Gamers Thread

Yeah, he used to write the shit, we know.

. It's a good book too.

I was talkng about his involvement with the games. He was a part of Red Storm which made the first games, but then Ubisoft took over.

About civil war COD:
:lol: I think the fact that reloading would be a pain in the ass would make the game interesting. You would have to take careful shots in order to kill instantly.
You could have a bayonet, but it would take multiple stabs to kill. Throw in an ass load of gunsmoke, blood, and screaming and IMO you've got a game with some potential.

What they really need is a Vietnam COD. It seems like where other games slowly moved towards modern warfare, COD sort of just skipped to it from WWII.

i think you could get a pistol too, not sure if they had or was a 6 shooter or not..day of defeat was where it was at though

Day of Defeat is awesome.

Btw, can anyone help me? I'm losing my mind here. I've plugged my PS3 to the HDTV monitor via an HDMI cable, but I can't get the sound to work; picture is fine. The sound worked for about 10-15 minutes the first time when the PS3 autodetected that I'm using HDMI, but now I can't get it back. I've tried resetting the console, reconfiguring the audio settings but nothing seems to work, I've gone through numerous FAQs on this issue, but no one can suggest a concrete solution. Any help?
The HDMI cable is brand new and undamaged.

About civil war COD:
:lol: I think the fact that reloading would be a pain in the ass would make the game interesting. You would have to take careful shots in order to kill instantly.
You could have a bayonet, but it would take multiple stabs to kill. Throw in an ass load of gunsmoke, blood, and screaming and IMO you've got a game with some potential.
Darkest of Days did the civil war recently...apparently it sucked ass.
What they really need is a Vietnam COD. It seems like where other games slowly moved towards modern warfare, COD sort of just skipped to it from WWII.
Not a bad idea. However, the experience of the average American GI in Vietnam would not lend itself well to a shooter; walking through the jungle, then getting shot/not getting shot. Still, they could focus on the Tet offensive or something like that, and then have some other levels where you do black ops stuff (and I'm told there was some black ops shit going down in Nam). The indiscriminate killing of civilians would make for some juicy controversial publicity fodder, as well. Could be pretty sweet.

Clear sky irritated me; of course mine was pirated (ahhhh, the first problem), but it was a legitimate bug that stopped me from playing correctly that hadn't been patched. I had gotten pretty damn powerful in the game without doing a good chunk of the main story - low and behold there comes a very important mission in story mode where I have to go through a sewer pipe and the then cue cinematic.

Instead I am teleport ed to the beginning of this area facing the pipe thing. I go to try once more only to be teleported again. No way around it and I really felt like I had wasted all that time on nothing. Apparently in the new one though they included that mutated dwarf looking creature with telekinetic powers; it would be nice if thy made a lot more though. I just hope there are more wild bands of big creatures. One of my favorite parts of Clear Sky in when you are at a Duty camp, and then they get overrun by forty fucking mutated boars.

Just started playing Borderlands. Pretty sweet so far, but I have a feeling I'm going to lose interest pretty soon.

Yeah Borderlands held my interest for about a week...It's lame.

How can anyone hate the Original Bioshock? Oneof my favorite games of all-time.

Right now for Online Multi I'm playing MAG, Modern Warfare 2 and Uncharted 2. Single I just beat Metal Gear Solid 4 and I'm playing Uncharted 2 patiently waiting Heavy Rain and God of War 3. I also wanna get Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction eventually.

I'm such a Sony fanboynow it's disgusting. I used to be all Xbox/360 but the PS3 exclusives plus a bluray player made me forget about my 360, not to mention Sony also gets MLB THE SHOW, Little Big Planet! : )

I just don't like it. It's too hectic in pacing for a shooter with atmosphere. Give me Deadspace or Resident Evil over Bioshock any day.The only fast-paced shooter I loved was Painkiller, but that's due to the immensely fun factor of dismembering your enemies with all sorts of cool weapons. The stake gun being my favorite. Impalement ftw. :kickass:

Btw, I bought Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe for the PS3 and it's surprisingly good. Not on par with Soul Calibur, but still really cool.

Me too, but the newest one for the DS was pretty good (not quite as story-driven as the first, but gameplay and mechanics-wise it is great).

See, I don't like the "Advance" versions because they added a bunch of gay races. I felt that a good bit of the mystique was due to it being a completely human game where other intelligent creatures exist (like moogles, dragons, etc) - not furry wet-dream cat people or fucking lizardmen or sloth people. And fuck that stupid law system they implemented - if I want to fight in a city and get into a brawl with some shady under-life scum, and KILL them in the process, I have that right!

Plus the story, even with the bad translation on the original release, was godly! The class system blew me away with its customization, and the little secrets that could be found everywhere were amazing. The only way they could make the original better would be to add more classes (that aren't over-powered) and to give an actual environment to walk around in. Of course, you should also be able to just use the map they provided too, but having that ability to explore could add so much dimension.

I miss Final Fantasy Tactics :(

The original Tactics was re-released on the psp not too long ago. I'm with you on Advance, Mechanics were tight still but the story was too kiddie and borderline gay/retarded.

Dante's Inferno is suppose to be an Alright God of War clone that gets boring about halfway through. Or so I've heard/read.

I've been playing the shit out of Bayonetta and let me say, if you are a DMC fan you need this game...now.