about graphics at all but the landscape is nice in that game, i havent played more than an hour past the initial story so I don't know anything yet but I like how the battle system has been added too since Second Story. The camera is retarded though, why is it backwards? i turn left camera goes right bothers me haha

I tried the demo, it's incredibly boring

The combat system has nothing on GoW

Beat Modern Warfare 2. The way it ended exactly the same way as MW1 was kind of lame, but this was a much better ending. Plot was cool, but I feel like there are some things they could have done better; some of the parts where you were fighting in DC were genuinely moving and I think they could have done more with that. The addition of shitloads of guns to play with was a good call, although it'd have been cool if there had been some sort of data on fire rate, damage, accuracy, etc provided. No biggie, though. There were definitely some moments where they were trying too hard to be cinematic, but overall I'd say it was a pretty sweet campaign and based on the progression from MW1 to MW2 I'd say MW3 is looking to be the be-all-end-all of non-Tom-Clancy-related military shooters. In particular, doing away with infinitely respawning enemies was a really good move. The special forces missions with stealth and shit were way more compelling than the US army stuff; the next one should probably be all black ops stuff.

Next up is Crysis: Warhead. Can't get enough of killing Koreans.

It's been getting some pretty bad reviews. I haven't played it but it'll take much to top the GOW games.

They give it bad reviews cause it's too much like GOW...like seriously who the fuck cares...it's the story that matters, and the music to the game, the atmosphere. Like Gameplay means little to me, it's the feel of the game that gets me.

I give Dante's Inferno a 8.3

The Gates of Hell mode is fun as fuck...50 waves of enemies. Like I can't see how that is not endless gameplay.

Also as DLC there bringing in Co-Op Multiplayer. It's like the Gates Of Hell mode only, you say what enemies you take on in battle, how hard they are to kill, etc...so endless possibilities.

Got my copy of Left 4 Dead 2 for the 360 yesterday and played it for a little bit, damn fun game! Does anyone else have it for 360?

yeah i rented it for a week. I thought it was fucking laaaaaaaameeeee, beyond belief. You just go through these levels on a signle path and kill as many zombies as possible. Multiplayer blew as well, IMO.

Beat Modern Warfare 2. The way it ended exactly the same way as MW1 was kind of lame, but this was a much better ending. Plot was cool, but I feel like there are some things they could have done better; some of the parts where you were fighting in DC were genuinely moving and I think they could have done more with that. The addition of shitloads of guns to play with was a good call, although it'd have been cool if there had been some sort of data on fire rate, damage, accuracy, etc provided. No biggie, though. There were definitely some moments where they were trying too hard to be cinematic, but overall I'd say it was a pretty sweet campaign and based on the progression from MW1 to MW2 I'd say MW3 is looking to be the be-all-end-all of non-Tom-Clancy-related military shooters. In particular, doing away with infinitely respawning enemies was a really good move. The special forces missions with stealth and shit were way more compelling than the US army stuff; the next one should probably be all black ops stuff.

Next up is Crysis: Warhead. Can't get enough of killing Koreans.

Are there already plans for a MW3?

On the topic of Tom Clancy games I heard that Ubisoft basically just uses his name and he has nothing to do with any of their games.

yeah i rented it for a week. I thought it was fucking laaaaaaaameeeee, beyond belief. You just go through these levels on a signle path and kill as many zombies as possible. Multiplayer blew as well, IMO.

I really like it :/ I know its a bit linear, but in this type of game I don't mind at all. Lots of zombies, guns, gore and fast paced action, which is pretty much all I want in a zombie game.

I haven't played the first Left 4 Dead so I can't compare them.

Once you play through all the levels it gets boring quickly. It's still fun to play a few rounds with friends though.

Anyone play Red Orchestra?

Are there already plans for a MW3?
How could there not be? They could release a disc titled: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: 2 Russians 1 Cup and it would sell 15 million copies on the first day.

On the topic of Tom Clancy games I heard that Ubisoft basically just uses his name and he has nothing to do with any of their games.
I haven't played any of the more recent ones. I plan to check out the recent Ghost Recon games, and possibly the new Rainbow Six stuff, but with the understanding that it won't actually be Tom Clancy stuff. Rainbow Six: Raven Shield is fucking awesome, though. If the enemy AI hadn't been so fucking atrocious it might have been the best military shooter ever. The most jizzworthy thing I can imagine would be a remake of R6:RS in the MW2 engine. Possibly adding the ability to FUCKING LEAN AROUND SHIT as well. That pissed me off. But yeah. Even more weapons customization would be cool too.

How could there not be? They could release a disc titled: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: 2 Russians 1 Cup and it would sell 15 million copies on the first day.

I haven't played any of the more recent ones. I plan to check out the recent Ghost Recon games, and possibly the new Rainbow Six stuff, but with the understanding that it won't actually be Tom Clancy stuff. Rainbow Six: Raven Shield is fucking awesome, though. If the enemy AI hadn't been so fucking atrocious it might have been the best military shooter ever. The most jizzworthy thing I can imagine would be a remake of R6:RS in the MW2 engine. Possibly adding the ability to FUCKING LEAN AROUND SHIT as well. That pissed me off. But yeah. Even more weapons customization would be cool too.

:lol: I posted somthing a while back saying they should sell blank discs because as long as it said COD people would buy it. IMO the next one should be a lot bloodier and include more russian weapons.

DO NOT PLAY ANY R6 PAST RAVEN SHIELD (+ EXPANSIONS) FOR PC!
You have been warned.

Ubisoft raped the fuck out of the series past Raven Shield.
The vegas games arn't even R6, completely different team, style of plot,etc.....they're just completely different fucking games.
In the old games you were rewarded by using tactics,planing, and patience. With the new games it's pretty much just run and gun with multicolor power ranger suits and doo rags. Counter terrorism my fucking ass :lol:

I honestly believe Rogue Spear was when the series was at it's best. Raven shield had some pretty good stuff (ability to see your gun, better graphics,ragdoll,more team control,...), but the overall feel lacked in comparison.

The thing that sucks is that it was basically the only counter terror seies that existed and now IMO it is dead. Everything else that came close is too much like Ghost recon or SWAT.

I think that they would have to tweek quite a bit of things if they remade it in the MW engine. Too many games these days reward players that use gamer tactics instead of anything close to being realistic.

More weapons/gear + customization is always a good thing.

If you like war games and have a good PC I highly recommend ArmA2 if you havn't played it already.

I've been playing OFP2, which is more or less the same thing. It's cool, but I'm more into CQB stuff.

Haven't played Rogue Spear. Call me whiny, but I don't think I could get into a shooter where I can't see my penis. Err, gun.

One of the things about R6 is that you make all these strategies based on a 2D map and then act them out by going to a series of waypoints, which though realistic doesn't really make me feel all cool and tactical. In the MW games there is of course no tactics, but there are scripted moments where you'll do cool things (synchronized sniping, multiple entry breaching, etc) that feel really cool and tactical...it would be nice if R6 could give that feeling. Also, the 2D maps really don't give you a very good idea of what you're dealing with; a wireframe rendering would have been nice, as well as maybe some enemy locations.

If you played the Spec Ops bonus missions in MW2 (I'm talking about the solo ones, multiplayer is gay imo) they do reward tactics. Or at least, the stealth ones. Although I'm not convinced that a trained bloodhound can't detect you from 15 feet away, or that a guard won't notice if three of his buddies die just because he was ten feet away and looking the other direction at the time. Also I'm not sure that getting shot in the arm will kill you before you can make a sound...yeah, nevermind.

Those missions are FUCKING hard on veteran, though.