Gamers Thread

I liked MK vs, DC's one on one fighting way better than previous console installments. The combat mechanics are more fluid and the controls are more responsive, and it looks great as well.Of course it's not Soul Calibur fluid.
The MK franchise has always been plagued by pretty stiff combat, but I just love those characters. But since Midway has gone bankrupt, and Warner Bros. pretty much absorbed them and bought the MK license, hopefully they'll be able to develop a more satisfying combat system.

The only two fun superhero games I've played are InFamous and especially Prototype. Strikingly they are also the only two where the producers have made up their own heroes.

So I bought a broken Xbox 360 on ebay (bad dvd drive, open tray error) and ordered a replacement drive and voila, cheap Xbox 360.

Right now I only have Madden10 and some original Xbox games. What should be my top priority game purchase? MW2?

MW2 is awful.

Get Tekken 6 and Super Street Fighter 4, those should be top priority imo.

Future tip: Don't get Shooter games for consoles unless they are 3rd person.

Also, you might as well have got a cheap PS3 at this day in age.

Well money is an issue for a 2nd console, and I can't think of any games that the PS has that Xbox doesn't (that I would want).

Forgot about T6 though, good call.

So I bought a broken Xbox 360 on ebay (bad dvd drive, open tray error) and ordered a replacement drive and voila, cheap Xbox 360.

Right now I only have Madden10 and some original Xbox games. What should be my top priority game purchase? MW2?

Left 4 dead should be a good game. Gears Of War is bad ass. How is Madden10?

Yea if your looking for good fighter combat with some nice online action SSF4 and T6. People talk some crap about those games but they are worth it imo and very balanced. Takes practice to get good at but you expect that from any game. But I warn you, it can be a bit laggy unless your playing LAN. But that goes for any game you play online because of the server population, etc.

Edit: Gears of War is pretty decent. One of the better shooter games your gona find on 360. Probly one of the best too. I heard Army of two is good.

I don't think you do. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you play as two people, a sniper and a typical grunt-type soldier, so there's more variety. Graphics-wise, the environments look great but the character models are nothing special.

You will play as the spotter aswell I think, not to mention you will go into the heat of the battle with assault rifles aswell. When you have to go to your objectives. I will be getting this, because Sniping is fun as fuck.

Can be, if done well. If you've ever played the old Delta Force games, sniping can be incredibly boring.

Getting a little frustrated with OF:DR2. Controls are clumsy and the whole thing feels weird. Also, difficult.

Left 4 dead should be a good game. Gears Of War is bad ass. How is Madden10?

Yeah I heard GoW is good but I haven't heard of many playing it online. I would prefer to get the popular online shooter.

As far as Madden 10 goes, I don't know. I prefer the pre-360/PS3gen engine so far. The jerkiness and sluggish responsiveness is annoying compared to PC yrs like 06-08 and the original Xbox/PS2 engine.

Obviously the presentation and gfx are better.

As bad as it may sound, I mainly got the 360 to play the new Madden, to reclaim my title as a Madden master. Can't really rest on laurels from an outdated console/PC (EA last made a PC Madden in '08).

Just bought Stalker: Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat on Steam. There were three reasons for this:

1. They're (almost certainly) good games and I'd like to support the production of more.
2. Together they were only $30
3. This shit is fucking hard to pirate. What the fuck, Russia.

Probably Bad Company 2 instead of MW2.

Nexus is such a generally easy instance, but I fucken hate that damn gravity well attack the first boss does.

LOST ODYSSEY!@