Gamers Thread

I played for about 2-3 hours today and am finding it pretty enjoyable. There is a ridiculous amount of stuff to it, but right now I'm just going through the early missions and what not (starting with the Military). Already got my second ship :kickass:

Anyways I'll buy it, and then decide after 30 days whether or not I want to pay the monthly subscription. Next week is study week and then after that is finals, and then I'll have a lot of time on my hands.

my SC2 game is improving. i generally macro and build up my army while mutalisk-harassing enemy workers and denying expansions.

this usually causes the enemy to turtle up and build a shitload of missile turrets or photon cannons. which is exactly what i want them to do, waste their money on useless (explained later) static defense and thus have a smaller army.

cuz then i build fuckin BROOD LORDS oh yeah (their attack outranges static defense and spawns expendable little critters that distract from my main army and even cause siege tanks to blow up their friends) with hydralisk/corruptor support, do one ultimate assault and gg

Ok, so forget about what I said about being tired of action games earlier. After seeing some gameplay from True Crime: Hong Kong, I jizz in my pants every time I think about China.

That looks like it has potential. As long as the world is actually interesting and not another fucking Just Cause...

Can anyone recommend me any third person shooter games for PC. My computer is outdated and the most recent game that I played was GTA San Andreas. Until I get a new computer I can't play anything too recent.

I'm looking for something with a great storyline and something very dark, moody and atmospheric. Max Payne is my favourite video game, certainly at the time, and I don't think I've ever enjoyed a game more than that one. Manhunt was very cool too and I realize the gameplay in these games is rather repetitive but the rest of what these games offered more than made up for this in my opinion. I also enjoyed Mafia and the GTA series but these aren't very dark.

Not many good third person shooters that I'm aware of. Metal Gear Solid if they have it for PC, which I'm sure you've already heard of it.

The only other one I can think of is "Hitman". I would highly recommend it. Probably the best strategic third-person shooter I've played, with a decent storyline.

upgraded from an ati radeon hd 4350 to an ati radeon hd 5670 and holy fuck, i cannot believe i played some of these games before. i'm playing mass effect 2 now at max settings and its running perfectly so i loaded up a save about 3 major missions before the omega relay and i'm going to redo all the stuff, do side missions, all the dlc, then finish the game before thanksgiving break is over. the atmosphere, great graphics, playability, it all translates into a game thats twice as fun as when i tried to run it on my shit computer and now its like playing it for the first time all over again, the way it was meant to be played and being amazed by it. i'm not going to start until christmas break but during that i'm going to replay (since im only about 3 or 4 hours out of the vault maybe) fallout 3, then do all the dlc and then do new vegas. fuck yeah for finally having a gaming computer good enough to run the games i want perfectly to tide me over until i build my massive insane machine in february to play deus ex 3 at max settings.

Not many good third person shooters that I'm aware of. Metal Gear Solid if they have it for PC, which I'm sure you've already heard of it.

The only other one I can think of is "Hitman". I would highly recommend it. Probably the best strategic third-person shooter I've played, with a decent storyline.

The hitman series is definitely what you want then. Hitman 2 is pretty dark and really fun with a ton of diverse levels and great freedom while not being so ridiculously stealth oriented like splinter cell. you can do steal, go in killing everything, set off little traps and well thought out plans etc. The first game had really bad graphics and not a lot of great gameplay mechanics and the 3rd one which went back and did some of the old stuff again i remember not liking so Hitman 2 is probably your best bet (especially replay value, I spent many hours going through the levels that take you through the office/skyscraper just shooting the fuck out of everyone with an automatic shotgun, fucking awesome).

You gonna play online with that?

I just finished the Black Ops single player campaign and have been playing the multiplayer. Single player is okay, story is good but the level design is kinda boring but I guess it is more of an interactive story than anything. I also just got Fallout New Vegas, to which I haven't really given it time to kick up properly. Thinking of getting Mass Effect 2 soon.

ME2 is awesome but I would recommend playing ME1 first as a lot of the story/characters/etc is established in the first, and also the choices you make carry over.

I do hope to go online with L4D2...Couldn't get the torrent to work, so I wound up just buying it. W/e.

Might as well, you probably wouldn't have been able to go online with it pirated anyways. And L4D2 is pretty pointless without the multiplayer aspect. It's a good, solid game but it just doesn't properly climax without the online aspects.

Yeah, I figured
I was at least hoping I could try the singleplayer to determine if it would be worth my jew tokens, but this proved impossible.

I got L4D2 on Steam today as well. Used to have it for the 360 but sold it. Can't beat it for $5 though. We should all play together and kill some zombies :kickass:

And I would definitely go with ME1 first as well, it's a fantastic game.

I got L4D2 on Steam today as well. Used to have it for the 360 but sold it. Can't beat it for $5 though. We should all play together and kill some zombies :kickass:

And I would definitely go with ME1 first as well, it's a fantastic game.

it really is. I did the first one on 360 (fucking retarded) so i had to just do the thing at the beginning on pc where you say the stuff you did in the last game. probably my favorite video game series as the story is amazing, you get completely sucked in, graphics and atmosphere are great, gameplay is constantly changing but in a good way, and the decisions actually matter. i can't remember the last time i sat staring at my computer screen for 3 minutes thinking holy fuck which should i choose? the first time i beat it i got the worst ending so now i went back and got a good one, hopefully it's good enough to carry over into me3.

i've just gotten all the dlc and just beat lair of the shadow broker (too short but man was it sweet) so I'm going to do all that and beat the entire game since even the smallest missions are still great. during christmas break i'm going to do the same thing but with fallout 3; with my old card (radeon hd4350) i couldn't do anything but now with my hd 5670 i can basically run any game i want at top settings and have it still run perfectly. i'm about half way through the fallout 3 story and then i'll do the dlc to make me wait until deus ex 3 (ughhh, too far awayyyy)