Gamers Thread

anyone ranked on sc2 online yet? im like 50ish in the gold bracket..think im in the Asia server, i have no idea. I hope so, because being in Korea that means id be like top3 in America :loco:

It was the ending from MW1, didn't you recognize it?

I never had MW1. Games are generally too expensive and I am not a big fan of solo gaming anymore. Online play ruined that for me.

@STN: Due to my neighborhood a lot of people are on the same cable-line, so at peak hours I can't play MW2 online due to lag, so I would play a bit of the campaign every so often. Bits of it were pretty fun, like the helo assault on the castle, or the snowmobile escape.

I've been dipping in and out of the MW2 campaign on Veteran recently (already finished it on Regular and Hardened). I'm currently about half way through. I'll probably go back and finish MW1 on the last two difficulties as well, just for something to do.

I got bored of the MW2 multiplayer fast but it's all my friends seem to play. I'm thinking of getting BC2 as everyone says it's much better. The only game I regularly play online is Gears of War 2.

Speaking of Gears 2, there is a 25x XP event from September 3rd to September 7th to celebrate Labor Day. If anyone has the game and wants to get their rank up, this is the time to do it. I won't be leaving my Xbox all weekend until I get to level 100. Apparently you unlock something in Gears 3 if you get it.

GW2 Necromancer gameplay- looks like a lot of fun. Mediocre quality recorded at a convention last week. I love the UI on this game, very minimalistic and slick.

Also, for anyone interested I did a lil writeup on the weapon skills(the first 5 skills on your bar are determined by what weapons you have equipped, the last 5 you choose), their purposes, and a little commentary. I'm something of an info whore on games in pre-release/beta phases and have always been big on making connections to get into beta and then giving developer feedback on skill balance/fun factor and such. No beta yet, but I'm getting a head start. All good fun for me :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't fucking wait for GW2.

I don't feel like watching that video, but yesterday I saw a necromancer video where he summoned his minions, had them go out, and then they cried in agony for a few seconds, then BOOM they exploded. It was so fucking metal.

Going through a "shit phase" on MW2 atm. Extremely frustrating. I'm either always on the losing team in TD, playing well in FFA but some nutbar freak will beat me with 30 kills and 2 deaths, or when I'm finally on my game the fucking server times out just before I'm about to win. Argh etc.

So what PC games does everyone have installed right now?

-Left 4 Dead
-Team Fortress 2
-League of Legends
-Anno 1404
-Civ IV: Colonization
-WoW/Cataclysm beta
-Guild Wars (GW2 hype got me to reinstall, meh@ 1 after watching videos of 2)
-Plants vs. Zombies
-Puzzle Quest 2
-Lucidity
-Bejeweled Twist

-Team Fortress 2
-League of Legends
-Bejeweled Twist
-Counter Strike Source
-Alien Swarm
-some Star Wars RTS
-Fallout 3
-The Saboteur
-The Sims 2/3 (gf mostly plays those)
-Bioshock

Probably more, but I'm not sure.

Going through a "shit phase" on MW2 atm. Extremely frustrating. I'm either always on the losing team in TD, playing well in FFA but some nutbar freak will beat me with 30 kills and 2 deaths, or when I'm finally on my game the fucking server times out just before I'm about to win. Argh etc.

I have that problem with TD all the time. I have to play like 5 TD's to get 1 win. I always seem to be on the team with the 2kill/21death rere, no matter how the teams get reshuffled. I am not a great TD player compared my FFA ownage, but I at least make sure my ratio is even.

I have also been on a complaint filing/player reviewing binge with all the 360ers/quickscopers/aimbot campers/etc.

What has been fun as shit recently though is I finally went and got a Tac Knife attachment.I fucking own Vacant and Scrapyard fairly regularly.

TF2
BC2
MW2
WC3
SC2
CSS
LoL
Unreal Tournament(the original motherfuckers)
and Quake Live(you guys should get this game, it's free)

I have more, but a lot of them I haven't actually downloaded off Steam(bought them during that huge summer sale, haven't gotten around to dling them)