Gamers Thread

ive had MW2 for a week. i was terribly noobish at first but now can place top 3 fairly often. my playstyle is running around and shooting. i love killing gay campers that crouch in corners and knifing gay snipers from behind.

I've decided today that I'm going to go for completing the "The Loremaster" achievement on WoW when I've got nothing to really do.

Just beat Call of Duty: World At War. It was seriously meh, definitely the worst COD yet. It was like COD 2 but even less inspired. Also, the Pacific Theater isn't much fun. Also, the game is really fucking short. I beat it in about 6 hours if you don't count getting stuck at one point early on for weeks.

Also, finally beat Far Cry 2. It was really long, but sandbox-long, in that the missions are all the same and you don't go to new areas or anything, it just takes a while. The graphics were amazing and the AI was great, but the shooting was clunky (the inability to lean and the pointlessness of cover didn't help), the stealth was lame, and the missions were really repetitive, even if you change up your approach. Also, it'd be nice to be able to mod weapons. And it seems really weird that there are so many SUVs equipped with machine guns just sitting around that no one minds if you just take one. Also, no spoilers but I have some real problems with the ending. It was an excellent ending...to a completely different game. However, the game kept me playing for a lot longer than any game since Mount and Blade, and I enjoyed the hell out of it, so it gets my seal of approval.

Next up: Dead Space and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. At some point I need to get around to finishing Prototype (nearly at the end, I think). Also might give Bioshock another chance down the road, if I get bored.

Currently downloading: Alien vs. Predator, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Yes, for the single-player campaign), Stalker: Call of Pripyat (really looking forward to playing this).

Highly recommend this game, anyone on there add me to your friends list: MetalAges

Roll call too, who else is playing this? (PC version)

I'm in, I got the game yesterday and I'm completely hooked. I'll add you next time I go on, I have the same name as my UM name

I miss playing Stalker, the first one was awesome. Never got to finish it though since my laptop died.

Definitely the most immersive shooter I've ever played, despite it's many (MANY!) flaws. Also, the most awesome, amazingly desperate and intense shootouts ever. The Pripyat level was particularly awesome.

Off the PS3N I recently bought/downloaded Flower, Critter Crunch, Greed Corp, Cuboid,Zombie Apocalypse, Wipeout HD, Final Fantasy VIII and Zen Pinball.

Too much dispensable income.:lol:

Flower is so weird, but quite relaxing.

So this game is an exclusive to PC & Xbox 360, this game is gonna be awesome, it was revealed yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you do. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you play as two people, a sniper and a typical grunt-type soldier, so there's more variety. Graphics-wise, the environments look great but the character models are nothing special.

Superhero games are usually quite poor. Even Batman Arkham Asylum didn't impress me much; my progress through the game was halted by an early irrecoverable grappling bug.

I do love MK vs. DC Universe, though, but that's cos I'm a big Mortal Kombat fanboy.

In related news, a new MK title(MK9) is in the works, this time around promising over-the-top gore, brutality, and other assorted awesomeness. Ah, just the way I like it. It's scheduled to be released on Christmas of 2010.

I was a fan of the first few Mortal Kombat games, and I thought MK vs DC universe was akin to watching a really cheesy film. I didn't like it. I'm hoping MK9 will be good.

I've never actually played Spiderman 2, but Ultimate Spiderman was pretty meh when I played it.