Gamers Thread

New Medal of Honor is really disappointing. Jumping on the Modern Warfare bandwagon, and quite pathetically tbh.

I don't understand the backlash Halo2 got/gets. The level design is awesome and the game plays beautifully. I always hear people complain of the respawn system. It just makes the game all the more challenging and I really love the game. It might be my favorite. The first one was way too repetitive. 3 just sucked as a campaign, but the multiplayer is great.

New Medal of Honor is really disappointing. Jumping on the Modern Warfare bandwagon, and quite pathetically tbh.
Where's the picture that has 3 modern FPS, and they all look the same when you need it.

Seriously though, the FPS genre right now is extremely saturated with garbage.

Hell, even the new Duke Nukem jumping on the iron sight bandwagon.

Hopefully in the future, there will be more old school styled FPS. And no, I didn't play old school FPS in the late 90s, I just prefer the fast paced, fun looking style the games had.

call of duty jumped on soldier of fortune 2 you noobs, know your fps history! this shit's been old for years, and sof2 fucking ruled!

it's really different man, it got rid of alot of complexities that civ4 had. you can't unit stack anymore, you have luxury and trade I think, forget off the top of my head resources. As in gold you can trade like any other civ, but iron/horses etc you only have a certain amount per resource worked and you can't have more than like 4 horsemen or 4 swordsman if you only have 4 horse/iron. Wonders are still the same and technologies nothing really changed there, but they changed overall happiness into golden ages..happier you are the quicker you will have golden ages. Workers can't stack either and they work slow as fuck, but there's not as many options..only farm/(rail)road/plantation/mine/trading post(cottage without growth from civ4) etc..no more anarchy turns or government, you use culture to adopt policies and further each one..their are city states, like 1 city nations and if you help them they give you resources/food/military units/culture or you can conquer them..it's not so bad so far. Each nation leader isn't as awesome and variant as before, like Washington for instance as Manifest Destiny which is like military 1 sight and I think something to do with naval and thats it, no more navy seals they have musketmen...cool so far, combat/building is a hard combination right now but its good so far..definitely worth 50 bones

I actually dig the modern shooter iron-sights and realism stuff. The problem is that it's just a little too easy to excrete a game like the new MoH that's all regenerating health and chest-high walls. I really do kinda hate this regenerating health stuff, CoD 2 did it and it became completely universal almost overnight. It's not necessarily inherently bad, but I feel like devs feel forced to use it because the public expects it when it may not be what actually suits the game. And chest-high walls get really really really boring after a little while.

Just heard Blood Bowl Legendary has been released on steam, and I'm wondering if I should pic it up.

regenerating health is kinda necessary (for player enjoyment) in games where a few shots can kill, so skirmishes are usually on equal ground. it's definitely unrealistic though, lol.

i think i prefer games like the Quake series where you have a big health bar and it's all sci-fi mayhem and insanity. i bet i would enjoy the Halo series and the Gears of War series too. the hardware certainly exists, why the fuck dont they come to pc. cmon microsoft there is money to be made.

it's really different man, it got rid of alot of complexities that civ4 had. you can't unit stack anymore, you have luxury and trade I think, forget off the top of my head resources. As in gold you can trade like any other civ, but iron/horses etc you only have a certain amount per resource worked and you can't have more than like 4 horsemen or 4 swordsman if you only have 4 horse/iron. Wonders are still the same and technologies nothing really changed there, but they changed overall happiness into golden ages..happier you are the quicker you will have golden ages. Workers can't stack either and they work slow as fuck, but there's not as many options..only farm/(rail)road/plantation/mine/trading post(cottage without growth from civ4) etc..no more anarchy turns or government, you use culture to adopt policies and further each one..their are city states, like 1 city nations and if you help them they give you resources/food/military units/culture or you can conquer them..it's not so bad so far. Each nation leader isn't as awesome and variant as before, like Washington for instance as Manifest Destiny which is like military 1 sight and I think something to do with naval and thats it, no more navy seals they have musketmen...cool so far, combat/building is a hard combination right now but its good so far..definitely worth 50 bones

Don't know when I will get it, but it is for sure on my list of things to buy. Graphics look sweettt but I really enjoyed all the micromanagement involved in IV.

regenerating health is kinda necessary (for player enjoyment) in games where a few shots can kill, so skirmishes are usually on equal ground. it's definitely unrealistic though, lol.
yeah, it's kinda funny how people consider games like CoD realistic, when somehow the player gains health magically.

at least health packs are slightly more realistic(even though those are silly as well)

Rainbow Six: Raven Shield ftmfw. If only that game didn't have such appalling AI.

i think i prefer games like the Quake series where you have a big health bar and it's all sci-fi mayhem and insanity. i bet i would enjoy the Halo series and the Gears of War series too. the hardware certainly exists, why the fuck dont they come to pc. cmon microsoft there is money to be made.

The GoW and Halo games have all been ported to pc a long time ago, wtf....

So Vindictus is a little deeper than I thought, even though it's still in beta. My little guy named Fisk is level 31 right now (current cap for testing purposes is 38) and on the West server, so if anyone wants to play it (it's free, remember) I can create an Ultimate Metal guild :3

Rainbow Six: Raven Shield ftmfw. If only that game didn't have such appalling AI

The GoW and Halo games have all been ported to pc a long time ago, wtf....

only Halo 1, 2 and GoW 1 according to wiki.. i didnt have a gaming pc until recently and i dunno if it's worth it buying old games.

EDIT: forget what i said, i checked some videos and reviews and they are still good by today's standards. i'll probably look for them, thanks for info. hopefully the newest installments in both series will come to pc too, eventually.