Gamers Thread

Decent only gives you standard performance. The PS3 has all of its components integrated and tuned for best performance.
And in the span of seven years there's a guarantee of hundreds of quality titles to be released for it, that even when it becomes obsolete(technically speaking), you'll have a lot of catching up to do. I don't think I've played even one third of the best titles for the previous consoles. But anyway, it's not a contest.

I think we should be allowed to like both consoles and PC's

of course Xbox 360's suck though

Right, the only thing that PS3 deserves is that there online capabilites is free. That's the only thing, that is good from them. In terms of entertainment 360 wins by a landslide. Watching new releases, shows, the exclusive game content that it has sometimes, Arcade games.

There's so much more you can do.

But whatever, not gonna argue. Because I've always hated Playstation, the only game that I've played for Playstation was FF7. Only game worth playing.

Graphics, while not the most important thing for a game, certainly are important as better more realistic graphics can help with the immersion aspects of games.

Not that I want to be immersed in a shitty game, but imagine Heavy Rain with clunky N64 graphics. Wouldn't work.

Obviously, that's what graphics should be doing, and newer video cards would probably have problems running games based on dated graphical engines anyway. But sometimes too much effort is spent on overpolishing the visuals.

Decent only gives you standard performance. The PS3 has all of its components integrated and tuned for best performance.
And in the span of seven years there's a guarantee of hundreds of quality titles to be released for it, that even when it becomes obsolete(technically speaking), you'll have a lot of catching up to do. I don't think I've played even one third of the best titles for the previous consoles. But anyway, it's not a contest.
Decent in graphical terms is about the same as a PS3.
Right, the only thing that PS3 deserves is that there online capabilites is free. That's the only thing, that is good from them. In terms of entertainment 360 wins by a landslide. Watching new releases, shows, the exclusive game content that it has sometimes, Arcade games.

There's so much more you can do.

But whatever, not gonna argue. Because I've always hated Playstation, the only game that I've played for Playstation was FF7. Only game worth playing.
And once again, a PC does all of that, but better. Also, although I don't own a ps3, you can do that stuff, I've seen my bro do that.
They need to stop improving graphics and focus on the gameplay instead.That's why so many people still cling to their 8-bit favorites.
Yeah, but good graphics add so much. Games like TF2 wouldn't be the same without the awesome graphics.

I meant performance in terms of speed also(frames per second).

Besides, many multi-platform titles are developed first for the consoles and then are ported to the PC, and these ports are often inferior to their console counterparts.

And yes, I agree that good graphics add to the game, but only when they don't try to make up for clunky gameplay.

Got around to buying and playing Demon Souls...nice. I like the "for hardcore gamers only" aspect. Then again I've only conquered one boss so far (The Phalanx) and am sure that in the future I will go spastic over out difficult the game is. (Mainly posted this to get away from the inevitable never ending war of PC vs Console)

What character class are you playing with? I started with the Magician, so it was fairly difficult early on, but as I progressed and earned more spells/miracles, the game becomes somewhat easier. Still, most enemies can kill you with a few hits regardless of your soul level.Notice, you can manipulate world tendency in the game depending on what you do.This will make enemies difficult to kill(if the world tendency is towards black), and easier if i's towards white. World tendency also triggers certain events/appearance of items or characters in all the worlds.
You can also play all the levels on various online modes that are fully integrated into the game, if you get all the stone gems

When you finish the game , a New Game + will become available which features a considerable leap in difficulty(but you start with all your equipment from previous game). Same as Diablo, basically.
Amazing game, overall, but I got sidetracked by other titles that are kicking my ass at the moment.

I picked Royal as my first class. And yeah I enjoy the whole online system of messages and warnings, I think it was clever. I see myself getting lost in this title for a good while. Although, still have to finish Heavy Rain/FF XIII/God of War 3/ Bad Company 2...so yeah I can relate to being spread pretty thin. Oh yeah, downloaded FF7 off of PSN so got that also.

But pirating is everlasting, so porting is here to stay.
I don't quite see the correlation between the two as of yet; just throwing it out there.
Because developers know that less people pirate games on consoles rather then the huge amount of people who pirate games for the pc.

From what I've read it's easier to develop games for the consoles from a purely technical/practical standpoint. In order to make a quality port of a console game, developers have to take many factors into consideration, since the PC is not a uniform gaming platform like the XBOX or PS3.

So far the games that I've spent the most time with are Red Faction, Fear 2 and The Beatles.

Although the story isn't really strong at all in Red Faction, the gameplay and amount of destruction is ridiculously awesome. i.e. I can place couple mines on the side of a tower, blow it up so that it'll fall on an enemy building and then wreak havoc, and the destruction is pretty much limitless. Lots of cool weapons, and the multiplayer is fun as well, though not to many people are on it.

Fear 2 is pretty good and I've been enjoying it, but the multiplayer wasn't as much fun as the first one. Still, fun game, but not as good as the first.

The Beatles Rock Band is pretty self explanatory, but very fun and the dreamscape type things are great.

F.E.A.R. 2 was disappointing because the first one was pretty damn badass. I feel like the AI was actually significantly worse in the second.