Gamers Thread

Why pay more money to play the same game when you can play the first one... And its not even that great really... They are just ripping off ideas from the past versions and slightly updating the game. "Make the customers pay another 60 bucks if they are major fanboys."

No but I've watched someone play it, at my college (Yes, in person). Looks like the same damn game.

I have played MW1 though.

please do not voice your opinion on things ever.

Also wtf, had the weirdest situation occur today. Did a random dungeon on WoW and ended up in a group with an undead mage, a blood elf death knight, someone else and then a female troll something or other.

I also am a female troll (hunter) and the mage and death knight refused to run the group because of us being female trolls :| so I just constantly ran to grab aggro and misdirect it towards the DK until the other troll reported them and we left the group.

LOST ODYSSEY!@
This indeed...wasn't the best RPG ever but it's definitely worth it for 360 owners.

Why pay more money to play the same game when you can play the first one... And its not even that great really... They are just ripping off ideas from the past versions and slightly updating the game. "Make the customers pay another 60 bucks if they are major fanboys."

MW2 added more Perks, the ability to upgrade perks, custom killstreaks (though the nuke is gay), new weapons, and new map designs that reward varied play styles. Also they added the title and emblem system which is pretty cool. So yeah...

MW2 added more Perks, the ability to upgrade perks, custom killstreaks (though the nuke is gay), new weapons, and new map designs that reward varied play styles. Also they added the title and emblem system which is pretty cool. So yeah...

aka waste of money...

But basically...
-Custom killstreaks (seems stupid as fuck)
-More perks and ability to upgrade perks (Ok but that really doesn't cut it)
-New Maps (Obviously, but still doesn't cut it)
-New weapons (Obviously, but still... doesn't cut it)
-Title and Emblem system (Same online ranking shit as MW1 but "Better looking")

I rest my case... Nothing new here.

aka waste of money...

But basically...
-Custom killstreaks (seems stupid as fuck)
-More perks and ability to upgrade perks (Ok but that really doesn't cut it)
-New Maps (Obviously, but still doesn't cut it)
-New weapons (Obviously, but still... doesn't cut it)
-Title and Emblem system (Same online ranking shit as MW1 but "Better looking")

I rest my case... Nothing new here.

What the fuck? What do you expect out of a sequel to a shooter anyway? A complete change to a Japanese-style RPG?

Mathiäs;9001116 said:
Bad Company is a terrible game. MW2 is great if you play with friends or play private matches.

I'm sorry but nothing is that different between the Modern Warfare & Modern Warfare 2, same game, just updated a bit.

Besides online multiplayer in battlefield is so much more intense & Chaotic you have to rely on teamwork & strategy, to win...It's not like Modern Warfare where you can camp in a corner & win a game by yourself which is just fucking stupid if you ask me.

I'll play the more realistic shooter thank you very much.

MW2 got pretty boring after a few days. It pretty much seemed like camp, or run and shoot.

I heard Bad Company wasn't bad, but haven't tried it yet.

Flower for the PS3 is good for relaxation and it looks great as well.It's a flying simulator where you are petal that flies with the wind over pastoral landscapes, and collect petals of other flowers by flying through them. It's more of an interactive screensaver than a game really, but it can be really fun depending on your mood.

Besides online multiplayer in battlefield is so much more intense & Chaotic you have to rely on teamwork & strategy, to win...
They did this in the original BC, wasn't bad then either.

Flower for the PS3 is good for relaxation and it looks great as well.It's a flying simulator where you are petal that flies with the wind over pastoral landscapes, and collect petals of other flowers by flying through them. It's more of an interactive screensaver than a game really, but it can be really fun depending on your mood.
Yeah its pretty cool man, you should also download Flow. It also uses the same concept. You basically start out as a small organism and you consume other organisms and evolve and try to survive...kind of like a better more graphically pleasing Feeding Frenzy.

You can only camp and win if you are playing against shitty people. MW2 is about maneuverability and smarts.

There are bad things about it, though. The danger close class with grenade launchers really make gameplay retarded when 3 or 4 people are doing it. Painkiller is a bitch, and the fact that sniper rifles don't kill in one shot 100% of the time blows. But the maps are cool, the graphics rule, gameplay is fluid, there are a lot of playlists, and a lot of people play it, so it's a good buy.

edit: MW2's campaign is fucking amazing, and blows MW1 and BC's out of the water.

Mathiäs;9002026 said:
edit: MW2's campaign is fucking amazing, and blows MW1 and BC's out of the water.

Whatever, keep playing the inferior multiplayer game. I don't really care, I just fucking hate people who say it's not that great when all they've played is the demo (Not saying you didn't play the full game, I've played 70 Hours already and I have never had as much fun in a shooter than Bad Company 2).

In MW2, It's pretty gay that cover doesn't explode as your shooting at it. That's what I fucking hate in MW2. If I shoot an rpg against a wall, and on the other side there's a guy in the corner...you should fucking die, that's where Battlefield makes it more about strategy. If there is only one way to a base and all it's cover, trees, etc...are gone, it's an open field, what then? You have to rely on your squad and the other squads to tear them apart in a strategic way, to gain access to your objective.

I will never play another game of Call of Duty ever. Activision & InfinityWard don't really care about there fans. They want money out of you. They charge you 1200 Microsoft points for 5 maps or whatever, which 2 of them are remakes. Give me a fucking break it's worth 800 points at most, Fuck them. Again EA & Dice are superior companies. If you pre-ordered Bad Company 2, you would get VIP Service, map packs are free as they are released. If people don't have it they have to pay for the maps, so it works out for both parties if you ask me.

Oh and Harriers...how in the fuck does a Harrier see you when your in complete camo in a spot where you blend in. Like give me a fucking break.

The only thing good about MW2 is it's campaign.

And that is all.

/rant

They did this in the original BC, wasn't bad then either.

Yeah its pretty cool man, you should also download Flow. It also uses the same concept. You basically start out as a small organism and you consume other organisms and evolve and try to survive...kind of like a better more graphically pleasing Feeding Frenzy.
Yea, I've heard about Flow.
Also, Critter Crunch is pretty damn awesome and addictive for a seemingly casual game.